HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Prince Kraven Attacks!

GM: Posted on behalf of Kleborn, who sent his moves via text message:


OOC: Kleborn calls 5 pts. of Expertise. Kleborn calls Dodge against Vulka. Kleborn moves 15 feet to square S6, and readies his attack action, on the condition that any of the three come within melee range.


Kleborn, sword and shield at the ready, moves up in front of Vale, and says, "Hey buddy, why don't you move back a little? Don't want you to end up as bear poop."

Kleborn readies himself, waiting for his opponents to make the first move, but keeping extra careful watch on the biggest Giant, the priestess Vulka.

Nelvandra moves back, closer to Respen, before casting her spell.

Nelvandra says, "Last one, guys!" as she releases her Seeking Ray!

GM:
Nelvandra base move: 30 ft. (Hasted: 60 ft.)
Nelvandra moves 60 feet to square T20.
T20 is 105 ft. away from her target (Nosnra.) (Whom she considers the biggest threat.)
Her spell's range is 140 ft.


The ray springs from her fingertip, racing towards Nosnra! It slams into him, causing him to shake and shiver as it shocks him violently!

GM:
Base attack: +8
+2 Inspire Courage
+2 Haste
Roll (1d20+12) = (26) Hit; Damage = 11 pts.


Current Positions In Hallway:


00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6a.png



Meanwhile, in the main room, Prince Kraven says, in Common, "I am Prince Kraven, Lord of the Oyt Wood, Son of Nosnra, and I am going to make you pay for the death of my uncle, Delliak!"

Kraven snaps his fingers, and a HUGE Composite Longbow appears in his hands! It looks to be made of some sort of wood, and has been painted with yellow and black stripes.

"Ah, my Bumblebee," he exclaims, as he draws the string...

As Kraven draws the string, an arrow appears, already nocked, out of thin air! He takes aim at Sylvar! Kraven lets 4 arrows fly, snarling in defiance!

GM:
Sylvar: Base AC 19
Haste +2
Total AC: 21
Distance of bow shot to Sylvar: 140' (-2 to hit from range)
Dewydd is within normal bow range (no penalty)

Kraven actually splits his targets, realizing that Dewydd is hurt badly enough to be using magical means to heal himself.
Attack #1 (Sylvar): (25) -2 = (23) Hit; Damage = 15 pts.
Attack #2 (Sylvar): (21) - 2 = (19) Miss
Attack #3 (Dewydd): (11) = Miss
Attack #4 (Dewydd): (9) = Miss


Kraven is using the Rapid Shot technique, but it is working against him; his zeal to launch more arrows causes them to be poorly aimed, despite the fact that he is an accomplished marksman; still, one arrow manages to find Sylvar's flesh! The arrow thunks solidly into Sylvar's right shoulder, just below the clavicle, knocking the wind out of surprised Bard!

GM: That description was for dramatic effect, you suffer no extra ill effects from the arrow, and it does not interrupt your song.




GM: Positions on the main map have not changed.





Dewydd! It's your turn! What do you do?





[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Injured (17)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Severely Wounded (76) [RALLIED]
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Diarmadhim

Explorer
I activate Battle Leader's Charge and fly through the air, pouncing upon the hill giant (H14) that picked up the greatsword. My initial attack is a wrath blow; I swing my greatsword from above and diagonally aimed towards the enemy's left ear. The second attack is a middle blow, executed horizontally from left to right. My final attack is a low blow. Swung from below, I aim at my enemy's arms.

With passion I state, "Teslim olanlara tam çeyrek ve atone şansı verilecektir. Buna direnen herkes bununla aynı kaderi çekecek! Barış içinde yaşamak parçalardan ölmekten daha iyidir. Drow ve Pomarj ile ligde olmak, amcanın öldürüldüğü şey. Artık, insanlarınızı daha iyi bir yola yönlendirmek için fırsatınız var. Al onu!"

[sblock=For those who speak giant]“All who surrender will be given full quarter and a chance to atone. All who resist will suffer the same fate as this one! It is better to live in peace than die in pieces. Being in league with the drow and Pomarj is what got your uncle killed. You now have the opportunity to lead your people down a better path. Take it!”[/sblock]

OOC: My Whirling Frenzy has ended. It was actually over at the start of my last turn in which I healed myself. I'm just mentioning it because we've never had a combat last this long, so huzzah for our longest combat yet! I'll charge forward two squares.

Attack 1: 38 to-hit (critical threat). 28 to-hit on the confirmation roll. 53 damage.
Attack 2: 30 to-hit. 12 damage.
Attack 3: 29 to-hit. 22 damage.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Prince Kraven's Retort!

Dewydd flies into action, charging Hill Giant #14, much faster than the surprised Giant was expecting; Dewydd's blow lands while his defenses are down, and hits exactly where Dewydd intended: the Giant's left ear.

The momentum behind the blow is such that it allows the blade to continue completely through the Giant's skull, all the way to the Giant's right ear, cutting the Giant's head in two, like a ripe melon!

GM:
Hill Giant #14 had already taken 76 pts. of damage.
Dewydd's first attack inflicts 53 pts. of damage.
Hill Giant #14 [-27, Dead]


Prince Kraven snarls at Dewydd's comment, saying (In Common): "My uncle's allegiance? The partnerships with the Drow and the Pomarj were both MY IDEA, you pathetic piece of cow dung! Your head shall soon adorn my trophy wall!"

As Kraven is saying this, Dewydd locks his gaze, and cuts the dead Giant twice more before his body can hit the ground, removing the Giant's left leg at the knee, and his right hand at the wrist. A furious, bloody fervor seems to be upon Dewydd!

Prince Kraven, however, is undeterred; it seems that he and Dewydd are cut from the same cloth, both prisoners of their anger!



Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9f.png


Tam-Tam: It's Your Turn! You're Still Invisible! What do you do?





[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Injured (17)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg
[/sblock]
 

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam-Tam is astounded by the fury of Dewydd's attack on the bullying Hill Giant (#14); but not so much so that it keeps him from going into action. Tam does a quick boost/jump to land on the lip of the fire pit, and follows the southern line of it to come around to the east side of the cooking Dire Bear in order to get a bead on the Giant who calls himself Prince Kraven.

Tam then takes his two shots, making called shots for Kraven's face/head.

OOC:
First shot: 19
Second shot: 15

If they both hit:

First shot: 6 hps Base
Second shot: 5 hps Base


GM:
Tam, called shots are not part of the Core Rules System. However, I have nothing against allowing a called shot, at a penalty to the attack roll, that results in extra damage dice being inflicted. That being said, there are no extra effects or conditions inflicted by the called shots; the only bonus for hitting a called shot is the extra damage dice. You are the first person (so far) to request consideration for a called shot.

The post that provides details for called shots is HERE.

Tam's Base Attack: +12/+7
Inspire Courage: +2
Elven Arrows: +1
Tam is invisible; Prince Kraven is considered flat-footed.
Kraven has no Dex bonus, so his AC flat-footed is the same as his normal AC.
First Shot: 19+15 = 34 (-10 for called shot) = 24 (Miss)
Second Shot: 15+10 = 25 (-10 for called shot) = 15 (Miss)

DM NOTE: Earlier I posted that Tam's first shot hit, but that was assuming that he had Haste, and I forgot that he was not in range when the spell was originally cast.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Use the Force, Tam! Let go, Tam! Tam... trust me.

Tam almost starts to overthink his shots, trying to get fancy, almost forgetting the cardinal rule of archery: The arrows will place themselves. Don't aim for the bulls-eye, aim for the target.

But suddenly, a wave of calm overtakes him, and he releases the arrows towards his target, without trying to constrict their flight. The arrows fly true, striking in different places, but having a far greater effect, once all was said and done.

GM: DM NOTE: Your arrows would have hit without the called shots, and they carry the advantage of Sneak Attack, since you are invisible. You are very new to this game, so I am giving you the benefit of the doubt; I doubt you would have opted to perform a called shot, had you known the penalty.

Therefore, I am allowing you to simply hit twice, with two normal attacks. Next time, please consider that trying to hit the head is a huge penalty, for a measly two extra damage dice; unless you've got an amazing BAB, it's just not worth it most of the time.

Arrow #1: Base Damage: 2d4+1 (1d4+1, plus 1d4 Holy): 6 pts.
Arrow #2: Base Damage: 2d4+1 (1d4+1, plus 1d4 Holy): 5 pts.
Sneak Attack Damage (Arrow #1) [3d6]: 14 pts.
Sneak Attack Damage (Arrow #2) [3d6]: 15 pts.

Total Damage: 40 pts.


Caught unawares by the two, small arrows, which seem to come out of thin air, Prince Kraven gives a loud wail of agony, as one arrow lodges in his left armpit, and another thuds into the top of his left thigh! The Elven Arrows burn with Holy power, further aggravating the wounds!

Tam-Tam smiles, a grim satisfaction settling upon him. But no one can see the grin, for he is one with the nothingness, invisible, unseen, like an avenging wraith.

Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9g.png


Lathir: It's your turn! What do you do?





[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (57)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir/Pamarj Orc Shaman looks over at Thallok and says, still speaking Orish,
"hadhan yataman. nahn bihajat 'iilana makan akhar."

[sblock=Common]"These two are done. We are needed elsewhere."[/sblock]
With that Lathir turns back the way he had approached and quickly moves to find his friends who had departed the room.
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
The rush of adrenaline caused by the severity of the Giant's attack makes it difficult for Sylvar to think clearly...his body is in full fight or flight mode. His instincts are telling him to cast Glitterdust and make a run for it. He's only known these people for a short time and look at the mess he's in...but he has befriended them...well, most of them...Sylvar, won't leave without an attempt at revenge, he pulls out his bow and fires two arrows at the Prince. Then he will retreat to the corner of the hallway and continue singing.

OOC: Sylvar uses his haste action to fire arrows at the Prince and his normal action to retreat to Q23, he will continue singing. Rolls to hit d20+18 = 30 and d20+18= 20. First hit for 10 damage the second one misses.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Conflict Continues!

Lathir rushes to Respen’s aid!

GM: Pursuit move: x4 move rate. Max distance: 40 x 4 = 160. Distance covered: 120’, ending square: S21.


GM: SYLVAR: The way it actually works out is: Your standard action is your first shot, your haste action is your second shot, and then you get your move action. It’s the same result as what you said you wanted to do, I just wanted to clarify the particulars.


Sylvars sends two arrows to Prince Kraven, the first of which strikes him in the left arm, while the second one goes wide, missing him completely.

Prince Kraven snarls in anger at the retreating bard.

GM: Prince Kraven has taken a total of 67 points of damage.


Sylvar retreats into the eastern hallway, looking to put distance between himself and the titanic archer across the way.

GM: Sylvar moves to square Q23, where he joins the company of Lathir, Respen, and Nelvandra.


LATHIR & SYLVAR: You both see that at the end of this hallway, there is an open pair of double doors, which lead to an antechamber where the chief and his wife have fled! There is also another Dire Bear in the room with them! It looks as if they have managed to heal some of their wounds!

Priestess Vulka, with an angry look on her face, invokes the power of Lolth!

GM: Vulka casts Dispel Magic


[sblock=Area of Vulka’s Dispel Magic]
00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6aV1.png
[/sblock]

GM:
Area Dispel: All spell effects whose point of origin are within a 20’ radius.
DC for Vale’s spell (the spikes): 18
DC for Respen’s spell (grease): 21
Vulka’s Rolls: Vale = 18, Respen = 20
Vale’s spikes disappear. Respen’s grease remains.


Vulka's spell causes Vale's spiked area to disappear!

After casting her spell, Vulka moves to a more defensible position, on the other side of the room.

Nosnra says, "Bu yay nerede, canım? Ah, işte burada."

[sblock=If you speak Giant] "...Where is that bow of yours, my dear? Ah, there it is."[/sblock]

Nosnra moves to the other side of the room, and picks up Vulka's bow.

GM:
Move Action: Nosnra moves to other side of the room, and picks up the bow and quiver.
Free Action: Nosnra drops his Greatsword on Vulka's bed.
Move Action: Nosnra slings the quiver harness across his shoulder.


Current Positions of Combatants in the Great Hallway:

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b1.png



Duncan & Company: It's now your turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Someone Else Who's Coming Next Round: 21c
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Doing Things in Room #10: Elder Kurok, Elder Kragg

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Damionte

Explorer
:: Advance To The Rear ::

Duncan, Ebony, Travis & Leonard
:: Advance To The Rear ::

A double tap of his sword on his shield signals to the group to move out.
"At the quick step"
The foursome reformed their box formation and marched determinedly back out of the dinning hall and towards the sound of chaos coming form the east.


Battle 6F.jpg

[sblock=Meta Actions]

All 4 double moved to their new locations.
In case they are attacked by the archer. Both Ebony and Duncan can swat an arrow that would hit them down with their swords for free without a roll.
If a second arrow hits them they can roll Reflex vs DC 20+ the enchantment modifier on the attacking weapon, to deflect it with their shields.
Ebony Rolls: 14+10= 24
Duncan Rolls: 16+14= 30


Active Effects:
Ducan:
Bless Morale Bonus ( 7 Rounds +1 Attack +1 vs Fear ) ( Currently Over Written By Sylvar's +2 Bard Song )
Aura Of Courage (10 Feet): +4 Morale Save vs Fear
Marshal Auras ( Circumstance Bonuses Ongoing )
Within 60 Feet of Duncan: +1 Attack, +4 Will Saves
Ebony:
Within 60 Feet of Ebony: +1 Armor Class, +3 Reflex Saves

Shield Users adjacent to either Duncan or Ebony receive an additional +2 Shield Bonus to AC and +1 Shield Bonus to Reflex Saves due to the shield wall effect.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Blocks - Current Bonuses Applied]
Duncan: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 51 / 51
Fort: 13, Ref: 14, Will: 15
AC: 23, Touch: 12, Flat: 19
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11, Sense Motive: 17
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 14

Ebony: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 34 / 34
Fort: 6, Ref: 10, Will: 11
AC: 23, Touch: 12, Flat: 19
Passive Spot: 10, Listen: 10, Sense Motive: 13
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 15


Travis: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 7, Will: 7
AC: 21, Touch: 13, Flat: 19
Masterwork Broad Sword + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Broad Sword +11; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 12

Leonard: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 7, Will: 6
AC: 21, Touch: 13, Flat: 19
Masterwork Battle Axe + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Battle Axe +11; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 11
[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Poof! But the joke's on them!

As Duncan and Company make their moves, the party can hear excited yapping, yipping, and growling, coming from the Western hallway, near the kitchen!

Cries of pain, both from wounded Wolves, and from wounded Orcs, can be heard! There is a FIERCE battle going on!

Elder Kurok whispers something to Elder Kragg; Elder Kragg smiles wickedly, as he launches a javelin at Thallok!

GM:
Elder Kurok uses his move action to whisper something to his brother, as he places his free hand on his shoulder.
Elder Kurok readies his standard action; he will activate his ring when Kragg throws the javelin.
Range to Thallok: 50 ft.
The Lightning bolt will strike the wall after traveling 55 ft., and since that wall is a load-bearing, stone wall, the bolt will not do enough damage to carry through. Therefore, only Thallok is affected by the bolt.


00-Path-Of-Javelin-001.png


Thallok's SR = 12; Javelin CL = 5; CL Check: (7) Fails. The bolt does not penetrate Thallok's spell resistance.


Elder Kragg laughs as he launches the javelin at Thallok; his brother, who is still gripping Kragg's shoulder, speaks a command word, and the two Giants disappear into thin air!

[sblock=If you speak Draconic] "Doorway!"[/sblock]

However, it is Thallok who has the last laugh; his Infernal heritage saves him from the effects of the spell, absorbing the energy, and dissipating it, like water off of a duck's back.


[sblock=For Sylvar, Lathir, Respen, Nelvandra, Kleborn, and Vale's eyes ONLY!]

The Two Stone Giant Elders suddenly appear in the room, out of thin air, and they seem surprised to find the doors to their room of respite wide open, surrounded by more party members, and facing a threshold that is covered in grease!

Elder Kragg: "Lanet olası kapıyı kilitlemedin mi?"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"You didn't lock the damned door?!?"[/sblock]

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b2.png


[/sblock]


Thallok: The two Stone Giant Elders are gone! The mud remains in the room, and where they were standing, lie the other 3 javelins. You were completely unaffected by the Lightning Bolt. What do you want to do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Someone Else Who's Coming Next Round: 21c
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a Not visible
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b Not visible
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (9,10,12,13,14,15,18,19,20, and 21): 16d
Someone Mysterious: 16e
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commanders (2,3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Injured (46) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs Not visible
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 =Grievously Wounded (91) [Surrendered]
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-8) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Significantly Injured (15) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H21 =Lightly Wounded (27) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top