• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes...Season 1--10/16/06 Esp#4

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Been there, done that... :p
Umbran said:
He should be glad this isn't a board dedicated to Word of Darkness games. Once you play Mage, everything becomes Mage. Hiro's powers become trivial to describe in terms of the Time and Space spheres...

Hiro's blog makes many referenes to him seeing himself as a PC in a game. He jokes about how he's going to get XP, waiting for MP to recover, constantly comparing himself to characters in video games and movies. He learned his teleportation technique by mimicing something he read in X-Men, and when he discovered he had to rest between uses of his powers, he refers to it as MP. Gaming references when discussing the show, and especially that character, seem quite appropriate.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I gotta question for you guys: How many episodes have there been of this show?

What I've read about it seems cool but I haven't seen any of it thus far. They are advertising a "catchup marathon" on Sunday that I could possibly watch or record. Would that be everthing from the beginning?

Taelorn76

First Post
Rel said:
I gotta question for you guys: How many episodes have there been of this show?

What I've read about it seems cool but I haven't seen any of it thus far. They are advertising a "catchup marathon" on Sunday that I could possibly watch or record. Would that be everthing from the beginning?

There have been 4 episodes so far

D.Shaffer

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
I would say Claire's regen powers are par for the course. Someone said that it owuld be unlikely for her to be dead for hours and then regen because of tissue death snad such.
When someone gets impaled through the brain with enough damage to cause death, and then is up and about hours later as if nothing happened, I dont think tissue death will be much of an issue.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Taelorn76 said:
Also in that scene I was suprised by how far NBC went with showing him getting high. durring primetime.

Myself, I am always suprised how TV allows for R-Rated gore but only PG-13 rated sex/nudity and G-Rated drug use. The fact that they let us see the stick get removed from Clair's skull but not the needle getting inserted into Isaac's arm just underscores the abject wierdness of "decency" in television.

(Just for the record, I am a 'less blood, more boobs' type of guy when it comes to censorship.)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooo!!!!
wingsandsword said:
Hiro's blog makes many referenes to him seeing himself as a PC in a game. He jokes about how he's going to get XP, waiting for MP to recover, constantly comparing himself to characters in video games and movies. He learned his teleportation technique by mimicing something he read in X-Men, and when he discovered he had to rest between uses of his powers, he refers to it as MP. Gaming references when discussing the show, and especially that character, seem quite appropriate.

Remove ads