D&D 5E Here's Tasha's Contents Page

IGN has posted the contents page from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, along with a slew of art. They also spoke to WotC, who commented on some of the DM tools -- "The DM Tools chapter also includes rules and suggestions for what are being called "Supernatural Regions." These otherworldly locations include (among others) haunted realms where restless spirits wander freely, the Lovecraftian...

IGN has posted the contents page from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, along with a slew of art.

Tashas-Cauldron-of-Everything_ToC_WM-720x949.jpg

They also spoke to WotC, who commented on some of the DM tools -- "The DM Tools chapter also includes rules and suggestions for what are being called "Supernatural Regions." These otherworldly locations include (among others) haunted realms where restless spirits wander freely, the Lovecraftian nightmare of a world beyond the known sphere of existence, or a delightfully horrifying colony of mimics." The Far Realm, which is outside the Great Wheel, is where beholders and illithids come from. They also note that there weren't many Unearthed Arcana subclasses which didn't make it into this book.

Tasha's Cauldron of Everything comes out on November 17th in America, and December 1st in Europe, Asia, and Pacific countries.

I am really disappointed about the name change of the psionic soul back to the aberrant mind. I get that they were kind of overdoing X soul, but I wanted a variant of "psionic" somewhere in the title. Psionic mind would be fine.

Aberrant mind seems to be a really specific flavour of psionics though - i don't think it really reflects the psionic soul sorcerer we saw in UA (and the Aberrant Mind showed up in a completely different UA). It really is something different - half-psion, half-icky tentacular stuff. Arms of Hadar, Hunger of Hadar, Black Tentacles etc on the spell list, and the 14th level ability is basically 'you grow eyestalks or are covered in slimy mucus'.

That's all stuff that's completely alien (pun intended) to, for example, what psionics are in Dark Sun.

My gut feeling is that WotC gave up on having a psion class/subclass that was ready and UA-verified in time for Tasha's, and so gave up and cut it completely. I reckon that if we see a Dark Sun 5e book, the 5e psion (whatever it looks like) will show up there.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I might just be getting weird as its getting close to being released, but I'm worried that I might be a bit disappointed in the book.

Remove ads

Remove ads