HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir looks at the giants across the mud and sneers.
"Eahid altafawua alkhasu bik fi nihayatih. Laqad takalat muasasatuk min aldam. Laqad rafaet zuhurik aldhy waqafat ealayh.
'Iidha kan ladayk wasayil sahriat lil hurub, yjb'an tarkud alan... 'aw wade hadhih al'aslihat waindam 'iilaa rukbatik
."
[SBLOCK=If you speak Orc] Your reign of superiority is at an end. Your foundation of blood has eroded. The backs upon which you stood have risen up.
If you have magical means by which to escape, you should run now... or lay down your weapons and join your kneeling kin.[/SBLOCK]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Damionte

Explorer
Damionte - :: About To Get Real ::

Duncan, Ebony, Travis & Leonard
:: About To Get Real ::

Duncan gives a hand signal to his men indicating the prostrated giant (H18). and trades places with them.
"if it flinches, kill it immediately."

He surveys the current battlefield and grimaces, weighing the situation before turning to Ebony."That’s a Giant Royal, this is not going to go well. We will hold here a moment longer, but be prepared to pull out on my order.” He then turns his voice to the Bard.

"Friend elf, I do not know what the situation was when your troupe arrived here, but the situation has likely advanced. There is an entire red orc army camped just a leisurely stroll from the cave entrance behind us. We may not dare hope to hold this position for much longer should the situation continue to escalate."

"We’ve marked the giants solidly, it’s time for an orderly withdrawal."


Battle 5.jpg

[sblock=Meta Actions]
Bless = +1 Morale Bonus to Attack and Saves vs Fear CL1 ( 8 rounds Remaining )

All 4 used their move actions to relocate. And have readied attack actions.
Trigger for Lenny, Trav, and Ebony is Giant H18 well, flinching. Basically if he tries to stand, reach for anyone, look up to see what’s going on or just scratch his ass, they’re going to attack him.
Duncan is holding his in case any new foe gets within melee range.

Duncan: Longsword Attack Roll 25, Damage=11 Slashing
Ebony: Longsword Attack Roll 28 , Damage=8 Piercing.
Travis: Broadsword Attack Roll 20 Damage=9 Piercing
Leonard: Battleaxe Attack Roll 24 Damage=9 Slashing
Giant G18 and Lenny/Travis/Ebony all have cover from each other due to the pillar, and the door. Which counters the -4 AC penalty the giant gets for laying prone. They also can’t take attacks of opportunity against each other.

Active Effects:
Ducan:
Bless Morale Bonus ( 9 Rounds +1 Attack +1 vs Fear ) ( Currently Over Written By Sylvar's +2 Bard Song )
Aura Of Courage (10 Feet): +4 Morale Save vs Fear
Marshal Auras ( Circumstance Bonuses Ongoing )
Within 60 Feet of Duncan: +1 Attack, +4 Will Saves

Ebony:
Within 60 Feet of Ebony: +1 Armor Class, +3 Reflex Saves

Shield Users adjacent to either Duncan receive an additional +2 Shield Bonus to AC and +1 Shield Bonus to Reflex Saves due to the shield wall effect.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Blocks - Current Bonuses Applied]
Duncan: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 51 / 51
Fort: 13, Ref: 14, Will: 15
AC: 23, Touch: 12, Flat: 19
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11, Sense Motive: 17
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 14

Ebony: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 34 / 34
Fort: 6, Ref: 10, Will: 11
AC: 23, Touch: 12, Flat: 19
Passive Spot: 10, Listen: 10, Sense Motive: 13
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 15


Travis: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 7, Will: 7
AC: 21, Touch: 13, Flat: 19
Masterwork Broad Sword + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Broad Sword +11; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 12

Leonard: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 7, Will: 6
AC: 21, Touch: 13, Flat: 19
Masterwork Battle Axe + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Battle Axe +11; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 11
[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Posted from my phone, apologies for bare-bones formatting.


As the Dire Wolves come into view, the Wolf Master takes his readied action, and points toward the kitchen, speaking a command word. When he does this, his helmet pulses briefly with magical energy!

GM:
Wolf Master’s initiative now 17e2


The Wolves all rush into the kitchen, en masse, barking and yipping!

Elder Kurok says, in Common, “What’ll it be, Orc? Fight, or parley?”

Elder Kragg snorts, but says nothing. He looks skeptical of the party’s willingness to negotiate.

Thallok: It’s your turn! What do you do?
 

redraider629

Explorer
OOC: listen check = 7 fail


Thallok thinks about the situation, he decides he does not want to fight enemies who expressed a willingness to negotiate. He says to the elder Giants, "I would prefer not to fight with you, but I am not sure that now is the time for negotiations. Especially when there are those who wish to continue to fight. I will leave you be, so long as you lay down your arms."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Roar Of Defiance!!

Hill Giants #9 and #18 continue to lay flat on their stomachs, their fingers laced together behind their heads.

The other Hill Giants look confused, because although they are demoralized, the appearance of their Prince has clearly affected them. Most look fearful, but two of them wear a look of hopefulness upon their countenance.

GM:
Morale Saving Throw:
Willpower Save, Base DC 10.
-1 for each dead leader (Darris, Delliak, Kanor, Chef) = DC 14
-1 for each fled leader (Nosnra, Vulka, Kurok, Kragg) = DC 18
-1 for each dead Hill Giant (H1, H2, H5, H6, H7, H8, H11, H17, H22) = DC 27
+5 for the sudden appearance of their greatest warrior (Prince Kraven) = DC 22
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18): 21; 8; 22; 11; 23; 9; 9 [Hill Giants #12 and #14 makes their save; all others fail.]


Hill Giant #12 picks up a dinner knife, and stabs #9 in the leg, while he is prone, and not paying attention!
Hill Giant #12 says, "Korkak!" as he stabs his comrade!

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Coward!"[/sblock]

GM:
Hill Giant #9 is unarmored, prone, and facing the other side of the room; he did not notice the Prince's arrival, nor did he notice Hill Giant #12 as he picked up the dinner knife!
Base AC 17
Cowering = AC 15
Prone = AC 13
Hill Giant Base Attack w/ Melee Weapon: +15
Non-Proficient Penalty w/ Non-Standard Weapon: (-4) = +11
Attack Roll: (21) = Hit; Damage = 11 pts.


The prone Hill Giant screams in pain as the dinner knife sticks and lodges in his right calf muscle! It's a minor wound, but still very painful from the sound of it! In addition, the Giant had been previously injured as well.

Hill Giant #14 steps from his table, over to the adjacent table, and bends over to pick up the Greatsword that Hill Giant #2 dropped.

Once he has it in hand, he brandishes it at Hill Giant #15 and says, "Dur ve dövüş, sen lanet! Sadece seni öldürürler zaten! Savaşmak için çok daha iyi!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Stand and fight, you cur! They'll simply kill you anyway! Much better to go down fighting!"[/sblock]

Meanwhile, to the South, a deafening roar is heard! It sounds like a mix between the roar of a Lion, and the screech of an Eagle!

The roar is followed by the desperate battle-cry of three Hill Giants!

GM:
Hill Giants 19, 20, and 21 (who are unarmed) attack someone, twice each.
This provokes 1 attack of opportunity against Hill Giant #19.
"Someone" is still calling 10 pts. Power Attack.
Hill Giant #19 is bitten for 28 pts. of damage as he steps in with a haymaker!
Attack Rolls: 18; 21; 23; 29; 20; 24 (1 Hit, 5 Misses)
"Someone" takes 8 points of damage.


The Someone lets the Hill Giants have it!

GM:
Someone is attacking the Giants one at a time, starting with #19:
Attack Rolls: 24; 20; 25; 18; 26; 28 (6 Hits)
Damage: 28,21,20 = Hill Giant #19 is now at -8; Someone starts in on Hill Giant #20!
Damage: 17,16,31 = Hill Giant #20 is tossed around like a rag doll for a total of 64 pts. damage!


The party hears BLOOD-CURDLING SCREAMS OF AGONY coming from the South!

The remaining Ogre Guard attacks someone and misses!

Hill Giant #2 bleeds out and dies!

Hill Giant #3 comes running back into view from the North!



Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9e.png


VALE: It's your turn! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

5th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [12 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Injured (26) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Injured (17)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Significantly Injured (64) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-4)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Moderately Wounded (57) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Severely Wounded (76) [RALLIED]
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]

Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg

Doing Things in Room #7: Nosnra, Vulka[/B]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Vale Tries Creative...

~ How to pin the heads of a multi-head snake. ~

Vale realizes that time is his greatest adversary...besides the giants; the longer the battle endures, the more chances exist for it to end poorly in retreat or worse for the party.

"Val, use your magical darkvision and describe what you see about us, and continue to do so. We must find a way to cut the head off of the snake. "

Vale comes upon an idea, and he attempts to implement it. He kneels and touches the cobblestones at the entrance of the door to his south. He whispers a Dwarvish transmutation,
"Steine, Komm zum Leben und gestalte auf meine Worte. Scharfe Punkte und wütende Stachel Haken aus hartem Stein, unversöhnlich und voller schmerzhafter Verletzungen."

[sblock=Translation from Dwarven] "Stones, come to life and form upon my words. Sharp points and angry barbed hooks made of hard stone, unforgiving, and full of painful injury." [/sblock]

Vale moves to the seam of the double doors, and opens them wide, throwing several clay sculptures onto the floor, as if he were playing a game of jacks.

GM: Vale moves 10 ft., opening the doors as part of his Move Action. Vale then casts Stone Shape, causing the floor to be covered with visible, barbed spikes. As his Haste action, Vale moves back to his original position.


"That'll rouse them terribly, I'm sure. And keep them in place for a bit."


OOC: If enough time exists in Vale's turn, he shall utilize his Belt of Healing to heal himself of his wounds. #2d8=11...should fully heal himself with a single charge


GM: You can do that on your next turn. The Haste spell was cast high enough to allow an extra melee attack, or an extra movement, but not an extra Standard Action; therefore, your Standard Action was taken up by casting your spell.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
A Nasty Surprise!

Vale throws the clay pieces on the floor, and the Giants (along with their pet Dire Bear, "Tim") are treated (once again!) to a nasty surprise beneath their feet!

GM:
The spell will affect 16 cubic feet of stone. This means that, since the target of the spell is the stone floor, the area affected (in terms of 5 ft. squares) will be 3 x 3 x 3; that is, 3 squares wide, 3 squares long, 3 squares high.

Since the barbs are 3 squares (15 feet) high, I would imagine them to be long and thin, and contain multiple barbs. Sort of like a miniature forest of devil's walking sticks.

This would inflict damage akin to a spiked trap (DMG, pp. 71); Since your DC for a 3rd level spell is 20, then this would be a CR 2 trap which is created by your spell. The Giants will be hit by 1d4 spikes each (+10 Attack), and the damage for the spikes will be 1d6+3 each [instead of 1d4+2] because the spikes are taller, and barbed, compared with the short, non-barbed spikes in a typical trap.

Since the spikes suddenly appear all around them, there is no Reflex save allowed. The spikes simply roll to attack.

If the Giants move through an area where the spikes are, they will be "attacked" by 1d4 spikes per square that they move through.

Once someone is damaged by a barb, the barb remains in them until removed; removing it is a full round action which will cause 1d6+3 pts. of damage to the victim. Whenever someone with a barb moves (even if they move out of the initial area) they will take 1d4+2 pts. of damage per square of movement taken, as the barb continues to gouge them.

Vulka is "attacked" by 2 spikes. Nosnra is "attacked" by 1. Tim is "attacked" by 1.

Attack #1 (V): Natural 1 (Miss)
Attack #2 (V): AC 22 (Miss)
Attack #1 (N): AC 15 (Miss)
Attack #1 (T): AC 29 (Hits); Damage = 9 pts.


The Giants yelp in surprise, but these spikes (unlike the spells which were used to great effect in the Feast Hall) are fewer and less effective; the superb, Drow-made armor and their tough, leathery hides save them from injury. However, their pet bear is not so lucky; one of the barbed spikes hits him, leaving a mild, bloody gash in his fur.

[sblock=Map of the Grand Hallway of Victory]
00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A3.png
[/sblock]

The Ogre Sous Chef enters a rage, and viciously attacks "Someone" with his meat cleaver!

GM:
Attack #1: AC 27 (Hit); Damage = 20 pts.
Attack #2: AC 24 (Miss)


The remaining Orc Servants fight for their lives against the newly-arrived Dire Wolves!

Hill Giant #6 continues to bleed out on the floor!

Hill Giant #4 reaches into his bag, and chucks a large rock at Hill Giant #9, yelling, "Kalk ve dövüş, korkak!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Get up and fight, you coward!"[/sblock]


GM:
Hill Giant Base AC 17
Cowering (-2) = AC 15
Prone (+4) = AC 19
(Yes, I realize that in my last post, I listed Prone as -2 penalty to AC, that was a mistake.)
Attack Roll: AC 20 (Hit); Damage = 14 pts.


The cowering Giant yelps in pain, as the big rock thuds into his back, with a sickening crunch!

GM: Positions on the main battle map have not changed since the last post.


We are now in Round 6.

RESPEN: It's Your Turn! What do you do?






[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [12 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Injured (17)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Significantly Injured (64) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Severely Wounded (76) [RALLIED]
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Remaining Durations of The Party's Buff Spells:]
This total is as of the Sixth Round of combat:

Dewydd's Buffs:
Abjurant Armor [+8] 10 hours [6,000 Rounds] = 5,977 Rounds Remaining
Alter Self 50 minutes. [500 Rounds] = 477 Rounds Remaining
Shield [+8] 12 minutes. [120 Rounds] = 97 Rounds Remaining
Protection from Evil 10 minutes. [100 Rounds] = 77 Rounds Remaining
Blur 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 27 Rounds Remaining
Sheltered Vitality 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 53 Rounds Remaining

Interfaith Blessing (Everyone) 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 37 Rounds Remaining

Bull's Strength (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 87 Rounds Remaining
Cat's Grace (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 101 Rounds Remaining

Greater Invisibility (Tam) 11 Rounds. = 4 Rounds Remaining.
Haste (Everyone Except Tam & Lathir) 11 Rounds. = 4 Rounds Remaining

Shield (Nel) 4 Minutes. [40 Rounds] = 33 Rounds Remaining.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
SUPPLEMENTAL POST: WHAT THE AXE SAID.

Valoran (Vale's axe) says (In Common): "Hey, do you remember when that one Giant fled toward the South, and you said that he was blabbering something about ringing some sort of alarm gong? Have you noticed that we haven't yet heard anything like that?"

Vale's mind jogs back to the event, which happened less than a minute ago:

Vale's Memories said:
The Hill Giant looks at the Ogre Sous Chef incredulously, and says, "Ne yapıyorsun salak Ogre? Yerini unuttun mu Gong'u çalacak ve müttefiklerime uyaracağım!"

GM: REFERENCE NOTE: Click Here To View
 

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen Round 6

~ Methinks mischief is afoot ~

Respen moves west toward the wall while removing a scroll from the bandoleer across his chest, identifying it by the wax seal and it's position in the bandoleer.

He sees the bear that Vale has poked, the barbed stone pikes jutting up from the ground around it, and the giant Nosnra behind it. Vulka's presence is readily there as well, but she it not line of sight. He stops for just a moment to release the spell in a 10 foot square at the threshold of the door. "Graisse!", Respen barks the command word in Elvish.

[sblock=If you speak Elvish] "Grease!" [/sblock]

He then backpeddles quickly to provoke the bear to pay attention to him instead of the rest of the party, perhaps tugging on its instinct instead of training to chase him.

OOC: Respen moves 10 feet diagonally NW toward the western wall, and when in line of sight of the bear, casts Grease at the location specified. In hasted move afterwards, he heads north in a hard backpedal, careful to avoid obstacles such as trophies sticking out from the wall and any furniture in the room.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Respen moves over and back a little, so that he can see the doorway clearly. He casts his spell, and then begins to back-peddle, hoping the bear will follow him.

GM:
Respen moves to square R14, and casts a spell.
He then uses his Haste action to move backwards to square R21.


GM:
The Dire Bear is trained to kill Dwarves; he is trained to ATTACK and he is trained to HATE (FAVORED ENEMY) Dwarves.

His first instinct, even without being told to do so by Nosnra, is to charge Vale.

If Respen wants to bait him, using the Bear's natural instinct to pursue running targets against him, he forces the Bear to make a Sense Motive check.

The Bear's WIS is 12 (+1)
The Bear receives a +5 bonus for his intense and frequent training.
His Sense Motive check is 1d20+6

Respen's Bluff check (relayed to me over the phone): 14.
Bear's Sense Motive check: 23 (baiting fails.)


Current Positions in Hallway:

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A4.png



KLEBORN: It's Your Turn! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [12 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Injured (17)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Significantly Injured (64) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Severely Wounded (76) [RALLIED]
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg
[/sblock]

[sblock=For Future Reference]
"...A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check."
Dire Bear base movement = 40'
Half movement = 20'
If the Dire Bear charges (80') or runs (120') or uses pursuit movement (160') then he is causing himself to make MORE than just a single Balance check:
"...charging requires one Balance check for each multiple of your speed (or fraction thereof) that you charge."
The bear can only reach square R18 with a charge (not enough to reach Respen)
So the bear will use Run (x3 movement) to get within striking distance. Since a move rate of 20' requires 1 Balance check, a move rate of 120' requires 6 Balance checks (1 for each 20' increment). If the bear fails ANY of these checks, he falls prone in square Q4.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top