HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Seeing Dewyyd stalk out of the room Sylvar mutters...What an oaf, rushing off to die. Nevertheless Sylvar rushes in behind Dewydd, sword drawn....as he walks down the hallway Sylvar activates his cloak of Major Displacement.

Last edited:

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Vale Moves In Behind Dewydd, Lathir, and Sylvar

~ Val, the mercenary is foolhardy and in a hurry to die. Lest death catch up with him, we need to move up. ~

Vale moves quickly, or rather, as quickly as a dwarf shall let him. Having entered the courtyard behind the others, as Sylvar, Tam, and Respen investigate the outbuilding, Vale moves toward the double doors in the southeastern end of the courtyard and enters behind Dewydd, with Lathir and Sylvar. Whispering to the Axe as he moves across the courtyard, "Val, we are among giant-kin. Use ye powers to tell us what's here, and keep them looking about so we may know what lies ahead and behind. If I place my hand on another, can your information impart from you to me to another?" He puts his hand on Dewydd's arm, following him up the corridor, and taking in what the Axe can see with its dark-vision, blind-sense, and hearing. " Before the bloodlust gets the better of you, Dewydd, let the axe tell us where they are. Would be nice to know, eh? "

OOC: NOTE: Axe has these three (3) abilities to 120'; DM should consider the powers activated the entire time in the fort unless the Axe chooses to turn them off. 2nd NOTE: Vale is talking as Dewydd is moving across the courtyard to the double doors and puts his hand on Dewydd's arm at the door. Please consider simultaneous action as Dewydd nor Lathir's spells should not lose more than a round more pausing for just a moment for Val the Axe to respond.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen Moves Out of Outbuildings Into The Fort

~ We can come back to this. ~

"Tam, they are moving into the main fort! Come quickly, we can come back to this."

Respen abandons his attempt with Tam to investigate the chests and moves quickly out into the courtyard and into the fort proper behind the others. His elven scout training takes over, taking in every part of the structure. He stands with Lathir at the ready.

OOC: Waiting for Dewydd's action

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam quickly follows Respen, disappointed in the lack of challenge to his skills in checking out and opening the chests, and disappointed also in the pitiful contents within.

"But,", he thinks to himself,"what should one expect from Ogres and Giants when they put old, moldering suits of armor in chests and treasures in a sack>"

Even for an Elf, Respen's strides are hard to keep up with for Tam; but, he manages to stay on his heels.

Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Pausing for a moment, Dewydd looks to Vale with urgency in his eyes. "Speak quickly - others are suffering. If needs be I will keep the fiends busy while you all find the drow.
If the enemy are on the other side of the door, it will make a fine chokepoint. None will pass me while I live. If someone can enlarge me, it will aid in stopping the enemy."

I buff myself with one last spell. My appearance is suddenly more refreshed and revitalized. My blade looks like it has just been sharpened and my armor polished.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar rushes over to Tam and puts a hand on him...Tam, I'm going to make you invisible...go about freely and cause mayhem...with this spell you may attack and you will not be seen...

OOC: Sylvar's accent changes so that seen and been rhyme (Think Irish)

Fear the unseen
Mischief and Mayhem are your domain
Eris looks proudly
Chaos left where you have been

Sylvar resumes his position slightly behind and to the right of Dewyyd sword in his dominant hand, wand of hold person in the other. He will hold position as Dewyyd advances.

Last edited by a moderator:

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn: Kleborn goes and stand with Dewydd with his sword drawn. "I am with you mate." He then turns his attention to the axe to see what it has to say.

Thallok: "I'm interested in hearing what that axe of yours has to say Vale. It has not led us astray yet."

Waynan

Adventurer
Sylvar said:
...Sylvar rushes over to Tam and puts a hand on him...Tam, I'm going to make you invisible...go about freely and cause mayhem...with this spell you may attack and you will not be seen...

Tam, realizing the possibilities, thanks Sylvar and immediately moves on toward the door behind him (#4). Suspecting the possibilities of reinforcements, Tam checks the door to see if it opens in or out so he can determine how to jam it shut to stall reinforcements as much as possible.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Supplemental Info on the Inside of the Giant Fort (PART ONE)

While inside the fort, the characters all notice the following:

GM:
All outer walls are of logs, which are at least 3 ft. in diameter. Inner walls, dividing rooms, and the like are about 2 ft. thick, and doors are great, iron-bound, log affairs of 1 ft. thickness, single doors being approximately 6' wide and 10' high. All inside floors are of stone. Ceiling height varies from about 18 ft. at the edges, 24 ft. in most hallways, to 36 ft. at the center, and there are great, blackened rafters above which hold up the roof.

GM:
Being a "log cabin" fort, the "stone floors" are actually cobblestone, not paved stone; that is, flat stones of various sizes, ranging from small to medium, which are held together by a crude, mud-based mortar, like so:

Cobblestone Example 001.png

While the characters are moving into position, Nel retrieves a scroll from her backpack, and hands it to Respen, saying, "I have 5 scrolls tucked away for a rainy day. Two are offensive, and three are defensive. This is one of the offensive ones. It's a powerful Fireball spell, well beyond my skill to cast. I'm hoping it's not beyond yours."

GM:
Scroll: Delayed Blast Fireball, caster level: 13. Damage: 13d6. To cast: Caster Level Check, DC 14.

Vale's axe communicates the following to him, as people are moving into position: ~There are MANY foes nearby! They all seem to be in the room up ahead, where the screams and laughter are coming from. There are more than 30 of them; I'm sensing mostly Ogres and Giants, but there at least two Demihumans as well. They're probably the ones doing the screaming; Giant-kin are fond of Demihuman flesh. Ye'd best hurry lad, lives are at stake!~

GM:

END OF PART ONE. PART TWO COMING SOON.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar casts Haste on everyone within range.

GM:
Remember, folks, we're using the OTTER version of Haste, which can be found HERE.

GM:
At 11th level, Haste gives the following bonuses:

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding;

Jumping distance for affected creatures is calculated, then multiplied by 1.25 (round down.)

Affected creatures have a +30 ft. increase to their movement speed.

Affected creatures receive a Dodge Bonus of +2 to Reflex Saving Throws, and a Dodge Bonus of +2 to AC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads