• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The music starts to play and everyone walks towards the gazebo in a fine mood.

buzzzzzz.....buzzzzzz....

As everyone nears they see they are coming in towards the rear of the festivities. A dancing area has been made up on the other side and the impromptu band plays along with their backs to the group for now.

buzzzzzz....buzzzzzzz.....

"What is that? It almost sounds like bees trying to sing." Firvin asks looking around but not seeing anything.

"I don't know, but... Ouch! Something bit me!" Toddy exclaims. "And now it's stuck to me!"

Halál moves quickly over and suddenly let's out a shout of his own. "AWWKKK!!Stirges!" the tengu shouts knowing the beast that is now clamped on his shoulder.

MM35_PG237.jpg

[sblock=OOC] Ouch is right. Touch attack vs Flat-footed AC (or 10 for whoever they attack). All rolls in above post. Needed to know before posting. Halál and Toddy both take 1 point CON dmg.

Giving a free monster know roll so you all know about the attached AC and grappling rules for them. INIT for the stirges is 14 if no one beats that they will drain CON again and it will be your turn anyway so no reason to wait for them to post.

Just roll your INIT and post your actions please. Sorting out the mess is my job, LOL.

OH and Firvin needs to make a Perform skill check please.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Toddy bites and claws back at the overgrown insect, scoring one hit, but not killing it.

Marshan draws a dagger and readies to attack one as it approaches.
[sblock=mini-stats]Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment

Current Weapons in Hand:
MW Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +2, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
Cestus +2, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +2, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
Longbow +2, d8
Dagger +2, d4+1

Skills: +4 Perception, +1 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close
.Orisons: Create Water, Light, Stabilize
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 2/1 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Protection from Evil
Domain Power: 4/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO

Toddy ~
Perception: +4; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium
AC: 14/18 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 14
HP: 6 Current HP: 5 CON 11
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +3, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +3, d4+2; Claw +3, d4+2
Skills: +14 Acrobatics, +4 Perception, +0 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Combat Reflexes
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite)(1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál spends a few precious seconds flailing about in surprise before gathering his scattered wits and recognizing that he's been hit as well. He drops a dagger to hand from its wrist sheath and sets to killing the overgrown bloodsucker on his shoulder. He sends a quick prayer to Pharasma to guide his hand. His attempt to touch the stirge with his empty hand is a miserable failure . . . his hand thrashes the air but fails to find the foe. However, his patron answers his call and guides his dagger straight to the creature; the point pierces it's abdomen and he drives the blade home.

[sblock=Actions]Initiative (1d20+4=11)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 15 (12 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12/12 (11/11 due to 2 pts CON dmg)
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: Low Light Vision
Perception: +8 (+9 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger

Active Judgements: Judgement of Sacred Justice

Special Abilities: Bleeding Touch (4/5), Judgements (0/1)

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna sees what looks like a giant mosquito trying to suck out Halál's blood and points a finger while her melodious voice calls out an arcane incantation, "Odulen an len eithad!"

The pin point of magic light zooms from her finger and slams into the little winged menace. She draws her dagger, just in case one of the creatures comes at her.

[sblock=Actions]Take 10 on Perform(+6)=16
Initiative (1d20+5=22)
Move Action: Draw dagger
Standard Action: Magic Missile Stirge on Halál; Magic Missile (1d4+1=4)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performance: 6/6 rounds remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 3/4 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 2/2 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Sorry no map SK(another one of these short and sweet fights I think) there are only two stirges and both attached to someone. You may help Toddy if you wish on your characters turn, I think the other is handled.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori looks around scowling as he tries to determine what direction the threat is coming from (because this is Ustalav, there's always a threat). Seeing the stirges and hearing Halal name them he glances at his longsword with more than a little doubt. Instead he draws out his throwing axe as he moves to assist Toddy and attacks the stirge attached to him.

"Stirges? These are Ustalavan Mosquito-Hawks!"

[sblock=Actions]Move: approach Toddy
Free: draw throwing axe
Standard: attack stirge[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Gregori Ostov (full sheet)
Initiative: +1
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) (+2 w/ mutagen)
HP: 14 Current: 14
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +0

In Hand: throwing axe
-- longsword +5 (1d8+4 19-20/x2); Power Attack: longsword +4 (1d8+6 19-20/x2)
-- [Str Mutagen] longsword +7 (1d8+6); PA: longsword +6 (1d8+8)
-- cestus

Extracts Prepared Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge
Mutagen Prepared Strength

Special conditions[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over!

WoW 6 seconds and done. Very efficient this group is.

Here is a game mechanics breakdown I will be sending the fluff to the IC thread in a minute.

Firvin casts magic missile (dmg=4) at Halál's critter.
Stirge drains blood from Halál. -2 CON total.
Stirge drains blood from Toddy. -2 CON total.
Halál finishes off the stirge on him (dmg=5).
Gergori steps up and kills Toddy's stirge (dmg=6).
Toddy claws the remains of the beast off his back.
Marshan watches for more but does not see any threats.

I rolled Firvin's perform check (rolled a 20 - my third in the past two days - very odd). Will add that info in the fluff if I can get EnWorld to act right.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
OOC: I had put some distance between Marshan and Toddy while walking to the party, so I didn't feel appropriate to close and attack in the first round. Marshan also feels quite naked without his big weapons.

I once had a GM throw 22 stirges at us as a first level party. He thought that fight was "balanced". After that fight, before resting, we ran into a vampire spawn with minions. Didn't stay in his game long.

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan and Toddy

Marshan and Toddy's current status[sblock=actions]Cast mage armor on Toddy before approaching the gate[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Marshan got 22 of 24 (ooc thread #474) needed to identify the blue arrows. Unless Firvin makes her roll to identify them, we need to wake Kendra.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment

Current Weapons in Hand:
MW Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +2, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
Cestus +2, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +2, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
Longbow +2, d8
Dagger +2, d4+1

Skills: +4 Perception, +1 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close
.Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 2/1 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Deathwatch
Domain Power: 4/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO
Consumables:
20 normal arrows ~ 8 blunt arrows ~ 4 large sized arrows, more on Toddy
4 Silver Arrows ~ silver
3 White Arrows ~ +1 arrow
2 Blue Arrows ~ (unidentified, moderate conjuration)
1 Black Arrow ~ +1 undead bane
1 Haunt Siphon
1 Hide from Undead scroll (2nd CL, 20 minutes)

Toddy ~
Perception: +4; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium
AC: 14/18 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 18 for 2 hours
HP: 6 Current HP: 6
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +3, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +3, d4+2; Claw +3, d4+2
Skills: +14 Acrobatics, +4 Perception, +0 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Combat Reflexes
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite)(1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads