How many iPodders we got here?

Dark Jezter

First Post
A few months ago, I transferred to a different department in my company where I answer emails instead of telephones. Following the advice of my coworkers and supervisor that I bring a CD player or MP3 player to listen to while I work, I went out and bought one of the new video iPods with 30 gigabytes of storage space.

I'm surprised at just how much I've come to love this little device. I've put all of my music (nearly 1700 songs, mostly rock and country, but music of many different genres as well) on it, as well as several music videos and movie trailers. I've also become a member of iTunes so I can get new music cheaply and quickly (99 cents per song is one hell of a deal). I listen to my iPod while I work, while I study, while I play World of Warcraft, et cetera.

I haven't subscribed to any podcasts yet, but it's something that I'm definately thinking of doing. I'm also looking at getting more accessories for my iPod, such as a car kit or iPod boom box. I also plan on checking out games and other software that can be downloaded for the iPod.

So how many other EN Worlders have become iPod fans? What do you use your iPod for and what accessories/software do you use?

I <3 my iPod! I got my 30 gig Photo iPod as a birthday present in February and it's easily the best birthday gift I've ever gotten. I take it everywhere, even sneak it into work every now and then even though I'm not technically supposed to be listening to headphones. Right now I've got almost 3000 songs and podcasts on there, more than I know what to do with.

Dark Jezter said:
I'm also looking at getting more accessories for my iPod, such as a car kit or iPod boom box.

If by "car kit" you mean some kind of dock built into your car stereo, I don't know too much about them except that I want one. I'm using a Belkin FM transmitter and it works great though.

As far as a boom box, my girlfriend just bought me an IH5 clock radio for Christmas and it's pretty sweet. It starts charging the iPod as soon as you put it in the cradle and puts out generous sound too. It's not quite up to the level of the Bose Sound Dock, but it is about a third of the price. It's rated an A- on iLounge.com, which if you aren't addicted to by now you will be soon.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
I've had my 30GB ipod video for almost 3 weeks. I have already managed to store about 3000 songs, several short videos, a concert video and 3 full length movies. I invested in a better set of headphones, a Belkin FM transmitter for the car and PQ DVD to rip my DVD's to the ipod. I use the pod every day.

DM

buzzard

First Post
I got a 20 GB iPod a few Christmases ago. I'm quite fond of it. I will say I'm not quite as devoted as some of you appear to be though. I use it when traveling, long car trips, at the gym, or walking the dog. At home I have my Mac wired into my stereo and run all my music via iTunes, so that is fairly simmilar.

I have an odd way of doing my car adapter for it. I initially bought an FM adapter (by Monster Cable) which didn't seem to work very well here due to too many stations on the dial. I could never find a station to set it to which worked without a lot of cut in from a broadcast. The adapter, however, does a nice job of charging it. I ended up complimenting this with a cassette adapter which is good since the factory stereo in my car has cassette, which I would never use otherwise (don't own any anymore). Thus I end up with both adapters being used, one to charge, one for music. I did look into stereo adapters for the iPod and unless you shell out a good bit, they are pretty rudimentary. Also my car has volume controls integrated into the steering wheel, and any change from the factory installation would make those useless. My current set up works fine and still keeps those controls working.

buzzard

Starman

Adventurer
I had one of the original 10 gig iPods. Unfortunately, it crapped out on me a few weeks ago. There's no one locally who can fix it and Apple wants $260 up front to take a look at it. At that price, I'll just go get a newer, bigger one. Alas, I do not have the money right now. I really miss my iPod. I took it with me everywhere.

Laurel

First Post
I have quiet a commute in the mornings, so have come to love my video MP3 player (Creative brand not iPod). I'm slowly making my way through season one of Lost :) and I still have tons of room for music while at work.... Cool little toys.

Frozen DM

Explorer
I received a 20 Gig iPod as a gift last year, but after about 6 months or so it started going on the fritz. The internal disk drive seems messed up so all my songs skip now. I've been having trouble getting through the Apple support system to get it fixed/replaced.

I was using it while traveling (I used to fly every week for work) or while at the gym, but since it broke it pretty much acts as a fancy paper weight in my room.

Conaill

First Post
Laurel said:
I have quiet a commute in the mornings, so have come to love my video MP3 player (Creative brand not iPod). I'm slowly making my way through season one of Lost :) and I still have tons of room for music while at work.... Cool little toys.
I've tried that, but I kept crashing my car. :heh:

Just kidding... I have gotten into a habit of listening to books on tape (ok, CD) from the library during my commute - no iPod needed for that.

My partner is a heavy iTunes.iPod user though. She's teaching these yoga + dance classes, and she's constantly putting together new playlists for that. One or two a week - she likes to keep it fresh. She's also gotten addicted to the iTunes store, which is a little more worrisome. :D

Dimwhit

Explorer
I bought my wife one of the 6GB iPod Minis before they were discontinued. I love that little thing. She used it for working out, I use it for mowing the lawn...great little device.

I will, someday, get a video iPod.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases