D&D General How Long Did You Play the Different Editions of D&D? (+)

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
1978 - Holmes for a few sessions - we played through the Into the Depths module. I remember my character had a 10' pole, several canaries, and a whole bunch of other stuff. We were definitely ignoring any encumberance rules if they were even provided.

1978-1984 Then we moved to AD&D. I got the Monster Manual, my buddy got the PHB, and we were off. Played all through high school, including a Monty Haul campaign where we went through D1-D3 and Q1. We each had at least one artifact. If I recall I had the Wand of Orcus playing a thief (I think?).

1991 or 92 - played 2 sessions of D&D, but I don't recall if it was 1st or 2nd ed. It was the first time I got back into RPGs after a break during college. But then we stopped playing D&D and played lots of other games (Shadowrun, MegaTraveller, and then settled on GURPS for the next 10 years).

2008-14 4e. Ran into a buddy from my old GURPS game at the FLGS. I had heard about this "Points of Light" thing with the new edition of D&D. He said he'd run the first module; and we "got the band back together". Same group I still play with today now.

2014-now 5e. We rolled right into 5e when it came out. There actually wasn't any question about it. No one loved 4e so much that they were unwilling to move to 5e. Of course since around 2010, I've been playing lots of other games besides D&D - mostly leaning towards "independent" games.

Remove ads