D&D 5E how many 5e supporters are upset about the possible $50 price tag

How did the price of $50 effect you?

No, it's not a big deal, because I don't care in the slightest how much you will or won't pay for it. You can do whatever you want. I was just suggesting that when you question me on whether I am being honest about being willing to pay $50... asking if I'd also pay $1000 is kind of ridiculous.
I didn't quastion you paying $50 I know there are people who will.

I quastio er your use of the words Any Price then you came back and caused me of being residuals when you said any price not $50 or $60

frogimus

First Post
As we gather here and debate the "leaked" price, how many gamers have already shrugged their shoulders and adjusted their budget? It will be what it will be. I just hope it has value in its content, although no two people can agree on "content value" either.

Watching the debates here, I find it amazing that any RPG producer can make a book that satisfies enough buyers to cover print costs.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This is from a paid consultant for WOTC, speaking to the Barnes and Noble information:

"I've been told there'll be answers to some of these questions forthcoming, but can't really comment more about it at this time."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I quastio er your use of the words Any Price then you came back and caused me of being residuals when you said any price not $50 or $60

Exactly. When I said I'd buy 5E regardless of price... rather than stay in the realm of realistic expectation, you immediately went into hyperbole in an attempt to make my statement of paying $50 seem absurd.

"$50 is a ridiculous amount to pay, so if he's going to pay $50, then the next obvious amount is that he'll pay $1000 for it too! Right? And how silly is that guy? Willing to pay a thousand for a Player's Handbook!"

Yeah... that jump in logic makes perfect sense. If your argument held water... you wouldn't need to use hyperbole to illustrate your point.

This is from a paid consultant for WOTC, speaking to the Barnes and Noble information:

"I've been told there'll be answers to some of these questions forthcoming, but can't really comment more about it at this time."

[Comment deleted. My apologies to Mistwell & EN World for an inappropriately aimed comment.]

Mod note: Folks, if they aren't breaking the rules, please don't try to tell people what they can or cannot post - you don't own the place, or the thread, to be able to do that. It's civil, it's clean, it's on-topic. That's sufficient. ~Umbran

In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow. Allegedly. Spokesmen for the Sunrise Corporation were unwilling to comment.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If you really wanted a new car and followed it for 2 years expecting it be a 30,000-40,000 car would you say nothing when it was leaked it was ou. Of your budget at 50,000

An unlikely hypothetical, I'm afraid. That pattern doesn't fit how I typically approach buying cars... or games, or even how I approach rumors.

Now we note that the "leak" accuracy remains unconfirmed. We also note that it isn't contradicting anything WotC has said in the past - it isn't like they're breaking a promise. You set an expectation on your own, you're the only one to blame for it not being met.

And, we come to the point of noting that the difference for the real case is on the order of tens of dollars, not tens of thousands. There are folks for whom this difference really is telling, I am sure. But, how many more are crying about it, when really all they need to do to cover the difference is to skip the Starbucks a couple of times?

Agamon

Adventurer

Hopefully they get on it. I looked at the calendar today and it said March... :)

Dausuul

Legend

Well, we knew that. One way or another, eventually, the answers to all of these questions will be forthcoming. The question is whether they will be forthcoming before August. :)

Exactly. When I said I'd buy 5E regardless of price... rather than stay in the realm of realistic expectation, you immediately went into hyperbole in an attempt to make my statement of paying $50 seem absurd.

"$50 is a ridiculous amount to pay, so if he's going to pay $50, then the next obvious amount is that he'll pay $1000 for it too! Right? And how silly is that guy? Willing to pay a thousand for a Player's Handbook!"

Yeah... that jump in logic makes perfect sense. If your argument held water... you wouldn't need to use hyperbole to illustrate your point.

what argument? You said you would pay any price... I started normal, going $75 then made a joke about $1,000 and adopting me... you took the $1,000 joke (and cut out the part about adopting me) and made a huge deal, when you started this by saying you would pay ANY price...

edit I found my post, I say that just because your break point isn't $50 doesn't mean you don't have one, then ask if you would pay $100, or $450, or $1,000, and if you answered yes to those three I have one more important question, will you adopt me?

An unlikely hypothetical, I'm afraid. That pattern doesn't fit how I typically approach buying cars... or games, or even how I approach rumors.
it is the way I and atleast some people do. as my sig says I support D&D... but I'm not sure I can afford to support IF THIS IS TRUE...

Now we note that the "leak" accuracy remains unconfirmed. We also note that it isn't contradicting anything WotC has said in the past - it isn't like they're breaking a promise. You set an expectation on your own, you're the only one to blame for it not being met.
yes this leak is unconfirmed, but it isn't from some guys' brother's best friend's sister in law who used to date the guy in accounting... its from BARNS AND NOBLE... it has some weight to it.

I also love how when someone says "I may not be able to afford this game if that is the price" it get turned around into talk of broken promises and blame... no one is to blame (Wait...no I could blame people but poltics are frowned apon here) for me not being able to shell out $150... to be honest I was hopeing for 3 books between 30-40 each then getting the discount ON TOP OF THAT...

And, we come to the point of noting that the difference for the real case is on the order of tens of dollars, not tens of thousands. There are folks for whom this difference really is telling, I am sure. But, how many more are crying about it, when really all they need to do to cover the difference is to skip the Starbucks a couple of times?
that is insulting, and if you weren't a mod I would ask one to look at this. I drink coffee from my home, not Duncan donuts not star bucks, I buy tea bags at the dollar store. I go for months longer then I am supposed to between oil changes, I do not have 'places to cut' let alone for a game.

Are all of you so well off you can't imagine this 'ten's of dollars' mattering? DOes no one else here have to only buy things on sale with coupons? Am I the only one who got down sized between 4e realse and now and is still trying to recover?

Last edited:

Remove ads