• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes...Season 1--10/16/06 Esp#4

Filby

First Post
Very good episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Future Hiro was pretty cool (I like him better as a geek tho'!), but I thought the sword was a bit much.

Mad Hatter

First Post
He's Japanese and a hero. He has to have a sword...:D Besides it could one of those everything regresses to a darker age due to some horrible bloody catastrophe. All stories have to have that set up. :p:D Besides, he's obviously gained some levels. ;)

Ei

First Post
Crothian said:
My reaction to that was: "What is going on in the future that he needs a sword?"

Couple reasons

1. I imagine that if he uses a gun when he freezes time, the bullet would leave the barrel and basically freeze, making it not as useful. As opposed to a sword that can be used to chop up bad guys.

2. We know that power comes from the brain, and if anything highlander has taught is, is that sword are good at taking out heads (and the brain). So fighting against other super powered people who might be immune to gun fire or conventional weapon, sword would come handy.

3. it just look cool, and it is obliviously a homage to trunks.

Mad Hatter

First Post
I will say this about Natahn. I cannot believe he slept with Niki. He's a politician for crying out loud! And he said he loved his wife and has two kids...unless he was lying. It just boggles the mind. He should know this would be bad for his political aspirations.

Ei

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
I will say this about Natahn. I cannot believe he slept with Niki. He's a politician for crying out loud! And he said he loved his wife and has two kids...unless he was lying. It just boggles the mind. He should know this would be bad for his political aspirations.

Political AND Grandma Unfriendly Comment Removed

Ei, such comments do not have a place here at ENWorld. And this is a clear violation of those rules. Feel free to read them over the course of today while you're tempbanned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Hatter

First Post
True dat. But Nathan has had this insane single focus. It just seems like he'd be too anal to do that, but eh. You have a point and such.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Mad Hatter said:

So what's the story with Nathan's wife? In the previous episode at the political event he mentioned that she couldn't be there. I don't remember if he gave a reason...

Remove ads