D&D 5E How Many PHB's have you bought?

How many 5e Player's Handbooks have you bought for your personal use?

Votes: 64 40.0%

Votes: 46 28.8%

Votes: 17 10.6%

Votes: 7 4.4%

Votes: 6 3.8%

Votes: 5 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10+

• ZERO

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Well Technically....(other, explain below)

Votes: 4 2.5%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I voted two, since we're being held to the "Personal Use" clause. I've actually bought many more than that over the years: I've bought at least two for myself (I remember replacing a copy that got lost/stolen/left behind somewhere), and one for my spouse, and a couple more as gifts for members of our gaming group, and a spare copy for the table (because my shelf copy was getting all grimy with Cheetos and Mt. Dew). I've also bought an electronic copy for Roll20.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
None are 5e unless you count the Adventurer's Guide from Level Up. But I am unsure about the count I gave a lot of 4e books to nieces and have 2 of each myself and that is 6, but that total is signiricantly more.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I think people are misunderstanding what for personal use is.
Ack! I don't ever remember seeing the "for personal use". That's what I get for reading the thread title and first post instead of the actual pll question!

@GreyLord Bought or personal use? Or bought for giving away and the like too?

darjr

I crit!
Note I bought two and use two and voted two, even though I’ve had more as “mine”. Specifically the one I was given and gave away.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
None. Both my gaming groups are stuck on 3.5e.
it's cool never give up GIF

As the title asks...how many PHB's have you bought. I feel part of the estimates of how many D&D players there are is dependant on how many core rulebooks have sold (but I think the PHB sales are more indicative than entire D&D core rule sets, or DMG's or MMs or even starter sets...I decided to do a poll on PHB's only). In that light, how much have you contributed "to the numbers" with how many PHB's you've bought.

This is strictly for 5e PHBs. Myself, I have gotten 5 of them.
I put ten plus then read the last sentence haha. If you count BECMI players booklets as PHBs many more than ten.

But 5e, one physical, one DDB.

Laurefindel

Legend
2 and 1/2

Bought one in 2014. When it fell appart I had it rebound in three different softcover booklets (part 1 for character building, part 2 for all the rules, and part 3 for spells), which cost me enough to count as « half a PHB ». When those started to show their age, I bought another PHB circa 2020.

I still use the part 3 booklet (spells) a lot - it’s handy to have a reference for spells without the rest of the book - but the part 1 has lost a few pages already.

Speaking of which, I’m due for another MM actually

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I bought one when it first came out and then I got the special reprint. I also have an Italian copy (that I don't really use) and I've bought access on D&D Beyond.

Remove ads