• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Many Actual Sessions Has Your Current Long-Term Campaign Had?

EricNoah

Adventurer
My AU game (Aug 2003 to present): 1-1/2 years, about 14 sessions, x 4.5 hours per session equals about 63 hours. That's about 20 hours (or about 4 sessions) spent at each character level, as characters have gone from 2nd to about 5th in that time.

My 3.0 FR campaign (Aug 2000 to Aug 2003): 3 years, 34 sessions, x 4.5 hours per session equals about 153 hours. Characters went from 1st to 13th level. That's about 11 hours, or 2-1/2 sessions, per character level.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Augusut 2004 till now. We meet a little more often than once a month for this campaign. We have completed 10 sessions. Wish we could do it more often....

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Started a new Eberron campaign in December and we have completed 5 seesions. 3 PCs are 3rd level and 1 (probably 2 starting this weekend) is 1st level. One PC death-by drowning.

drothgery

First Post
Let's see...
Summer of 1994 - introduced to 2E AD&D in a game run by my older sister's then-boyfriend, with most of my siblings as players
Fall of 1994-Spring of 1998 - played pretty much every week while classes were in session (I was in college then); alternating games every other week (same players, different DMs) [always 2E]
Summer 1998 - played a little bit in an Earthdawn game while taking more than 4 years to finish my BS...
Fall 1999 - Summer 2001 - no tabletop games, mostly because I had no intention of staying in the area I lived at the time for very long; spent two years trying to get a job in Boston, then took one in San Diego...
Fall 2001 - present - playing almost every week (except when holidays and the like have intervened) with my current group. Mostly the same DM, though in the most recent (and ending this week, in all likelyhood) campaign, we had a different one. It's been about 8 months with this game, so I'd guestimate a little over 25 sessions.

ThoughtBubble

First Post
My game runs weekly, asuming no problems, and I think we're in the mid twenties or so for sessions.

Which is pretty good given our usual tendancy to self-destruct after about 8 sessions or so.

My current 3e campaign just hit the 4-year mark. Running bi-weekly and assuming we miss an average of 3 sessions a year due to holidays or family events we should be at 92 sessions.

Suprisingly, the game calendar and the IRL calendar are running about the same.

painandgreed

First Post
Current game I'm running has been every Monday for the last year and a half. Out of that, we've called maybe five games, so that puts us around 70.

TragicShaman

First Post
My current campaign has been running with atleast 3 of the main characters for the past 2+ years. We are upto session 113 I believe... we run weekly and sometimes we manage to sneak in an extra session.

Tragic (not my roommate)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads