Here's VIN DIESEL Playing That D&D Game!

Remember last week when Vin Diesel said he'd just played a game of D&D with the folks at The Nerdist and Geek and Sundry? Well, now you can watch that game! Or, at least, some of it in this 5-minute highlights video. The DM was Matt Mercer, and Vin Diesel was playing a Witch Hunter character. The other players were Dan Casey, Jessica Chobot, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham.

Remember last week when Vin Diesel said he'd just played a game of D&D with the folks at The Nerdist and Geek and Sundry? Well, now you can watch that game! Or, at least, some of it in this 5-minute highlights video. The DM was Matt Mercer, and Vin Diesel was playing a Witch Hunter character. The other players were Dan Casey, Jessica Chobot, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham.

[video=youtube;SlWt07l_pvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlWt07l_pvI[/video]

Geek and Sundry is showing the full (extended) version. Vin Diesel, of course, is starring in a new movie called The Witch Hunter; his character in the movie is based on his D&D character.

smiteworks

Explorer
Looks pretty fun. I think I would almost be intimidated attempting to play at that table.

I would be too, but I'd roll with it as best as I could and hope that I'd not be too out of place. I have probably done more voice acting as a DM than I have as a player. The current group I'm in focuses much more on the tactical combat side of things and is very light on the roleplaying.

pdegan2814

First Post
How come that the worst RPer at the table was the one famous actor...?

You could argue that he was the "most" famous actor at the table, but there were also three well-regarded professional voice actors involved in that game as well, plus Dan & Jess have very little shame when it comes to being silly on camera. :)

arjomanes

Explorer
How come that the worst RPer at the table was the one famous actor...?

Weird. I liked that he was the only one not hamming it up. Probably because he's a film actor instead of a voice actor. Maybe voice acting requires more exaggerated accents and expression. I could never play in a group like that. It's way too much.

mips42

Adventurer
It makes me happy that Vin looked like he was having a good time.
This play style is not for everyone but was fun to watch and I, for one, would LOVE to be in a game like this.
Maybe someday I can get to be somewhat close to the GM that Matt is, but I'm not holding my breath.

Remove ads

Remove ads