D&D General How do you like your character sheets?

What do you prefer in a character sheet?

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
What it says on the tin. Using whatever criteria you care most about — user-friendliness, aesthetic preference, whatever — how do you prefer your character sheets?

The topic presumes the use of a physical character sheet — as in a sheet of paper — that you write on with, like, a pencil. I'm not looking for opinions on alternatives to character sheets (and I'm particularly disinterested in anything digital).

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Light roasted over an open flame, with just a hint of lemon? :D

Otherwise, landscape form-fillable pdfs. :D

Last edited:

My favorite character sheets are portrait and minimalist, and are form-fillable PDFs that auto-calculate.
I almost play exclusively online these days, so the sheets are in Foundry.

That said, when I do play live, I like these form-fillable PDFs that auto-calculate, too - then I print them to bring to the table. Easy to update as you level up. Oh, and a custom neatly printed spell "book" from the likes of Spell cards, PDF. Spells index and Spellbooks for D&D | DND-Spells, The tool for Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Weiley31

Legend
I prefer the ones that have the Skill list in alphabetical order. I also SUPER LIKE the ones that actually have the skills next to their appropriate ability modifiers. So all the STR skills next to STR, all the DEX skills next to DEX, etc,etc,etc,etc.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Portrait - so they can fit into a game book in the same orientation as the text. If I’m in a crowded game table space, it‘s way more convenient that way.

Though on my iPad is even better.

Remove ads