How long do we wait for WoTC to speak?

If you cannot state who confirmed it, it isn't really confirmed.
I mean, with journalists from like actual news sources (which would include Linda Codega), you don't necessarily expect named confirmations of the identities of sources, especially as an identity could be confirmed in a number of ways, and because the new source has some kind of reputation to protect (and lawyers, and so on)

I would say if a rando claims it without saying anything more then sure.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I mean, with journalists from like actual news sources (which would include Linda Codega), you don't necessarily expect named confirmations of the identities of sources, especially as an identity could be confirmed in a number of ways, and because the new source has some kind of reputation to protect (and lawyers, and so on)

Yes, that's exactly why you need to say who confirmed it. Our confidence in the piece of information lies in our confidence in the news source. Vaguely asserting that someone confirmed it is insufficient.

Even if it feels repetitive - there's a bazillion threads and posts on the general topic, and any particular bit you've seen may have not been noted by someone else.

Vaalingrade

Legend
It doesn't matter. It's dead now. Not because of any legal argument, because nobody trusts it anymore.
I would reply, but I fear I have to go to the hospital for the whiplash from this sudden change of direction.

"Nobody doubts their legal right to do so!"

"What about all the people doubting it?"

"It doesn't matter, now let's talk about something completely different!"

Ow, my neck.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yet Pathfinder came into existence because WotC chose a similar path to what they're choosing now.

And you still choose to dismiss upcoming games as heartbreakers? You must be just as smart as the bigwigs over at WotC! :)
Mod Note:

You‘re drifting into making personal attacks, CZ. That, plus your language choices indicate you may need to cool off a bit before posting, Voluntarily, one would hope. Involuntarily if need be.

Yes, that's exactly why you need to say who confirmed it. Our confidence in the piece of information lies in our confidence in the news source. Vaguely asserting that someone confirmed it is insufficient.

Even if it feels repetitive - there's a bazillion threads and posts on the general topic, and any particular bit you've seen may have not been noted by someone else.
I mean, I feel like I must be missing something, because I don't know how you could keep sources confidential and say who confirmed it, especially if they confirmed it with materials/evidence they themselves possessed. What am I not getting?

If you mean the journo, Linda did, and so did two of the podcasting guys - Mark Seifer I want to say is one of them, not sure about the spelling.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I mean, I feel like I must be missing something, because I don't know how you could keep sources confidential and say who confirmed it, especially if they confirmed it with materials/evidence they themselves possessed. What am I not getting?
Might not be the same thing, but I often hear things like "According to sources close to the company who asked to not be identified".

Remove ads