• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes...Season 1--10/16/06 Esp#4

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Taelorn76 said:
I think most guys fall into that category :p

I'd agree with you on the "more boobs" part, but I think that sex and violence tend to go hand in hand, with violence winning out if there's an 'ether/or' choice to be made. Not that I don't like a good, dramatic, story-appropriate level of violence. I just wish that American television would realise that, in the long run, a few nipples here and there was no worse than bullet wounds or autopsies.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Reynard said:
Myself, I am always suprised how TV allows for R-Rated gore but only PG-13 rated sex/nudity and G-Rated drug use. The fact that they let us see the stick get removed from Clair's skull but not the needle getting inserted into Isaac's arm just underscores the abject wierdness of "decency" in television.

(Just for the record, I am a 'less blood, more boobs' type of guy when it comes to censorship.)

Actually, there is a different, odder reason you didn't see the needle in that scene I think, though you could well be correct in general.

A lot of these episodes were refilmed, after they chose to go a slightly different direction. The version I saw at comic-con had Issac cut his own hand off to paint the nuclear blast painting. They have obvious removed that entirely (and changed an actor, and changed part of a plot). The scene with that needle that you are referring to is one of the original scenes...where he was missing a hand. So they cut the scene in a kinda odd way to avoid where you see him shooting up in an arm without a hand.

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
Crothian said:
So, what's up with Cheer leader's Dad? Is he in three places at once here?

My guess is that the unknown location where Mister Bennet observed Matt was near his Odessa home. Once he was done with Matt he went home to prepare for his flight, which I suppose was to Las Vegas.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Now, the question is, will we see that as a special DVD release?
Mistwell said:
Actually, there is a different, odder reason you didn't see the needle in that scene I think, though you could well be correct in general.

A lot of these episodes were refilmed, after they chose to go a slightly different direction. The version I saw at comic-con had Issac cut his own hand off to paint the nuclear blast painting. They have obvious removed that entirely (and changed an actor, and changed part of a plot). The scene with that needle that you are referring to is one of the original scenes...where he was missing a hand. So they cut the scene in a kinda odd way to avoid where you see him shooting up in an arm without a hand.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Well, I watched the marathon last night and I'll be officially watching this show henceforth.

Dammit. Just what I needed, another TV addiction!

At least I'll be forced to watch it at my leisure since it airs on my Game Nights and my wife will DVR it for me.

Taelorn76

First Post
Watched the marathon on and off last night, but I caught the part where Nikki returns to Nathans room and seduces him, like he needed much seducing ;) , but anyways the following morning when Claire's dad is standing over him with that black guy, the tatoo on her shoulder was missing. It was there when she was her alter ego but didn't seem to be there after. I wonder if it only manifests when the other come personal comces out to play.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
-Rubbing hands in a gleefull evilness- :]
Rel said:
Well, I watched the marathon last night and I'll be officially watching this show henceforth.

Dammit. Just what I needed, another TV addiction!

At least I'll be forced to watch it at my leisure since it airs on my Game Nights and my wife will DVR it for me.

Felon

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
At any rate, as long as even a few of her cells are still alive, then apparently she can regenerate if the significant impediment is removed. Looks like it might've hit her brain stem and she couldn't tell her entire body to regenerate. If you notice, she had to put her ribs back into her side before that was healed. So, I think they're keeping it failry consistent.

When her neck was broken, it spun around and set itself (something that accelerated cellular regeneration alone wouldn't accomplish), so I have to vote for "not consistent".

It also means that while Sylar becomes insanely hard to kill (if he possesses all talents since he can use telepathy or precognition to see it coming, use his time abilities or telekenesis to stop it or flight to evade it), it isn't impossible. Just means it's harder. They might be going in an entirely different direction. They might just need Claire at a future time and her death now would screw that up, which would fit with Future Hiro.

Well, if Nathan's brother (I don't recall the name, so I just refer to him as Generic Good Looks Guy) had adaptoid powers, and so does Skylar, then perhaps the big mystery is that Skylar is Generic Good Looks Guy from the future, courtesy of Hiro's time/space powers?

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Rel said:
Well, I watched the marathon last night and I'll be officially watching this show henceforth. Dammit. Just what I needed, another TV addiction! At least I'll be forced to watch it at my leisure since it airs on my Game Nights and my wife will DVR it for me.
See, I'm glad to be able to watch at my leisure because I find this show pretty unaddicting. For one thing, they seem to have skewed a little too hard towards good looks. There are scenes where Mohinder is supposed to come across as sounding like a nut (like when he tries to approach Patrelli), but people do not dismiss someone with GQ model good looks out of hand. That's just not how we're conditioned.

I think it's easy to see where they're going with Ali Larter's character: D.L. is hiding courtesy of his "houdini" powers. He'll show up and explain that he didn't kill anybody. She did. Big shocker there, but you heard it here first (assuming you didn't figure it out yourself).

The sequence with Hiro coming back from the future is probably the best sequence yet, but even that was a little heavy-handed with Hiro being far more cryptic than was called for.

Maybe I've missed a few scenes, but why has Mojinder become disillusioned anyway? Did he figure out that his girlfriend was a plant by Evil Nerdy Father yet (another surefire "surprise")?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads