How many iPodders we got here?

Chaldfont

First Post
I just got a 30Gb Video iPod a couple of weeks ago. I went all over the house reclaiming long lost CDs. Who knew we had so many? Some I hadn't seen in years! I carry the thing all over the place now, but I've only used up about 5Gb on it.

As far as podcasts go, I subscribe to three: The Adult Swim video podcast, the Ricky Gervais video podcast and The Colts 1st and 10 audio podcast.

Did you know that you can use it as a big honkin' USB drive too? Very cool.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm looking at picking up an 8 GB Creative Zen MicroPhoto soon. Currently, I use my phone, which has 50 megs or so free.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I download books from Audible to listen to while I exercise. "Caesar's Legions" has been very entertaining. I also listen to "Science Friday" podcasts from NPR. My only real music love is "filk" which is mostly on cassette (the stuff I own anyway), so I can't load it up on my ipod. Bummer.

iPod Nano here --both me and Mrs Olgar. We mostly download books from Audible and listen to them while commuting, on long trips, and on airplanes/in airports. We're working our way through Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series right now. At about 40 hours per book, it's a lot of listening time.

Mycanid

First Post
I owned an iPod Mini (which is also the name of my cat to boot) for some time before giving it away to a friend of mine who is going to get married next week ... she uses it in the exercise gym I hear ....

Anyway, I had the longest battery life version of the mini, and added an extra battery onto it, giving me approximately 26 hours per charge (advertised length ... actual length was about 22). The sound quality was excellent. I had no problems with it tech wise and it was plenty sturdy.

But most recently I got a Palm Tungsten E2 which has a external memory slot and can take up to 4gb cards. Battery life for it playing music is about 16 hours (I kid you not). So for me it is a good arragement. There is a background hiss when the music is not playing in the Palm which, of course, was not present with the iPod Mini, but I can deal with that. It actually cranks out more sound than the mini with less battery drain....

Laurel

First Post
Conaill said:
Another question for the 'podders out there: how many of you are running out of space on your 20GB or 30GB iPods?
With video included, we have run out of space. But when going for long drives and just have music stored on it still extra space.... must find more music! :D

Numion

First Post
I've had my 30 gig Video since last november. I love it. Not that it was that much better than my previous Creative player, but anyways. Nice if you have to travel for work (or otherwise), or for just plain old commuting. Now I couldn't live without it. Just get good ear/headphones instead of the apple ones.

During last 2 weeks in Thailand it was just surreal listening to finnish rock or pop music on the hotel balcony from minispeakers while watching a tropical thunderstorm blast away on the opposite jungle mountains. A little piece of home, 8000 kilometres from home :)

GlassJaw

Hero
I'm a Creative Zen user myself. I'm not a fan of the iPod's "restrictions" (I know they can be circumvented), although I do like iTunes for its sheer organizational power. Plus I just like knowing I'm not supporting any Apple products (I hate Macs).

Remove ads