• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How Many PHB's have you bought?

How many 5e Player's Handbooks have you bought for your personal use?

Votes: 64 40.0%

Votes: 46 28.8%

Votes: 17 10.6%

Votes: 7 4.4%

Votes: 6 3.8%

Votes: 5 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10+

• ZERO

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Well Technically....(other, explain below)

Votes: 4 2.5%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I voted two, since we're being held to the "Personal Use" clause. I've actually bought many more than that over the years: I've bought at least two for myself (I remember replacing a copy that got lost/stolen/left behind somewhere), and one for my spouse, and a couple more as gifts for members of our gaming group, and a spare copy for the table (because my shelf copy was getting all grimy with Cheetos and Mt. Dew). I've also bought an electronic copy for Roll20.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
None are 5e unless you count the Adventurer's Guide from Level Up. But I am unsure about the count I gave a lot of 4e books to nieces and have 2 of each myself and that is 6, but that total is signiricantly more.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I think people are misunderstanding what for personal use is.
Ack! I don't ever remember seeing the "for personal use". That's what I get for reading the thread title and first post instead of the actual pll question!

@GreyLord Bought or personal use? Or bought for giving away and the like too?

darjr

I crit!
Note I bought two and use two and voted two, even though I’ve had more as “mine”. Specifically the one I was given and gave away.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
None. Both my gaming groups are stuck on 3.5e.
it's cool never give up GIF

As the title asks...how many PHB's have you bought. I feel part of the estimates of how many D&D players there are is dependant on how many core rulebooks have sold (but I think the PHB sales are more indicative than entire D&D core rule sets, or DMG's or MMs or even starter sets...I decided to do a poll on PHB's only). In that light, how much have you contributed "to the numbers" with how many PHB's you've bought.

This is strictly for 5e PHBs. Myself, I have gotten 5 of them.
I put ten plus then read the last sentence haha. If you count BECMI players booklets as PHBs many more than ten.

But 5e, one physical, one DDB.

Laurefindel

Legend
2 and 1/2

Bought one in 2014. When it fell appart I had it rebound in three different softcover booklets (part 1 for character building, part 2 for all the rules, and part 3 for spells), which cost me enough to count as « half a PHB ». When those started to show their age, I bought another PHB circa 2020.

I still use the part 3 booklet (spells) a lot - it’s handy to have a reference for spells without the rest of the book - but the part 1 has lost a few pages already.

Speaking of which, I’m due for another MM actually

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I bought one when it first came out and then I got the special reprint. I also have an Italian copy (that I don't really use) and I've bought access on D&D Beyond.

Remove ads