• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hope you like your DDI Subscription!

Festivus

First Post
Like many things in the online world, this is a glitch that needs to get worked out. If I wanted to cancel I'd just tell my credit card company that I was having difficulties and not to approve any further charges to them.

Wasn't there even be some kind of FAQ entry or something similar regarding that? I remember that it was not a simple "just click this button to unsubscribe" activity.

garyh

First Post
I signed up, then removed my credit card info from my profile. Can't auto-renew me if they don't have that. Easy.

That said, as of now I do plan to re-up when my annual subscription runs out.

malraux

First Post
Wasn't there even be some kind of FAQ entry or something similar regarding that? I remember that it was not a simple "just click this button to unsubscribe" activity.

The FAQ basically said to contact WotC, iirc. That said, I tried to upgrade from a 3 month subscription to yearly, which prompted them to tell me they were canceling my account.

Hellzon

First Post
I signed up, then removed my credit card info from my profile. Can't auto-renew me if they don't have that. Easy.

I've seen this a few times now. Has there ever been a statement from WOTC that the stored credit card info isn't just for your convenience and WOTC have it elsewhere? Because I'm worried that lots of people will get a nasty surprise if they are relying on that method when their subscription runs out (and gets renewed).

Me, I canceled auto-renew without a hitch. Not that some of your experiences aren't completely bizarre. Especially malraux's.:confused:

garyh

First Post
I've seen this a few times now. Has there ever been a statement from WOTC that the stored credit card info isn't just for your convenience and WOTC have it elsewhere? Because I'm worried that lots of people will get a nasty surprise if they are relying on that method when their subscription runs out (and gets renewed).

Me, I canceled auto-renew without a hitch. Not that some of your experiences aren't completely bizarre. Especially malraux's.:confused:

No idea. But if WotC is secretly storing credit card info after the user deletes, that's an even bigger problem than auto-renew.

Guess I'll find out in October!

malraux

First Post
Especially malraux's.:confused:

Bizarre are the reasons given.
As per your request the following items have been successfully refunded and/or cancelled:

Order ID: xxxxxxxx
Item(s): 3 month D&Di subscription (1 month refunded)

$6.65 has been refunded to your credit card/PayPal in accordance with our Refund Policies. Also, when you purchased your 1 year D&Di subscription you did not enter in complete billing information nor did you include an email address. This is extremely important as it allows us to grant you access to the subscription content you have paid for. As a result of this missing information, we have had to cancel your 1 year subscription at this time, and you have been refunded $59.40. You should received additional emails concerning the cancellation of your subscription, please follow the steps included in these emails as it will allow us to complete the refund process and will initiate the return of charges to your credit card. Your refund will not be fully complete until you have acknowledged these additioanl emails. Once this step has been completed by you, please allow up to 48 hours for this to be refund posted to your credit card/PayPal account.

So note, they emailed this to me and had enough information about me to properly cancel my original subscription, so clearly they knew what account/email address I have. Also, my full CC info is still there (for autorenewing purposes), so they already have all that info as well and they had enough info to actually charge my CC. Of course the sensical thing to do in this case, assuming that there was missing info, would be to tell me to retry to signup for the yearly account, not to fully cancel both.

All that said, I still can log in and access everything, so until that stops working I'm just not going to care.

Remove ads