Hope Never Dies - OOC thread [Full]

Lichtenhart

First Post
Oh i forgot to say an important thing: since I am a very lenient DM, I'd like my players to have patience with me too. That means the less rules-lawyering the better.

I hope i won't have to repeat this.

Lichtenhart

First Post
DanMcS, Voadam, and ShaggySpellsword you are down as alternates. Sorry if the game filled up so quickly, but the people I was in chat with got immediately interested.

Equipment ruling:
You made it to the shore with your special power/unique object (price up to up to 8400 gp), your familiars, animal companions, mounts, and giant space hamsters. You also managed to steal mundane from the prison up to five items from PHB equipment chapter. You are utterly penniless and are wearing either a shabby prisoner uniform or a the uniform of a guard of the lowest rank.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
A couple minor things:

- Please don't select languages yet, because I want to rework them.
- Festy, you choose an explorer's outfit as one of you items, but it's not available. You can take something else. You should choose your color too. I guess the sword is your special item. Would you let me tinker with it a bit to get it to full 8,400 gp? Otherwise, since yours is a special case, I could give you another little power to fill it up. I have some nice idea in both cases. Your call.
- Festy and hafrogman, I like both your backgrounds a lot. :) I'll try to look for pics for both your chars, but don't hold your breath.

Please remember to tell me which element you'd like to see in the game. You've already given me lots of ideas, but I'd like t chose the ones you like most.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Kal, as spellpouches are allowed by Vow of Poverty, I changed my mind and would like your item to be a power instead, or some sort of mark. What about a mystic ink that was poured in your eyes?
This way we can use Vow of Poverty normal rules with this exception: you can use a material possession (wand, scroll, weapon) without breaking your vow if you do it to save someone in immediate danger of death.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Peregrine Rundown

Special Item - check
Stat Block - check
Background - check
Picture - check
Element - below
TTDMR - not my problem

My game element has been chosen:

Recurring Villain. I want someone that we can really grow to hate. We should get victories over him (or her), defeat his (or her) plans, but he himself (or she herself) always gets away somehow.

Lichtenhart

First Post
House Rules

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of them, but I have some little house rules here and there to reduce bookkeeping a little. Excuse me but I haven't really kept track of them, so I'll add them here when they come up.

- Dodge feat grants a flat +1 to AC whenever you're entitled to it. Forget the single opponent stuff.

- INT is retroactive. If it goes up, when you level up you gain additional skill points and languages. If it goes down you lose them.

- Servant of heavens, Favored of the companions, Knight of the stars feats from BoED grant a +3 luck bonus rather than +1. They are also not named like that, too.

- Spellcaster that prepare spells ahead time: they prepare instead a list of (their daily allotment +1) spells for each spell level, and can freely cast up to their daily allotment from this list.

Last edited:

Remove ads