• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes...Season 1--10/16/06 Esp#4

Mad Hatter

First Post
They haven't really explained anything about his wife, and I think I vaguely knew he had kids. I mean he's running for Congress and he's trying to project the family man value so he'd have a wife and kids. Other than that and Nathan and his mom, we got nada on the family front.

joshhg

First Post
Hiro was great. My first thought seeing him was "Hiro has a son who controls time too!" Looks compleatly different.

And now for some random points/ideas:
  • Niki, if she has a mental problem, she has dissociative identity disorder
    (new name for split personality disorder), not schizophrenia, a congnitive disorder.
  • Any one else think that if she has any super power, she has super strength? Because she has beaten up the guy in the elevator and dismembered or at least folded the corpses.
  • I think Issac's ability isn't nessasarly drug dependent. While one could draw corralations between previous cultures belief in that visions were brought forth by a drugged state; I think that it is probably a purely mental block, like with Niki and her second personality having the powers, if she has any at all.
  • I hope that the kid has powers
  • Peter gets a scar?
  • I think the dude with Mister Bennet is Niki's husband, because the medalian he has is just like the scar Niki has on her back. But while I don't think he is Syler, I must admit that it is possible.
  • Sword!!!

As for Nathan's wife, the creater of the show, Tim King, has given a spoiler about her on his website, http://www.9thwonders.com/.
[sblock] She is apparently disabled, or at least crippled, and that is why we havn't seen her yet [/sblock]

That's all for now, any one else have any ideas?

Mad Hatter

First Post
Nah...the black guy with Bennett isn't Niki's significant other. They have another actor to play D.L. Hawkins. I, too, don't think that Isaac needs drugs. I think he needs them now because he can't control the ability. They are trying to maintain a balance here and seeing the future is incredibly hard to deal with so they had to put some limitations on it. One is the drugs and the other was when they killed him in the future.

I don't think we've even begun to get an idea of what Niki can do. If she did kill those men, she'd be very bloody. And I don't care how long she was out, it isn't enough time for her alter to clean her clothes and remove the blood. She was wearing the same thing unless I'm mistaken. However, her alter in the mirror was real bloody. I think they have something really unique with ehr and it's why I just really love the character of Niki.

bodhi

First Post
Filby said:
Future Hiro was pretty cool (I like him better as a geek tho'!), but I thought the sword was a bit much.
Are you kidding? He's a SUPERgeek! He's got the sword, the leathers, and the little goatee.
He's all "If I were a superhero...hey wait, I am a superhero! I need a sword!"

Victim

First Post
Of course, Nikki's powers have interfered with recordings before, and she was in her alternate personality mode at the time.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
I don't think we've even begun to get an idea of what Niki can do. If she did kill those men, she'd be very bloody. And I don't care how long she was out, it isn't enough time for her alter to clean her clothes and remove the blood. She was wearing the same thing unless I'm mistaken. However, her alter in the mirror was real bloody. I think they have something really unique with ehr and it's why I just really love the character of Niki.

I keep thinking that it may be something like the character of Antibody from the old Marvel comic DP7- where he projected this shadowy form of himself that acted out his impulses (including some murderous ones on at least one occasion).

Sir Brennen

Legend
Mad Hatter said:
I will say this about Natahn. I cannot believe he slept with Niki. He's a politician for crying out loud! And he said he loved his wife and has two kids...unless he was lying. It just boggles the mind. He should know this would be bad for his political aspirations.
Two words: Ali Larter. Totally believable. :]

GlassEye said:
So what's the story with Nathan's wife? In the previous episode at the political event he mentioned that she couldn't be there. I don't remember if he gave a reason...
It sounds like Rena Sofer is joining the cast as Nathan's wife. Since it's just been announced, I'd guess she won't show up for a few episodes. Rena was the veteran reporter from SciFi's short-lived series, The Chronicle.

Hmmm. Ali Later. Rena Sofer. Tough choice, there.

Last edited:

I think I didn't mishear it, so what can we make of Nikki talking about "threatening _our_ kid"?
I formulated a new theory on this - maybe Nikkis man hasn't gone away or is dead, but instead he is inside Nikki? Though this isn't exactly a superpower, more a posessing-ghost story. The alternative that mirror Nikki is well aware of her other side and just used "our" to include her.

I think it is not unreasonable to assume that Claires father also has superpowers, which might either allow him to create copy himself or teleport (though teleportation doesn't explain why he is still required to get to an airport in time, unless he wants to keep a low profile or something like that). At least he is working with another superpowered character.

Hiro and his sword - he really is a geek :) . But also a good learner, the English of his future-self was fine.

Arnwyn

First Post
Looks like my theory that the black guy is Sylar was wrong. My new(er) theory is that Niki's husband may be 'inside/part of' Niki - that's her (admittedly uncool) power. She did say "our child" (though that just could be the split-personality thing taking over). Hmm.

And Hiro is now certifiably awesome. What a great episode.

Remove ads