HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The True Power of Vulka!

Sylvar lets 3 arrows fly, all of which thud promptly into the Giantess Maid's back! Two of the arrows barely stick, but the third lodges deeply into the muscles of her lower back, causing her to bellow in pain!

GM: Snoggrella has taken a total of 48 pts. of damage.


In her private chamber, Vulka snarls in disgust; she had been about to cast another healing spell, but to her frustration, a summoned Earth Elemental appeared in the room, and mauled her beloved pet bear, Tim!

Vulka says, "Pislik pisliği!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Die, stupid clump of dirt!"[/sblock]

GM:
Vulka takes a 1 square adjustment; Vulka calls 10 pts. of power attack. (2H Wpn: +20 Damage)
Attack #1:[29]; Hit. Damage: 50 pts. (-5 DR) 45 pts.
Attack #2:[22]; Hit. Damage: 56 pts. (-5 DR) 51 pts.
Attack #3:[15]; Miss.
The Earth Elemental has taken a total of 96 pts. of damage. The elemental is destroyed!


Vulka shows just how impressive Cloud Giants can be, when they decide to put their full power behind a blow; although the elemental is 16 feet tall, and weighs 6,000 pounds, Vulka is yet 2 feet taller than it is, albeit only 4,500 lbs.; but it matters not.

The first hit from her unbelievably massive morning star caves in the elemental's chest, causing it to wobble and shake; the riposte shatters the elemental into a thousand, tiny shards of clay, utterly destroying it. Lastly, she slams the ground where the elemental was, just to drive home her point.

Nosnra makes his way across the room, and takes aim at Vale with his wife's massive, 2-stringed longbow.

Nosnra says, "Ölme zamanı, piç kurusu!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Time to die, pipsqueak!"[/sblock]


GM:
Vale AC: 15
+2 Haste
+4 Giants
Total AC: 21
Nosnra's attack roll: (22) Hit; Damage: 16 pts.
Vale has now taken a total of 25 pts. damage.


Nosnra's arrow narrowly misses Vale's left eye, going high instead, denting his helmet, before skipping off the top of it. The effect is like being inside a church bell as it is rung; the massive vibration gives Vale an instant headache!



00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b2.png



Duncan and Company! It is now your turn! Two Giantesses are in front of you, prone, in a huge puddle of Grease! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [25 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (48)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dying (-9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)

Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): 34 (Out of a max of 40; have not checked retrieval yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Damionte

Explorer
The Dice Have Failed Me !!

Duncan, Ebony, Travis & Leonard
:: Disrupting The Flow ::

The groups organised movement is disrupted by the arrival of the double footed dwarf. But they move forward to engage the slipping giants anyway. Ebony moves up first, taking a shielded over-watch position to cover the movements of the others. Despite being flat on their backs the giants great reach was still a danger. So she kept a careful watch for the giants lashing out as the others approached.

For their part the men all engaged the giants, taking a cautious defensive approach. Despite the disruptive presence of the dwarf in their formation they did their best to maintain their shield wall, despite the bulge in it.

New Fight 1.png

[sblock=Meta Actions]

Ebony moved up to L24, Dropped two points into Combat Expertise, and has a readied attack action in case somethign gets in melee range of her. Attack Roll (15)+12=27 Damage 1d8+6 (8)+6= 14.
She changed her aura from giving a +3 bonus to reflex saves, to giving a +3 bonus to AC vs Attacks Of Opportunity

The others used her positioning to cover their movements in events to avoid potential attacks of opportunity.

Duncan moved to M25, Dropping 2 points into Combat Expertise and attacks the prone giantess.
Attack Roll (7)+15=22 Damage 1d8+7 (3)+7= 10

Travis moved to M23 Dropping 1 points into Combat Expertise and attacks the prone giantess.
Attack Roll (1)+10=11 Nat 1. Damage 1d8+4 (2)+6= 8

Lenny moved to M22 Dropping 1 points into Combat Expertise and attacks the prone giantess.
Attack Roll (7)+10=17. Damage 2d4+4 (5)+6= 11

In case they are attacked by the archer. Both Ebony and Duncan can swat an arrow that would hit them down with their swords for free without a roll.
If a second arrow hits them they can roll Reflex vs DC 20+ the enchantment modifier on the attacking weapon, to deflect it with their shields.
Ebony Rolls: 14+10= 24
Duncan Rolls: 16+14= 30


Active Effects:
Ducan:
Bless Morale Bonus ( 7 Rounds +1 Attack +1 vs Fear ) ( Currently Over Written By Sylvar's +2 Bard Song )
Aura Of Courage (10 Feet): +4 Morale Save vs Fear
Marshal Auras ( Circumstance Bonuses Ongoing )
Within 60 Feet of Duncan: +1 Attack, +4 Will Saves
Ebony:
Within 60 Feet of Ebony: +1 Armor Class, +3 AC vs Attacks Of Opportunity

Shield Users adjacent to either Duncan or Ebony receive an additional +2 Shield Bonus to AC and +1 Shield Bonus to Reflex Saves due to the shield wall effect.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Blocks - Current Bonuses Applied]
Duncan: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 51 / 51
Fort: 13, Ref: 11, Will: 15
AC: 23(25), Touch: 12(14), Flat: 19(21)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11, Sense Motive: 17
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 14

Ebony: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 34 / 34
Fort: 6, Ref: 7, Will: 11
AC: 23(25), Touch: 12(14), Flat: 19(21)
Passive Spot: 10, Listen: 10, Sense Motive: 13
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 15


Travis: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 4, Will: 7
AC: 21(23), Touch: 13(15), Flat: 19(21)
Masterwork Broad Sword + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Broad Sword +11; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 12

Leonard: ( Shield Wall NOT Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 3, Will: 6
AC: 20(22), Touch: 12(14), Flat: 18(20)
Masterwork Battle Axe + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Battle Axe +11; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 11
[/sblock]

GM: You might want to retroactively make adjustments to your characters' actions, based on the following ruling that I have made. (Click Here To View)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Duncan and Travis both take stabs at Snoggrella, but only Duncan's blow proves effective; Travis' broadsword glances off of the Giantess' thick skull, having failed to inflict any true harm.

Lenny chops at the second Giantess with his battle axe, and manages to give her a nasty scrape on her left arm, which she had raised to shield the intended target of the blow (her face!)

GM:
Both Giantess Maids have a base AC of 17.
Both are prone (AC 13.)
Duncan's Attack: (22) Hits; Damage = 10 pts.
Snoggrella (M#1) has taken a total of 58 pts. of damage.
Travis' attack: (Nat 1) Miss
Lenny's Attack: (17); Hits; Damage = 11 pts.
Greenmuggellen (M#2) has taken a total of 11 pts. of damage.


In the kitchen, more snarls and yips and barks are heard, as the Dire Wolves continue to maul the remaining Orc servants!

Elder Kurok steps in front of his brother, releasing the Javelin of Lightning with a left-handed throw, aimed directly at Vale!

GM: Lightning Bolt begins at R3, and goes all the way to the far wall, striking Sylvar as well. It also finishes off the bear.


00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b4.png

GM: VALE & SYLVAR: Make a Reflex save, DC 14. Full Damage = 12 pts. Half damage = 6 pts. Post the results of your saving throws in LINE chat.


Elder Kragg fishes a large rock out of his bag, and throws it at Kleborn!

GM:
Kleborn AC: 25
Haste +2
Partial Cover From Open Door +2
Expertise +5
TOTAL AC: 34
Attack Roll: (29) Miss


Kragg's rock flies straight at Kleborn, but the seasoned warrior deflects it harmlessly with his shield!


THALLOK: It's Your Turn! What do you do?


[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [25 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Injured (11)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)

Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): 34 (Out of a max of 40; have not checked retrieval yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok can see the elder Giant in the room at the end of the hallway. Before these other giants burst onto the scene he was going to go seek his revenge, but now he must tend to other matters. He shouts down the hallway "Don't go anywhere my giant friend, I will deal with you momentarily" Thallok moves up ahead of Sylvar and prepares to attack the second maid.

OOC: He moves to P23


He then makes his attack

OOC:
First attack =32
Haste attack= 24
damage from first attack=12
damage from second attack=9
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
DM HOUSEKEEPING SUPPLEMENTAL POST

OOC: RESOLUTION OF SPELL CRITICAL / MISCELLANEOUS DM HOUSEKEEPING POST


[sblock=For people who keep asking me what their bonuses are from Inter-Faith Blessing]
Deity WorshipedBlessing Received
[1] Bahamut, St. Cuthbert, Odin, Marek, or Yondalla+1 on Attack Rolls and Saves
[2] Boccob, Corellon Larethian, Vecna, or Wee Jas+1 on Attack Rolls and Skill Checks
[3] Ehlonna, Obad-Hai, Meilikki, Uller, or worship of nature+1 on Attack Rolls and to Armor Class
[4] Erythnul, Gruumsh, or Lolth+2 on Damage Rolls
[5] Fharlaghn, Moradin, or Pelor+2 to AC
[6] Garl Glittergold, Rudd, Olidammara, or no deityRoll 1d8 to determine blessing;
A result of 6 = player's choice
[7] Heironeous, Hextor, Nerull, or Trithereon+2 on Attack Rolls
[8] Kord, Thor, Kurtulmak, or Tiamat+1 on Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls
[/sblock]


GM:
Sylvar's Save: (18) Success; 6 pts. of damage.
Vale's Save: (Nat 1) Spell Critical; 30 pts. of damage, plus possible item damage.

Items Affected:
1. Magic Axe (no damage)
2. Magic Mace (no damage)
3. Magic Pouch (6 pts. damage of 15 total hp.) Still functional, but will need repair eventually.
4. Magic Belt (6 pts. damage of 15 total hp.) Still functional, but will need repair eventually.








[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [33 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g

Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Vale: 10 [55 Damage; Gravely Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Injured (11)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)

Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): 34 (Out of a max of 40; have not checked retrieval yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Thallok's Inspiring Actions!

OOC: DM NOTE: Thallok, I am about to change the way your available Crusader maneuvers work, to make it easier on me. Stay tuned. In the meantime, as we discussed over lunch, this round Thallok will use Martial Spirit, and Revitalizing Strike.


GM:
Swift Action: Activate Martial Spirit stance.
Move Action: Move to square P23; your opponents are Off-Balance, and do not get AoOs against you.
Standard Action: Revitalizing Strike against Maid #2 (Hit; Damage = 12 pts. Sylvar is healed for 3d6+7+2: 23 pts.)
Haste Action: Attack Maid #2 (Hit; Damage = 9 pts. Sylvar is healed for 2 pts.)
Maid #2 has taken a total of 32 points of damage so far.
Sylvar is healed for a total of 25 pts. this round.


As Thallok arrives on the scene, and begins to savagely attack the enemy, a warm wave of inspiration washes over Sylvar, and he instantly feels refreshed, and his gums begin to tingle, as his lost teeth begin to grow back into place!

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b5.png

Hill Giant #18 stands as part of a move action, and moves into the Eastern hallway, near Duncan and his group. He does not get too close; when he feels safe, he lies down again, flat on his stomach, his fingers knitted together behind his head, his eyes closed tight, trying to present as small a target as possible to his cruel Prince.

GM:
Range to H#18 from Kraven: 145 ft. (-2 to hit)
Hill Giant is prone (+4 AC)
Hill Giant Base AC: 17
Total AC vs. Kraven, including range penalty: AC 23


Hill Giant #9 gets a 20 ft. running start, and leaps from his table, hoping to land on the lip of the fire pit.

GM:
Distance to be covered: 20 ft.
Running start of 20 ft. = DC 20
Jump Skill: +7
Run Feat: +4 to roll. 19+11 = (30) = Success!


The scared Giant is grateful that he spent his formative years as the clan's courier; his running skills serve him well, and allow him to catch considerable hang time!

When he lands, he immediately lies as flat as he can, on his stomach, using the wall of the fire pit, and the dying Giant in front of him as cover from Kraven's arrows.

GM:
Hill Giant #9 now has complete cover, and cannot be targeted by Kraven.


Hill Giant #12 continues to bleed out.

Hill Giants #10 and #13, seeing that they have the room to do so now, lay flat on top of their respective tables, keeping their heads down, saying nothing. They have seen the fate of those who rallied, and they want no part of it.

GM:
Both Giants are in short bow range (no penalty);
Base AC (armored): 23
Prone: +4
Total AC: 27



00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9k1.png


Hill Giant #19 bleeds out and dies.
Hill Giant #21 attacks someone, attempting to smash their skull with his bare fists!

GM:
Attack #1: 20 (Miss)
Attack #2: 28 (Hit); Damage = 9 pts.


One of the Giant's wild swings connects, but it is not as effective as he would have liked; he will never get the chance to try again.

His opponent retaliates savagely, drawing a blood-gurgling scream from him as he savagely rips him apart!

GM:
Attack #1: (18) Hit; Damage: 24 pts.
Attack #2: (19) Hit; Damage: 21 pts. Hill Giant #21 dies. (-19)
Attack #3: (25) Hit; Damage: 15 pts.
Attack #4: (29) Hit; Damage: 17 pts. Ogre #5 goes down! (-3)
Attack #5: (19) Hit; Damage: 20 pts. Ogre #5 dies! (-23)
Attack #6: (23) Hit; Damage: 26 pts. Ogre #2 has taken a total of 34 pts. of damage, plus 9 pts. non-lethal damage.


Before Ogre #5 can react, the mysterious someone rips him apart also, literally tearing his limbs from his body! The Ogre's scream echoes throughout the entry hall, as the last gasp of air leaves his lungs!

Lastly, the mysterious someone turns his remaining fury on the Sous Chef! The unlucky cook gets slammed in the face, losing several teeth, unknowingly coming into a semi-kinship with Sylvar!

KLEBORN! It's your turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25 [9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

Someone Mysterious: 16h

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Vale: 10 [55 Damage; Gravely Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Severely Wounded / Bloodied (90) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Significantly Injured (32)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Moderately Wounded (34) + (9 Non-Lethal = 43 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-8)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn quickly moves to the other side of vale all the way to the wall, he pushes the door open, and proceeds in the room and dances his way to Nosnra. As he is in the room he notices Vulka standing on the other side, smiles and gives a slight bow. He then attacks Nosnra, and as quickly as he enters the room, he makes his exit going back to the hallway to where he was standing next to Vale.

OOC: I am calling 4 points of expertise.
first attack=33 (one shy of critical)
second attack=33
damage from first=15
damage from second=15
I am seriously at a loss at how I got the exact same rolls with both attack and damage. LOL
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kleborn's Surgical Strike!

Kleborn darts into the room, hoping to catch Nosnra off-guard!

[sblock=Kleborn's route for Spring Attack]
00-A-Short-Path-For-Kleborn-001.png
[/sblock]

GM:
Kleborn's Base Move: 30 ft.
With Haste Bonus: 60 ft.
Kleborn's base Jump Skill: +14
Jumping Skill Bonus: +12
Total Jumping Skill: +26 (minimum result: 27)
(This is being noted for future reference)
Distance to attack range vs. Nosnra: 20 ft. (Orange Square)
Door is in the way, costs 5 ft. movement to close. Can be closed as part of the move action.
Total Distance Covered: 25 ft.
Total Distance Both Ways For Spring Attack: 50 ft.
Kleborn does not provoke an Attack of Opportunity from Nosnra, because Nosnra is using a bow.

Kleborn uses Spring Attack to take two swipes at Nosnra.
Kleborn scores two hits; total damage = 30 pts.
Nosnra has taken a total of 105 pts. of damage.


Kleborn cuts Nosnra twice, before sliding back out of range! Both cuts are surgical, and leave nasty, bleeding wounds!

Hill Giant #3 (The Last Commander) fishes a potion out of his bag, and drinks it!
He then speeds off toward the South, moving unnaturally fast!

GM:
Move Action: Retrieve potion from bag.
Standard Action: Drink potion.
Normal Move Rate: 30'; Move cut in half (15') by spikes; Move enhanced to 45' by potion bonus.
Haste Action: Move 45 feet South.



00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L10a.png



VALE: It's Your Turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25 [9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

Someone Mysterious: 16h

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Vale: 10 [55 Damage; Gravely Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Severely Wounded / Bloodied (90) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Significantly Injured (32)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Moderately Wounded (34) + (9 Non-Lethal = 43 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (105) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-8)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Vale - Lighting Up His Life...aka Rolling One (1) the Hard Way

~ Axe...Copperbeard…if…you…plan…to…help…now…is…the…time. ~

Vale stands tall, at least insomuch as he can, given he has been effectively electrocuted. Steam rises from his chainmail shirt, the moisture from the deluge outside drying up from the lightning bolt.
The axe is lightly scorched, but no permanent damage. His belt and pouch are significantly burned. Nearly perfectly dried out, the remainder of his visage is chapped and ruddy. His explorer garments under his armor, flash dried by the lightning bolt as well, chafe his crotch. His left foot is completely numb. He didn’t know if it was from the gout or the lightning, but it feels as if a horse stepped on it.

He grimaces, mouth dry and lips cracking. He sneezes loudly as his heart resets from lightning-induced arrhythmia, throwing his face forward, blood streaming from his eyes. As he raises his head, he realizes two things: that every joint in his body is screaming dissent to his even being upright and mobile, and that he smells burnt hair. Stroking his normally perfectly groomed beard, he realizes with horror that his beard is a patchwork of burned stubble, and his sideburns really are. "ACK!" He coughs a deep, productive snot-rocket. Spitting toward the dead bear's head, he reaches up to wipe his face and for a moment and freezes. He twitches his face, grimaces, and sniffs the air.

His left eyebrow is missing...burned to nothing. ~ The bastards took me eyebrow. My eyebrow! What kind of ass-hat attacks an...eyebrow? ~

He speaks out loud to nobody in particular, but in awkward, emotional, purely dwarven disgust. "My eye...hair...is...burned? Hurrumph!!! "

"You bastards. NOW, I kill you."

Vale trades axe for his elven composite longbow and attacks Nosnra, firing two (2) shots and moving back behind Kleborn eastward 40-50' along the southern wall of the trophy room.

OOC: Two arrows #1d20+15 = 24; #1d20+15 = 24; If they are hits, then 10 and 12 damage.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vale Makes Nosnra PAY!

Just before Vale takes action, the axe, who can sense the thoughts of its bonded master, sees what Vale intends to do. Just before Vale can put the axe down in order to switch to the longbow, the axe activates one of its powers, healing him slightly.

GM: Vale is healed for 6 pts.


Valoran screeches, in Common, "Make yer shot, then pick me up again, you uppity child! Ye needs more healing than that!"

Vale shoots Nosnra twice, the first arrow thunking into his left shoulder, the second plunging deeply into his abdomen! The Giant Chief bellows in pain!

GM:
DM NOTE: You figured the damage wrong; you shorted yourself by 2 pts.
First Arrow: 11 pts.
Second Arrow: 13 pts.
Nosnra has taken a total of 129 pts. of damage. Nosnra is in really bad shape!


GM:
Movement changed as per our phone conversation this morning.
Free Action: Drop the axe.
Move Action: Draw your bow.
Standard Action: Fire one arrow.
Haste Action: Fire second arrow.
Free Action: Take a 1-square adjustment NNE above Kleborn.
(Your axe is still within reach. It is in Square #R6.)
(Next round, you can retain the bow in one hand, and pick up the axe with the other, as long as you don't intend to attack with either one.)


After firing the two shots, Vale steps back behind Kleborn, intent on picking the axe up again.

Somewhere nearby, the Sous Chef continues to rage! He swipes twice at someone, and one of the swings connects! Someone mysterious takes a nasty wound!

GM: Someone Mysterious takes 18 pts. of damage from a cleaver slash; they have taken a total of 108 pts. damage so far.


In the kitchen, the remaining Orc Servants fight for their lives! Wolves howl and yip! Orcs scream battlecries! The ring of steel is heard!

Snoggrella attempts to stand and succeeds! She possibly provokes an Attack of Opportunity from Thallok, Duncan, Koralynn, and Travis!

Greenmuggella attempts to stand and succeeds! She possibly provokes an Attack of Opportunity from Thallok, Koralynn, Travis, and Lenny!



00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7b.png



GM:
The remaining Hill Giant Guards will be resolved once everyone has rolled their Attack of Opportunity against each of the maids.




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25 [9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

Someone Mysterious: 16h

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [49 Damage; Seriously Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Severely Wounded / Bloodied (108) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Significantly Injured (32)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Moderately Wounded (34) + (9 Non-Lethal = 43 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Gravely Wounded (129) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-8)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top