HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

"Well, maybe the guard's room has info. They should have left around some instruction for newbies guards regarding the nasty prisoners." Going back to the guards' area, Marshan searches that thoroughly as well.
[sblock=actions]Take 20 search for 24 in the guards' area G. Then we can open the doors to 6.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress


Firvinianna nods in agreement and stands aside to let the others clear the way.

"Perhaps you are correct. Other than some nasty creatures, we have not found much to explain what is going on in here."

[sblock=Mini Stats & OOC]OOC: Yeah, ready for the next door
_______________
Firvinianna Laali
Initiative:
+5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Bardic Performance: 6/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
4/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2)[/sblock]
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the group searches the guard area Kee shakes her head. "What's going on here is this place is bad news." she says stomping on a stray cockroach. "Bugs, ghost music, and the undead don't make for a place I want to usually visit."

"We'll be going soon Kee," Loh says patting her shoulder. "Won't we?" she asks looking at the others.

Finding nothing in the guard area the others look to the two remaining doors. After a quick look over by Halál the dwarf gives a nod that he doesn't see any traps about.

OOC: Ready for the last area?
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The door opens into the light of day and the circular balcony that stands above the front doors to Harrowstone Prison.

"Hrmph," Kee says as she sees the light. "A way for the guards to get fresh air if they wanted? Or a quicker trip than all the way to the privy?" she asks with a smirk.

"You are so gross sometimes," Loh says in rebuke.

The balcony saggs to the east and most of the battlements in that area have crumbled away. Perception Checks everyone

[sblock=Perception DC 20]
Every round a medium or two small creatures stand on the balcony there is a 25% chance it will give way. The fall looks short but will probably be accompanied by stone and wood debris. Meaning it would do a little damage.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress


Firvinianna only peeks outside and once it is learned that it is only a balcony and not a room, she backs away. As Lee and Koh start their banter, she smiles slightly and indulgently, "Indeed, guards are lazy and any old place to relieve themselves will do."

"Okay, nothing really more to see here, shall we take a break as our..." She glances at their newest companions with their not to subtle hints at no longer wanting to be in the prison and almost uses the word cowardly.

"our vocal companions wish to do. I am fine with that, perhaps we can stop by a shop to look at some alchemical fire flasks to deal with any more swarms of bugs and vermin that we might encounter when we return."

[sblock=Mini Stats & OOC]OOC: Perception (1d20+8=19)- heh
_______________
Firvinianna Laali
Initiative:
+5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Bardic Performance: 6/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
4/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2)[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál steps out to the edge and takes a casual look, but quickly ascertains that there's nothing here to interest him. He moves back into the room with Firvin. "Aye, nothing here and it appears we've cleared this floor. I'm good to go on, but as the lady says we could perhaps use a bit of something to help with any more roaches we come across."
__________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 14/20
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dwarven WarAxe, Cestus

Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

Current Conditions: None

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (1/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:
"Lemme see! Lemme see!"
"Oh, that wasn't worth getting excited for."

Toddy is still looking for something to battle, something to do. But then again, the strawberry tarts should be coming out of the oven just now, so he is quite conflicted.

Marshan wants to continue exploring. "No sense getting banged up and coming away with no answers."
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"We're leaving?" Loh asks with hope in her voice. "If the answers are here, they will still be here another day, right?"

"Well I'm for leaving, but not by climbing back down the building."
Kee says, remembering the big bug that tried to eat her. "How should we get out of here?"

[sblock=OOC] Everyone, but the eidolons, could figure out that the steps leading down could put you within 40' of the front doors (which are just below the balcony everyone just saw). Maybe a little more exploration on the way out?

Or there is the door that leads to the balcony that the group fought the scythe.[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"We'll go out a slightly different way we came in, so as not to 'waste' the trip - we can cover some unexplored areas that way. But yes, it sounds like we're agreed that we should exit stage left for now."
__________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 14/20
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dwarven WarAxe, Cestus

Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

Current Conditions: None

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (1/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress


Firvinianna nods in agreement and positions herself in the back of the group to let the others go first down the stairs, "Sure, we might as well see what is below on the way out. If something catches our interest, we can always take a look, first."

While they were on this level, there were certainly dangers aplenty but, Marshan is correct, very little answers. Though, it is not hard to imagine that the Professor was likely killed by something in the prison.

It could have happened any number of ways to them already.

[sblock=Mini Stats & OOC]OOC:
_______________
Firvinianna Laali
Initiative:
+5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Bardic Performance: 6/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
4/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2)[/sblock]
 
"Okay boss. You turn the latch on the door. I will go see what's down there. Although, I could make the jump from that balcony. Yep, I know I could."

When people are ready, Marshan will turn the knob on the door for the down stairs and let Toddy take the lead in snooping around.
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The dark stairs lead to a hallway just as dark. The ten foot wide corridor is full of dust and small webs along the corners.

Doors are set everywhere with only the west wall lacking as many as the others.

[sblock=OOC] South is the way out.[/sblock]
 

Attachments

perrinmiller

Visitor
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress


Firvinianna awaits word from below and calls down softly, "If the way out is clear, be careful exiting through the front doors. That balcony was not too safe looking."

With those in front of her, she can only see a corridor that appears to head toward the front of the prison.

[sblock=Mini Stats & OOC]OOC:
_______________
Firvinianna Laali
Initiative:
+5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Bardic Performance: 6/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
4/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2)[/sblock]
 
"Doors, doors, doors, doors, doors, doors and oh, doors. Um that way." Toddy moves south and tries to open the southern door with his teeth, or if that fails, kick it open. Marshan lights up the head of his hammer and moves out of the stairwell into the hallway, watching the impatient llama. "Burnt prison. Safe. Right."

[sblock=cast]Cast cantrip light on hammer head.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál moves along with the others, content for now to let Toddy do the heavy lifting with the doors.
__________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 14/20
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dwarven WarAxe, Cestus

Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

Current Conditions: None

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (1/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Toddy opens one of the sturdy wooden doors to reveal another room.

Foyer said:
Streaks of mold stain the walls of this foyer, and the floor below is a thick, gray carpet of fungal growth. Sturdy wooden doors beckon from every wall.
The doors furthest south seem to be the right distance to where the doors above led out onto the balcony. Carefully moving across the fungus the eidolon moves to those doors.

With the others following behind in somewhat a straight line everyone is taken by surprise as all the doors suddenly swing open. Less than a heartbeat after they are full of apparitions moaning and screaming to get out. Separate groups move from the doorways each passing through the group and each other in their rush.

Everyone notices the burnt faces or smoldering ruin of an arm here or part of the chest there. As one they seem to all have been part of a large blaze.

As quickly as they appeared and the doors open they are gone and all the doors slam shut.

A moment later there is a pounding on the door the group just entered through. Loh and Kee are trapped on the other side.

OOC: The doors are all held tight.
 

Attachments

"Well, can't have that." Marshan shouts out "Stand back from the door!" Growing tall and strong once again, Marshan bashes the door with his mighty hammer.

[sblock=actions]swift growth domain enlarge, std swing hammer to sunder[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision, Move 30'
AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
HP: 20 Current HP: 16
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +4; +2 vs. Enchantment

Current Weapons in Hand:
MW Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +3, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
Cestus +3, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +3, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
Longbow +3, d8
Dagger +3, d4+1

Skills: +4 Perception, +5 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close, Detect Magic
.Orisons: Read Magic, Create Water, Light, Stabilize
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 3/0 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease (DC 12), Shield
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor
Domain Power: 2/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO
Consumables:
20 normal arrows ~ 8 blunt arrows ~ 4 large sized arrows, more on Toddy
4 Silver Arrows ~ silver
3 White Arrows ~ +1 arrows
2 Blue Arrows ~ +1 ghost touch arrows
1 Black Arrow ~ +1 undead bane arrows
1 Haunt Siphon
1 Hide from Undead scroll (2nd CL, 20 minutes)

Active Enhancements:

Toddy ~
Perception: +5; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium, move 40'
AC: 18/22 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 6 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 22 for 3 hours
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: 4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +4, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +4, d4+2; Claw +4, d4+2
Skills: +15 Acrobatics, +5 Perception, +4 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Evasion, Combat Reflexes
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite), Improved Natural Armor(1)
Condition:[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál ducks away from the flying splinters of wood thrown off by Marshan's hammer, then moves slightly to the side and goes to work with his axe.
__________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 14/20
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dwarven WarAxe, Cestus

Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

Current Conditions: None

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (1/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress


Firvinianna sees battle being joined on the... door and shrugs. She sings them a tune of inspiration to aid their blows, her voice echoing after she stops.

"Keep it up, boys. You almost have it. Don't the bored thing get you down."

She casts a cantrip to activate her Mage sight and looks around for auras

[sblock=Mini Stats & OOC]OOC: Bardic music, Inspire Courage +1 (for 3 rounds lingering) & Cast Detect Magic.
_______________
Firvinianna Laali
Initiative:
+5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Bardic Performance: 5/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
4/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2)[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top