D&D General How much dice do you own?

How many individual dice do you own?

• None. Yeah, I'm that person. Give me your dice. Dice Mooch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I bought a big bag of dice one time. I think it was a pound of dice. It came out to something like 112 dice. I don't really collect or anything. It just seemed like a good enough amount to cover everyone at my table if I have too.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But this is more what I need.

I recently got these from Wyrmwood...

1591118185645.png

The ungrammatical question of the thread title is actually appropriate for my own, though not useful for voting in the poll.

I have somewhere around 2 gallons of dice (and a few cups have been lost over the years). I have absolutely no idea what that corresponds to in numbers. And there's a lot of variation in the size of each die.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I have several small wooden coffers full of dice, as well as one vault* and several bags for games. Very, very few complete sets in there.

Back in the late 80s/90s I inherited an odd position in one frequent group about dice - not caring about complete sets. So I was never the one going "hey, did anyone pick up my jade d20" at the end of a game. What started happening was that if there were dice left over after a game that no one claimed, they'd toss them to me. And if next session someone was "I'm missing a firey d8" I'd pull one out and give it to them. But then it got to the point where people would lose a die from a set (often with some other group), replace the set, and just give me the rest. I guess because I always gave people dice to complete their sets instead of protecting my own (except that one Torg d20 - which I still have).

Combine that with liking dice and picking up odd ones here and there, and I ended up with way more dice than I can carry to games. Just length of time collecting.

Now when I'm running to teach people how to play I give them dice - usually complete sets - to get them started. Them having their own dice is more joy then those dice sitting in my horde.

Oh, I mentioned "vault" earlier. It's a black textured plastic box about 10" x 6" x 1.5" with a puzzle lock. In reality it a amazingly sturdy Betamax tape case that just happens to look nice and have a lock that requires multiple movements to open that seems to confound people who do not realize the instructions are embedded in the plastic.

Remove ads