HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Diarmadhim

Explorer
I charge south, seeking to cutoff Kraven's flanking maneuver. Slamming the door out of my way, I continue my charge straight to Kraven (N10) when I see my quarry. Whirling Frenzy having dropped, I throw caution to the wind and put all of my animosity behind my hastened attacks. As I leap at my prey, a wordless roar bellows forth from my lungs, "RRRRRAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!" After expending my fury, I notice the dragon in the room for the first time. "Dragon at the gate!" I exclaim, before I quickly surmise that the enemy of my enemy is hopefully my friend. Either that, or I'm wyrm food.

OOC: Attack 1: 33 to hit. 63 damage.
Attack 2: 25 to hit. 44 damage.
Attack 3: 34 to hit. 47 damage.
So if all three attacks hit I'll be doing 154 damage.

Inspire Courage (lasts for 5 rounds after last hearing the bard), Charge, Power Attack, Powerful Charge, Shock Trooper (Heedless Charge), Leap Attack, Pounce, Punishing Stance, Battle Leader's Charge, & Interfaith Blessing. My AC is 24 for this round... Ooh boy...

[sblock=Meta Junk]
To Hit:
+10/+5 BAB.
+2 ST (+12/+7).
+1 Magic Weapon (+13/+8).
+2 Haste (+15/+15/+10).
+2 Interfaith Blessing (+17/+17/+12).
+2 Inspire Courage (+19/+19/+14).
+2 Charge (+21/+21/+16).
Attack 1: 12 + 21 = 33
Attack 2: 4 + 21 = 25
Attack 3: 18 + 16 = 34

Damage:
Attack 1:
2d6+4 Normally.
+10 Battle Leader's Charge.
+30 Power Attack W/ Leap Attack & Two-Handed Weapon.
+1d8 Powerful Charge as a Medium Creature.
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
+2 Inspire Courage.
Total = 3d6+1d8+46.

Attack 2 & 3:
2d6+4 Normally.
+30 Power Attack W/ Leap Attack & Two-Handed Weapon.
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
+2 Inspire Courage.
Total = 3d6+36 each.

AC:
10 Base.
+1 Dex Mod.
+8 Abjurant Armor Spell (4+Abjurant Champion Level of 4, Abjurant Armor [Su]).
+8 Shield Spell (4+Abjurant Champion Level of 4, Abjurant Armor [Su]).
+8 Natural Armor (Alter Self - Tren).
+2 Protection From Evil Spell (Deflect).
+2 Haste.
-1 Vulnerable Flaw.
-2 Charge.
-2 Punishing Stance.
-10 Shock Trooper.
Total = 24 AC.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Mr DM: How many swings does it take to get to the bloody center of a Kraven-pop?

Dewydd charges into the room, unleashing Hell upon Prince Kraven, calling upon just the right mix of arcane enhancements and combat techniques, to create the perfect storm of blades and fury!

Dewydd's first attack catches Kraven across the face, wiping the smirk off of his face, as the blade rips through the flesh of his cheeks, and knocks 8 of his teeth out! Blood spurts from the grievous wound!

The riposte penetrates the Drow-made chainmail that Kraven is wearing, allowing Dewydd to stab Kraven DEEPLY on his right side, the blade piercing Kraven's kidney, and ramming past that, into his lower intestines! Kraven goes down!

GM: These first two blows deal 107 pts. of damage to Kraven. He was already wounded (67 pts.) At this point, Kraven has taken a total of 174 pts. of damage, which puts him at -6 hit points.

Even as Kraven is in the process of collapsing, Dewydd moves with impossible speed, riposting once more, and slicing Kraven's throat as he falls; Dewydd catches the carotid artery just right, causing Kraven's life blood to cover the retired mercenary in warm, wet, gore!

GM: The last hit puts him at -53. Prince Kraven is dead!

00-The-Grand-Hallway-Base-Map-01d.png

GM: +1,000 XP to Dewydd, for a spectacular display of raw power, which resulted in the death of one of the party's most dangerous adversaries!

In the Eastern Hallway, Koralynn gets a determined look on her face.

She looks at the bleeding Snoggrella and says, in the Dwarven tongue, "Dies ist, um meinen Bruder letzte Nacht in einen Kuchen zu stecken!"

[sblock=If you speak Dwarvish]"This is for putting my brother into a pie last night!"[/sblock]

Koralynn performs a Coup De Grace on the bleeding Giantess!

GM:
Automatic hit, automatic crit: 3d6+9: 16 pts. Damage.
No need for the saving throw, damage alone kills Snoggrella.
Snoggy is now at -24 [Dead]

Koralynn chops the side of Snoggrella's neck, allowing more blood to flow, and causing the Giantess to finish the process of dying much sooner than she would have! Like Dewydd, Koralynn gets sprayed with warm blood, although she doesn't seem to mind in the slightest.

GM: DM NOTE: As per our discussion yesterday, I am retroactively changing Kleborn's ending position to Square T6, because he had indicated that doing so was his intent when I was advising him on the kind of tactics he had available to him. Therefore, there would have been no need for Thallok to displace him during the charge. On the next map that I post, this change will be reflected.

Tam-Tam: It's Your Turn! You just saw Prince Kraven bite the dust! There's a Dragon in the room ahead! This is the last round for your Greater Invisibility! What do you do?

[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Respen: 25 [14 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Dying / Bleeding Out) (12,15): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

"Collin" The Gold Dragon: 16h

Kleborn: 15b [23 Damage]

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [45 Damage; Severely Wounded!]

Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6) [#6 is Bleeding Out]: 0 (DEAD LAST)

"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded / Bloodied (159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = GRAVELY Wounded (245) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-8)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-9)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-7)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: "Collin" The Gold Dragon, H3, H4, Dewydd

Dewydd's AC until his next turn: 24. (Heedless Charge)

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam-Tam almost stops in his tracks when he sees Dewydd's furious assault on Kraven, butchering him like a hog. But, then he sees what looks to be just a peek of a Hill Giant in decent armor. Maybe one of the commanders. This could be bad because he was close to Dewydd and wasn't sure if Dewydd saw this other giant. He had to act fast.

Tam takes a 20' running leap to gain more distance whilst only having time to grab one of his arrows; but giving the tip a kiss, breathing Yolanda's name, hoping for a blessing of skill and accuracy, as he comes to one knee as he strikes.

Roll: 28
Damage: 21

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tam rushes forward, taking a running jump, in an attempt to cover as much ground as possible, to get himself into position to take a shot at the Hill Giant Commander.

GM:
Move Action: 20’ move + Jump.
Jump check: 13 (jump distance: 10’);
Total distance covered: 30 feet.
Covering this distance drops the Giant’s cover bonus to AC, from +3, down to +2.
Standard Action: One bow shot (28): Hit
Damage inflicted (including Sneak Attack): 21 pts.

Tam’s jump goes exactly as planned, and he is able to take an immediate shot at the Giant, who (thanks to the fact that Tam is invisible) has no idea that the attack is coming.

Tam’s arrow penetrates the Giant’s banded mail, sticking him in his left flank, just above the kidney, scraping the bottom rib with the arrow’s barbed tip.

The Giant winces in agony, as he desperately looks around, trying to discern the source of the attack!

GM:
The Commander has now taken a total of 80 points of damage! He looks to be feeling the culmination of his numerous wounds!

Lathir: It’s your turn! You can see that this battle is at a point where it might be winnable! What do you do?

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Pleasantly surprised at the progression of events, Lathir turns from the fallen giantess to rush back toward where Vale had fallen. Hearing the voices of his friends and understanding there is a real chance for a true victory in this battle, he moves a quickly and as far as he can in order to summon another ally of nature into the room with Vulka.

OOC: Lathir will sacrifice repel vermin for Summon Nature's Ally IV.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Another Creature Joins The Fray!

Lathir rushes down the hallway, leaping into the air, in order to cover as much distance as possible, knowing that he must get within 50 feet of the room in order to place his spell in an optimal position!

GM:
Move Action: 40’ move + Jump.
Jump check: (1d20+7) = (18) (jump distance: 15’);
Total distance covered: 55 feet.

Lathir's extreme speed and skill serve him well; he covers an even greater distance than needed, placing him well within range of the spell that he intends to cast!

Lathir said:
OOC: Lathir will sacrifice repel vermin for Summon Nature's Ally IV.

Lathir points to the area directly behind Vulka; where there was nothing before, a Dire Ape suddenly appears! The creature obeys the command of its master, attacking immediately, with a raw, vengeful fury borne of a protector of nature! As it begins to attack, everyone notices that the Ape takes immediate notice of Sylvar's song, which serves not to calm the savage beast, but rather, to intensify his fervor!

GM:
Dire Ape Base Attack: +8/+8/+3
Inspire Courage [+2]: +10/+10/+5
Flanking with Thallok [+2]: +12/+12/+7
Attack Rolls: (19,17,14) = Miss, Miss, Miss; Sorry guys, just bad rolls. He had a decent chance to hit.

The Ape's fury is unmatched, his dedication admirable, but the big animal seems unable to penetrate the thick armor of the Giantess, who simply smiles wickedly at the Ape's ineffectiveness!

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7j.png

Sylvar: It's your turn! You have a bad feeling that Vulka is about to bring her full might to bear against one or more of your comrades! This may be the last chance you have to save them! Distance to Vulka: 90 ft. She has partial cover (+2 AC) from the door frame. What do you do?

Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Lathir: 19b1 [5 Damage]
Dire Ape: 19b2

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1

Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6) [#6 is Bleeding Out]: 0 (DEAD LAST)

"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded(159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = GRAVELY Wounded (245) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Severely Wounded (80) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-8)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-9)
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-7)
H17 =Dead
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

The Dungeon Master said:

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 9 (7 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar watches the event of the last few tenths of a second go by as if in slow motion and he senses that Thallok is in mortal danger. Vulka must die, the priestess must be killed. The intense danger of the moment captivates him. Sylvar retrieves three Elven arrows and holds them in his right hand, his bow he hold in his left. Raising his implements of war he cries out. ULLER!!! JEG HAR BARE TRE SJANSER. SETT OYNENE PA MEG FOR AT MITT MAL SKAL VAERE SANT, FOR AT JEG KAN OVERVINNE ONDSKAP FRA DENNE VERDEN HOR DIN KAMPANJKE I SIN TID FOR BEHOV

OOC: Translation: ULLER!!! I have only three chances. Rest your eyes upon me that my aim will be true, that I may vanquish evil from this world. Hear your champion in his time of need

With the blessing of Uller requested His vision narrows as he locks eyes on his target. She is partially covered by the door, Thallok is in the way and the distance is great. There's no way to call out to him in time. He must fire now.

Sylvar levels his bow and knocks his first arrow...he aims carefully, draws the bow string and fires.

OOC: First attack roll = 16, miss

His desire to miss Thallok causes him to aim high, Sylvar mutters under his breath Uller, vær så snill

OOC: Translation: Uller, Please

OOC: Second attack roll = 28, Damage = 15

His second arrow flies true, striking Vulka Takk, Uller, en annen

OOC: Translation: Thank you Uller, one more

OOC: Third attack roll = 18... miss

Sylvar's wounds take their toll and his legs wobble momentarily just as he looses his arrow causing it to fly high. As he watches the arrow crash into the wall his face drops, Uller jeg har sviktet deg
OOC: Uller, I have failed you

GM:
Normally, your second attack would have missed, because she had two points of cover from the door. However, you did something I've been waiting on you to do since the first time you shot Thallok in the Battle of Skorane; you called upon Uller.

When you call upon the Lord of Archery, your bow begins to glow with a bright, blue light. You have Uller's favor, and your arrows fly more true than before.

1] Uller's blessing negates the -4 penalty for firing into melee.
2] Uller's blessing gives you a +2 divine bonus to hit.
3] Uller's blessing gives you a +2 divine bonus to damage.

Thus, your total attacks are: 22, 34, 24. The first and third shots are still misses. (The first shot was a natural 1, which would have missed in any event.)

However, the second attack DID INDEED hit her! And your damage is 17, not 13, because you didn't add your Inspire Courage bonus to damage. All I see in the dice room is the arrow's base magical bonus of +1. And then there's the +2 from Uller. So it's +5, not +1. :)

I will resolve your post right now, but I won't update maps and meta-data until tomorrow morning. I want you to have the thrill of victory!

Vulka has taken a total of 262 pts. of damage. Vulka goes down!
Vulka [-11, Dead]

Sylvar gains +1,000 xp for killing Vulka!

When the second arrow hits, it looks as if it were not sufficient to kill the Giantess; she remains standing, wincing in pain, but standing nonetheless. Then a look of desperation crosses her face, as the holy power of the Elven Arrow, combined with the holy power of Uller's blessing, washes over her, bathing her in a cold, dim, blue light! Vulka screams in terror as her skin ruptures in many places, blue light pouring out of her wounds instead of blood! She collapses to the floor, instantly withering away to a pile of dust, her equipment clanking noisily to the ground!

Sylvar, who had almost accepted defeat, sees that he has not failed after all! A smile crosses his face, as he sees the Giantess collapse into a heap of ash! But as this happens, something else occurs as well; something dark and sinister!

A grey, misty form, that looks like Vulka, rises from the ash heap, its eyes glowing an intense red! The ghostly image screams in torment, reaching a wispy hand toward the two Stone Giants!

The Giants scream in anguish, as they, too, turn to heaps of ash, as their spiritual energy is drained into the spectre! Elsewhere, one of the dying Hill Giants also turns to ash, as Vulka’s spectre draws the necessary energy for her spell...

Vulka turns her gaze to Sylvar, and pronounces her dying curse!

GM: To Be Concluded!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vulka's Dying Curse [MAJOR STORY ELEMENT]

Vulka's Spectre seethes with anger, as she pronounces her curse. She speaks the curse in her native Giant dialect, but everyone who hears it hears its words as if they were spoken in the hearer's native tongue!

GM:
Dying Curse
In order to summon the power of Lolth after dying, the subject must be willing to sacrifice the souls of three allied creatures.

Vulka chooses Kurok, Kragg, and Norbit (Hill Giant #6); the creatures who are allies get NO SAVING THROW if they have sworn loyalty to the subject, even unto death.

If the target creatures have Spell Resistance, it applies. (None of the chosen creatures have Spell Resistance.)

Elder Kurok dies forever, his soul sworn to Vulka's use.
Elder Kragg dies forever, his soul sworn to Vulka's use.
Norbit (Hill Giant #6) dies forever, his soul sworn to Vulka's use.

The Spectre says, "A curse upon you, who robbed me of the chance to perform Lolth's will!

9 days suffer, 9 days change,
Ever more horrid, ever more strange;

Magical remedies shall help thee not,
With each invocation shalt thy wither and rot!

Suffer long, this misery great, there's only one way to reverse this fate;

Find the Lady of the Hool, and strike her down,
From her oldest scales make a bloody crown,

Crown my smooth head with this great prize, so that from this cruel fate, I again shall rise,

In a form greater than I had before, to serve Lolth in darkness, forever more!"

As the spectre finishes speaking, it waves its ghostly hand, and the ashes of Vulka's body reform! Her naked, seemingly sleeping body is as it was before, except that it is completely hairless, unblemished, and inert, lying flat on the ground where the Giantess had fallen just moments before. The spectre dives into the body, which shudders and convulses as it does so! The body's eyes remain closed, but the body can be seen to draw in a single breath, and exhale. Then, for a brief moment, the body smiles, wickedly, as if she knows some dark, terrible secret about what is soon to transpire!

Sylvar, you feel your body beginning to change! Your entire musculature, from head to toe, expands greatly, causing your height to increase by 6 inches, your waist to expand by 4 inches, and causing your non-magical clothes to rip apart, and your Elven chainmail to burst its links, all of it falling away from your body, leaving you naked and embarrassed! All of your equipment, save for the bow in your hand, is now in a pile at your feet! You also feel about 70 pounds heavier! Instead of an Elf, your body has the build of some freakishly large Dwarf!

GM: Sylvar gains a +2 Deformity bonus to his Constitution score.

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7k.png

[sblock=Day One Effects Suffered] Become freakishly stout; +2 Deformity bonus to Con. [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Two Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Three Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Four Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Five Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Six Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Seven Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Eight Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Nine Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

Duncan and Co.: It's your turn! What do you do?

Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Lathir: 19b1 [5 Damage]
Dire Ape: 19b2

Remaining Hill Giant Guards (#4): 0 (DEAD LAST)

"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded(159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = STASIS
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)=Dead Forever
Elder Kragg (S3)=Dead Forever
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Severely Wounded (80) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 =Dead Forever
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-9)
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-7)
H17 =Dead
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

The Dungeon Master said:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 9 (7 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 9 (11 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Damionte

Explorer
Duncan, Ebony, Travis & Leonard
:: Mop Up ::

Battle Mop 1.jpg

"This place is full of suprises." Ebony grins as the second giantess falls.

Duncan yells "arrg" in frustration as the red orc he was speaking to runs off. Silently giving him the answer he asked for. "We shall clear out the surprises then to make sure our way out is clear." He points his sword down the hallway and orders the others to stack up. Slinging his shield back over onto his back as he makes his way around the grease and into the hallway while drawing his bow.

Ebony does the same as she steps up beside him. She pats Lenny twice on the shoulder as he passes her. The silent command to turtle up.

The twins heft their shields out before them. Ducking in low and putting their shoulders behind the boards.

Duncan and Ebony stand behind them bows drawn and ready to advance.

[sblock=Order of actions in game terms]
The foursome move into the hallway. Duncan and Ebony stowed their swords and shields as part of their move, then drew their bows with their second move action.

All four drop max points into combat expertise for +5AC. The twins then used their standard actions to turtle up for an additional +4AC. Neither can take attacks of opportunity this round.

:: Just In Case Rolls ::
In case they are attacked by an archer. Both Ebony and Duncan can swat an arrow that would hit them down with their weapons for free without a roll. ( Their bows are also equiped with "Bow Blades" Bayonet like daggers on the ribs they can slash with like melee weapons. Complete Adventurer has them I beleive. )

Active Effects:
Ducan:
Bless Morale Bonus ( 5 Rounds +1 Attack +1 vs Fear ) ( Currently Over Written By Sylvar's +2 Bard Song )
Aura Of Courage (10 Feet): +4 Morale Save vs Fear
Marshal Auras ( Circumstance Bonuses Ongoing )
Within 60 Feet of Duncan: +1 Attack, +4 Will Saves
Ebony:
Within 60 Feet of Ebony: +1 Armor Class, +3 To Reflex Saves

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Blocks - Current Bonuses Applied]
Duncan: ( Shield Wall In-Active )
Hit Points: 51 / 51
Fort: 13, Ref: 10, Will: 15
AC: 18(23), Touch: 12(17), Flat: 16(21)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11, Sense Motive: 17
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 14

Ebony: ( Shield Wall In-Active )
Hit Points: 34 / 34
Fort: 6, Ref: 6, Will: 11
AC: 18(23), Touch: 12(17), Flat: 16(21)
Passive Spot: 10, Listen: 10, Sense Motive: 13
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 15

Travis: ( Shield Wall In-Active Max Combat Expertise + Total Def )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 6, Will: 7
AC: 18(30), Touch: 13(22), Flat: 19(28)
Masterwork Broad Sword + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Broad Sword +11(+6); Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 12

Leonard: ( Shield Wall In-Active Max Combat Expertise + Total Def )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 6, Will: 7
AC: 21(30), Touch: 13(22), Flat: 19(28)
Masterwork Battle Axe + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Battle Axe +11(+6); Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 11
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads