How many VTT users here?

What do you mean 'automated'?

I don't know exactly which mechanics are automated for the games that Eric V mentioned, but I have automated things with GURPS. Generally, this means that the VTT is doing more than just acting as a battle map. Your PC icon has hit points and other features programmed into it. If you take damage, your hit points drop and you might have a health bar that shows this. In GURPS, if your hit points drop to a certain point, your move is reduced along with some of your defenses. On your next move, this will be reflected since you can't move as far. You can even program the environment so that one square or hex costs extra to cross because it has bad footing or something like that. Done well, I think the idea is to combine the best elements of a CRPG with TTRPG. I've had mixed results with this, but I'm still a relative novice.

I don't know exactly which mechanics are automated for the games that Eric V mentioned, but I have automated things with GURPS. Generally, this means that the VTT is doing more than just acting as a battle map. Your PC icon has hit points and other features programmed into it. If you take damage, your hit points drop and you might have a health bar that shows this. In GURPS, if your hit points drop to a certain point, your move is reduced along with some of your defenses. On your next move, this will be reflected since you can't move as far. You can even program the environment so that one square or hex costs extra to cross because it has bad footing or something like that. Done well, I think the idea is to combine the best elements of a CRPG with TTRPG. I've had mixed results with this, but I'm still a relative novice.

I need to learn more about this.

Remove ads