• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many people have you played D&D with?

How many people have you played D&D with? (Please read post before voting.)

• All of them

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 101+

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • 81-100

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • 61-80

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 41-60

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • 21-40

Votes: 87 32.2%
  • 11-20

Votes: 47 17.4%
  • 5-10

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

werk

First Post
Counting 4 people per group, and going all the way back, I'm going to say 60-80...but more like 61 or 62.

Not to bad for a guy that's never been to a convention before, heh?

Cedric

First Post
101+

I started playing in 1990, when I was in the Navy. In the Navy alone in different duty stations I played with about 30 different people.

Once you add in the various groups I've played in since 1995 when I got out of the Navy (Upstate New York - 2 groups, Austin Texas - 3 groups, Omaha Nebraska - 2 groups) that brings me up to around 100 there with just steady games.

However...

Now you have to add in DragonCon (twice), GenCon (four times), Origins (four times), Arisa (once) and some smaller, local cons...with multiple games at each con.

I'd easily commit to 200 people+ in total.

deltadave

First Post
Probably something well over 200 people, I grew up a military brat and had constant churn thru players and DM's as people moved in and out of the community. When I was in the service myself, we would always make a point of packing our D&D stuff when deployed and try to get at least a game a week going with people from outside our unit. I've also been going to Con's for pretty close to 20 years...

I take it back, the total may be close to 500 spread over 20 countries and 6 different states.

Animus

Explorer
Over 101 easy. Heck, an individual battle interactive in some of those RPGA games can hit 60 people, and I've done a few of those. Between all my RPGA local and convention gaming in the past 2 years and the home games I've run and/or played in, I can get well over that number, but not as many as P'cat. That dude's just sick ;).

Quasqueton

First Post
Interesting. According to the poll results so far, you've either played with between 20 and 60 other players, or you have played with over 100.

What's the "hump" one must get over to zoom from ~50 to 101+?

Quasqueton

kenobi65

First Post
Quasqueton said:

Based on what people have posted, do at least one of the following (and, probably, more than one):
1) Move around a lot
2) Go back in time and start playing in the '70s
3) Play at conventions
4) Play in the RPGA

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
101+

I was in my JHS gaming club (12+)
I had a group during JHS at home (4)
I had a high school/local college group (6)
I ran open campaigns at my FLGS for many years (20+)
I currently have a home group that has rotated people (6 not including those from earlier groups)
I have played numerous RPGA D&D events (this is where I lose count, but even 20 tables x avg of 4 new people = 80)

Cedric

First Post
Quasqueton said:
Interesting. According to the poll results so far, you've either played with between 20 and 60 other players, or you have played with over 100.

Quasqueton

Exclude conventions and one shot games...and the number will drop dramatically for a lot of people I bet.

KenSeg

First Post
Lets see....

My original high school group was four people and we added one in the senior year. - 5
My original group after moving to Florida in 1981 - 5 over the time period
My current group - base of 4 players continuous for 20 years and another 5 or 6 - 9 to 10

Never attended Conventions or game store groups, no one-shots. I am not including the 6 or 7 people that I played Starfleet Battles with on and off for a year.

Total - 19 to 20

-KenSeg
gaming since 1978

Anthraxus

Explorer
Way over 100.

Living Greyhawk RPGA events at many conventions, plus there's about 10-15 that I game with some regularity. ...also Living Greyhawk.

Before that(pre- 2002), I'd say about 15-20.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads