(Hollow Earth Expedition) THE THULE DEATH RAY!

Morning (9:30am - 2pm)
Hollow Earth Expedition (HEX) - THE THULE DEATH RAY!

When Professor Davenport sent you a telegram pleading for your help, you arrived at his doorstep prepared for the worst. Dive deep into enemy territory to uncover the secret Nazi plan for world domination!

This module introduces the 1930's pulp-adventure HEX game system with a heavy emphasis on cinematic roleplaying. Pre-gen characters and dice will be provided.

If you've been trying to ease your Significate Other into roleplaying, the Hollow Earth Expedition is the place to start! Check out HEX online at: http://www.exilegames.com

1. Faelinn
2. Carl
3. Queenie122
4. Rel
5. Rystil Arden
6. John Crichton

Alt 1: Xath
Alt 2: OPEN

And just to whet your appetite, the pre-gens are...!

Ray Kincaid---A ladies' man who knows how to handle a fast car around dangerous curves
Dr. Thomas Castle---A medical doctor who served courageously in the Great War
Teegan Travask---A fiercely loyal American with an amazing memory and brains to boot
John Aynge---A tough man-for-hire, the kind you need in a tight spot
Zeke Tinkerlin---A brilliant engineer who doesn't let the lack of an arm slow him down
Marie Balean---The daughter of an Australian big-game hunter who's taking her one shot at fame

Note: You'll be selecting your character at the table!

Author: S.D. Hilton (a.k.a. "John Aynge" from the HEX forum); this adventure debuted at GenCon 2007.

Last edited:

Hey, Rabbit --

Can you get your folks from the Hex boards to create a login here and at least post a 'Howdy!'? There's no problem with saving a couple slots, but it would be nice to have them as part of the community, even if they don't become regulars. Part of the fun of the gamedays is the "family reunion" vibe when you get to play with people you only know from online.

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Hey, Rabbit --

Can you get your folks from the Hex boards to create a login here and at least post a 'Howdy!'? There's no problem with saving a couple slots, but it would be nice to have them as part of the community, even if they don't become regulars. Part of the fun of the gamedays is the "family reunion" vibe when you get to play with people you only know from online.

I have done as requested! Because I cross-posted the game, I wanted to give the HEX board members a chance to register---sometimes it takes a little time to get people on another site. And I thought it'd be good for the game to have a couple of veteran HEX players at the table.

I learned about EN World from Madwabbit and Nestor from the HEX board. I wonder how many other boards they're members of! :]

I've also forwarded the Firefly game to a few friends who LUV Firefly/Serenity. I'm sure they'll enjoy the boards, too.

Last edited:

Faelinn said:
I'm interested in playing this game. I'm new to HEX and ENWorld, but it's always fun to fight Nazis ;-)

Woo-hoo! Nazis, airships, what's not to love? ;) I'm bringing two copies of the core rulebook and the new "Secrets of the Surface World" to the game for people to check out.

I guess I should also point out that you can play HEX diceless, if you're not a roll-player.

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'll have my copy of HEX and my Ubiquity dice available for you to use as well, if you need them.

Thanks, Rodrigo, that's very kind of you. I made out like a bandit at GenCon and have lots of dice and style chips. I'd appreciate having your copy of the book available at the table. I'll make sure it gets back to you, too.

madwabbit

First Post
Rabbit in the Moon said:
Woo-hoo! Nazis, airships, what's not to love? ;) I'm bringing two copies of the core rulebook and the new "Secrets of the Surface World" to the game for people to check out.

I guess I should also point out that you can play HEX diceless, if you're not a roll-player.
Yeah, but that's a lot less fun for all involved -- sometimes a dramatic moment absolutely requires a dice roll over Taking The Average. That actually happened to my folks this past weekend where they were in a double-decker bus that they stole, being chased through the streets of Shanghai by members of the Green Gang with tommy guns. The player's character driving was an ace driver, with the Reckless Driving talent, so she was doing pretty well for herself, but tried to make a sharp turn at high speed.

She could have taken the average, but the difficulty rating was such that she didn't know if it would succeed or not... and I wouldn't tell her if it would or not. :D She chose to roll... eight dice (6 plus 2 style points)... she rolled ALL zeros.

Yup, crashed right into the side of the Customs House and Telegraph Office on the Bund. That's pretty much where we left off on Saturday :lol:

--tom

On diceless HEX gaming ...

madwabbit said:
She could have taken the average, but the difficulty rating was such that she didn't know if it would succeed or not... and I wouldn't tell her if it would or not. :D She chose to roll... eight dice (6 plus 2 style points)... she rolled ALL zeros.

Yup, crashed right into the side of the Customs House and Telegraph Office on the Bund. That's pretty much where we left off on Saturday :lol:

That's awesome! Incredible failures are sometimes better than dramatic wins.

I hope no one's chiding her about her driving skillz.

Last edited:

Remove ads