D&D General How much dice do you own?

How many individual dice do you own?

• None. Yeah, I'm that person. Give me your dice. Dice Mooch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Arilyn

Hero
Tell me more about this dice subscription.

Actually, don't. [Eyes of Nine's wallet]
It's through Libris Arcana. They have regular dice subscriptions and metal dice subscriptions, as well as comics and adventures. I just have regular dice and I'm not going to even look more closely at their other ones! 😊

And yeah, I have a bunch of Fate dice too. So many cool ones. 😎

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Oh, geeze, I have one brick of 36, and another of 12 right in my line of sight - that's 48 right there.

And, I just gave into the urge for some retail therapy, and ordered six sets of polyhedrals, colors inspired by classic NASA pictures of nebulae, which is 42 on the way.

Mind you, I am just coming out of many years of not buying any dice at all, so...
Yeah, I also had a long period oh not buying dice that ended in 2014 for 5e after my previous dice went union on me. Since then, I've gottent dice from the Essentials set and the Starter set. I'll have to get some more soon to build up my dice stores.

On the whole, I much prefer dice with good contrast that are easy to read over fancy-smancy dice where the numbers are difficult to see.

Oofta

Legend
Yeah, I also had a long period oh not buying dice that ended in 2014 for 5e after my previous dice went union on me. Since then, I've gottent dice from the Essentials set and the Starter set. I'll have to get some more soon to build up my dice stores.

On the whole, I much prefer dice with good contrast that are easy to read over fancy-smancy dice where the numbers are difficult to see.
I used to play with a guy that had clear dice. He would roll the dice, pick it up, squint then call out a number.

Was it really what he rolled? Who knows. I'm not sure he even knew.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I used to play with a guy that had clear dice. He would roll the dice, pick it up, squint then call out a number.

Was it really what he rolled? Who knows. I'm not sure he even knew.
I've got a guy who bought old school dice where you color in half the numbers (on a d20). Except he didn't really do a good job and so he's the same- always picking up the dice to squint at the number. Since he has roughly an expected amount of fails, even at bad moments, I'm thinking he's being honest...

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I second this motion!

Also, can someone please talk to the assorted dice manufacturers and tell 'em for the love of gawd to, when putting a logo or a special character on a die, make up their bloody minds whether it replaces the '1' or the 'highest number on the die' and then adopt this as an industry standard.

I've got d6s that do both - some have the logo replacing the '1', others the '6' - and it's a nuisance when I roll 'em and see a bunch of logos staring up at me, 'cause now I have to check each one to see if it's a 1 or a 6. I've also seen d20s in both formats.

My own preference is that the special character replace the highest number.

Same here. If I or an other player can't see the result, I always consider the result to be a marvellous #1. In other words a total failure. This rule is responsible for the fact that now all my players do not jump on the dice and all dice have nice contrast. It is way easier to read, especially for an old grognar like me, and it removes cheating.

Eadorin

Villager
Over 1000 dice, easily, but none of them are as coveted as my solid metal ones-- nothing says "piercing damage" like my caltrops-esque d4.

Oofta

Legend
Over 1000 dice, easily, but none of them are as coveted as my solid metal ones-- nothing says "piercing damage" like my caltrops-esque d4.

IMHO nothing beats thorn dice for caltrops.
d4 caltrops.jpg

Remove ads