How high can you go before getting +1 BAB?

bret

First Post
I'm just curious, how high a level character can you create with multiclassing without gaining +1 BAB.

This is obviously not an effective character, certainly not something I would ever want to play. I was just curious how far it could be taken.

The obvious start is:
Rogue 1 / Wizard 1 / Sorcerer 1 / Bard 1/ Cleric 1 / Druid 1 / Monk 1.

You are now 7th level.

This requires switching alignment once (Bard: any non-lawful, Monk: any lawful) and having one of those components being neutral (Druid: NG, LN, N, CN, or NE). One alignment change isn't a problem.

It wouldn't be difficult to qualify for the virtuoso at this point. I think all it really requires is 10 ranks of perform. I don't have Song & Silence here to double check.

The next level could be Dragon Disciple. Requires Knowledge: Arcane 8 ranks.

So now I'm up to 9th level.
Rogue 1 / Wizard 1 / Sorcerer 1 / Bard 1/ Cleric 1 / Druid 1 / Monk 1 / Virtuoso 1 / Dragon Disciple 1

BAB +0
For +8
Refl: +6
Will: +16

After that, it starts getting tough.

Any ideas?

You forgot a level of Psion. If you work the feats and skills right id bet you could get all the way up to 20th without any BAB, taking the first level of a few PrC's.

Or you could just go for the Halfling Outrider :D

Dr_Rictus

First Post
You haven't even dipped into being a multiclassed Adept/Commoner/Expert/Aristocrat.

And as long as we're including the Psionics Handbook, take a level of Psychic Warrior as well.

Last edited:

bret

First Post
I wasn't going to include any of the NPC classes.

As for the Psionic characters, I've never read any of the Psionics stuff. That is why I didn't include it.

Sounds like we can make it to 11th level by including Psionics.

A lot of PrCs have a BAB requirement or require higher level spell access. Anyone got more PrCs that can be added?

Archer

First Post
There are dozens of PrCs that have skill or feat only entry requirements without full BAB progression. Qualifying for 9 of them would be quite a trick however.

bret

First Post
Bastoche said:
Assassin doesn't require bab.

Getting a little bit tough here, alignment is getting to be a problem.

I guess we would want to start out LE and then switch to NE for the bard and druid levels.

With this, we can now make it to 12th level. This also gives us +2d6 sneak attack which might help it qualify for some of the other PrCs.

Good question as to how someone with +0 BAB was able to kill someone. My guess would be poison or killing them in their sleep.

Remove ads