D&D 5E How can I get Wrathful Smite on my spell list?

ECMO3

Hero
I really like the spell Wrathful Smite and trying to figure out different ways to get it without being a Paladin, Hexblade or Bard. I can't seem to find any.

Are these the only ways to get this spell?

You can Wish for it.

But yeah, by my account it belongs to no other subclass, nor race, nor dragonmarked bonus spell list, nor is their any feat to get paladin spells, nor is evocation a school you can get spells from under the Fey Touched or Fiend Touched feats. That basically exhausts the options.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
If you want an official answer that isn't Paladin, Hexblade, or Bard, you're SOL. There is no official feature outside of those three options.

Your best unofficial answer is to ask your DM if they'd be willing to let you. A variation on one of the "Initiate/Adept" feats might work, e.g. instead of letting you use a spell once a day without spending a slot, the feat actually adds a single specific spell to your spell list. That plus a +1 to your main casting stat sounds like a perfectly functional feat--you'd only take it if the single spell you get is really worthwhile, and if it is, it's definitely powerful enough to justify a "half-feat."

jgsugden

Legend
Another option is to look for the psuedo equivalents.

The Form of Dread of the Undead Warlock allows you to impact the undead condition once per round on a hit (save negates). I have a druid that has made an undead pact to allow Armor of Agathys, Hex and Form of Dread to create 'Pet Cemetary'-esque Circle of the Moon animal shapes.

Battlemaster Menacing Attack also gives the frightened condition.

As a DM, if a player tells me that they like the mechanic that a particular spell, item or monster has because it seems like a fun feature for a PC, but they see no way to get it, I look for ways to make it happen at an appropriate cost. For example, you might find a 'Vexing Weapon' in my game that forces enemies hit by the first attack made during your turn to make a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened of you until the start of your next turn.

Remove ads