D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn listened to the discussion curiously as he checked the bonds of the prisoners, both for secureness and to ensure that they weren't dangerously tight. He was loosening the bind8ng of one man whose hands had started to turn purple when Theramin aked his question.

He paused momentarily, looking uncomfortably at the headless corpse. "It might be best to leave most of them here for now, in case it doesn't go well. But we can bring one of them with us to act as a witness to our actions and this conversation."

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I believe Owyn makes a lot of sense. One prisoner is easier to handle, and we can offer the others if they agree to talk. If things turn sour, some hostages would be valuable bargaining chips."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

“Oh my, I may not want to head back home after all!” Theremin says to Crimsyn with an earnest and suggestive smile.

“Oh, maybe you’ll get a chance to experience it,” Crimsyn said with a chuckle. She tightened the cilice on her arm, pressing the sharp spikes deeper into her flesh.

As Owyn loosened one too tight binding on one of the prisoners, the man hissed as his hand painfully tingled with the return of feeling, though he smiled, seeming pleased with the pain.

“Do you know who their leaders are and do you have a way of communicating with them?” Theremin asked.

Salor considered. “The leader of the imperial forces was a dwarf named Ulfgar Balderk,” he said. “I do not know if this land has claimed him. We have had no real contact besides raiding each other,” Salor admitted. “I will give you a flag of truce, however.”

“If he honors it,”
Alet muttered, cleaning his serrated blade after cutting off the raid leader’s head.

“Alet and I will lead you to their village,” Crimsyn offered. “If we do not take more warriors, hopefully they will know the flag is true.”

Alet looked skeptical.

“Ulgar was an honorable dwarf,” Salor said. “We may have been on different sides of the war, but he kept to his paladin vows despite the death of Paladine, unlike many during the war. We can supply whatever you need for the journey.”

“Their village is about ten hours away, by foot or by river. On foot will go around the forest. The forest is dangerous. But if we wanted to carry more supplies, peace offerings, or prisoners, the boat would be better,”
Crimsyn said.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
“Say we rest for the day, and let tempers cool down. They focused the attack on the pens, so hunger may be a problem. Perhaps a gesture of goodwill will be welcome.”

Theremin heads to one of the prisoners. “Can you tell me what you were after? Surely from what you see it’s obvious that we want peace”

OOC: persuasion roll 23, second roll of advantage 11 (toad the first one was good ;-)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Essen Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Round 0

The prisoner glared sullenly at Theremin, but he answered. “Rothe, pigs, goats, whatever we could get,” he said. “Bloody Essens.” He spat at Salor, though the old elf was too far away to reach.

That didn’t stop Crimsyn from backhanding the prisoner, though. “Watch your mouth, Imp!”

The prisoners were moved further into the village and placed under guard in a pit covered over with a lid, left with food, water, and an empty bucket. The villagers went about their normal daily routines, some fixing the fences of the pens, leaving the adventurers to their own devices.

OOC: Everyone make a Wisdom saving throw. Then let me know how you wish to go to the other village, and who/what you are bringing and when you wish to leave.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31/31 PP 14
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn frowned again, looking after the headless corpse of the leader. Even the prisoners were acting quite strangely to him.

"I'm beginning to wonder what has befallen these people here. To die willingly, even happily, over a bit of livestock?"

"I can be ready to continue on with just an hours rest. I leave the rest to you all, though I would prefer to leave this place as soon as possible."

Wiis Save: 1d20+2 11

Steve Gorak

Adventurer

agreed, let us leave after we rest a bit and prepare. I say we go by boat, to be visible and clear in our approach, and to bring some provisions as a sign of goodwill

Theremin will play and sing an inspiring tune as the group rests. He’ll also gather as much livestock and provisions as Salor permits.

OOC: use of inspiring leader during the short rest: +8 temp hp to all

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Essen Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ???? (roughly noon; hard to tell time here)
Round 0

While the party took a short break to bandage wounds and eat something, Theremin revived their spirits with a little song. The villagers locked away the prisoners, and then prepared a riverboat with some peace offerings of food, loading one prisoner into the boat.

Alet Caravon and Crimsyn Ledet were waiting with the boat when the party was ready. Crymsyn was in studded leather armor with her spiked chain wrapped around her. Her scarlet hair was up in braids. Alet wore chainmail, his serrated greatsword strapped to his back.

“Going through the Bone Forest is dangerous, so keep alert,”Crimsyn said.

Beturea eyed the forest north of town with trepidation. “Bone Forest?”

“It’s what we call it on this side,”
Alet said, helping her into the boat.

Sayine whimpered a bit, curling around Theremin’s shoulders.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31+8 thp/31 PP 14
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+8 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+8 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14+8 thp/16 PP 12
Alet Caravon (+0) AC 16 24/24 PP 10 Darkvision
Crimsyn Ledet (+3) AC 15 22/22 PP 11 Darkvision

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Remove ads