• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you pronounce 'EN World'?

A2Z

Explorer
I was going to post saying I pronounce it Supercalafragaliscious. :) But I've been beaten to the joke more than a few time now, :( so I'll just tell you I've been pronuncing it right. No not right, funny guy, but the right way. That is to say E. N. World.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I think we should have a poll and whichever gets the most votes should be the RIGHT way - everyone I know who knows of the boards pronouces it EN WORLD, not EE EN WORLD. . .

This is really upsetting me. . . :mad:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
nemmerle said:
I think we should have a poll and whichever gets the most votes should be the RIGHT way - everyone I know who knows of the boards pronouces it EN WORLD, not EE EN WORLD. . .

This is really upsetting me. . . :mad:

Nah, I'll just ban anyone who pronounces it wrong. :)

Kannik

Hero
You mean.... I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ennworld... doesn't sound so wrong to me, really! }:) Then again, if anyone calls our firm kass architects rather than C. A. S. architects, it sounds wrong, so, maybe I should be saying it as E. N. World and stop being a hypocrite... :p

Kannik

Galfridus

First Post
I pronounce it E. N. World, but what I'm wondering is where people place the accent -- on the "N" or on "World".

Actually, I don't think I've ever said the site's name out loud, but when I am talking in my head that's how I say it.

To me, Drow rhymes with "cow" and not "bow". Reminds me of when my dad pronounced DOS like the word "dose"...

Apok

First Post
I see some things haven't changed...

I've always pronounced the E and the N individually, but kinda slided the whole thing together as a single word. "ENWorld." Almost sounds like i'm saying "IanWorld."

Remove ads