D&D (2024) How much would you spend on monthly subscriptions for dnd?

How much would you spend on monthly subscriptions for dnd?

• $0

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • $10 or less

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • $25 or less

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • $50 or less

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • More than $50

Votes: 0 0.0%

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’d pay more than $10, but not $25, unless it was for a lot of stuff.

I currently have the master tier on DDB, and I have a few patreons I and my wife support, and we are considering the paid sub to heroforge.

I’d probably be fine with up $15 a month for a DDB that had a vtt, better encounter building, and a monster builder that wasn’t awful to use. Add in a little monthly content, even just lore, and I’m all in.

Zardnaar

Legend
I voted for $0. I pay for gamepads on zee Xbox but that's a bit different.

I don't really see the point of paying money to DM. May as well subscribe to an MMORPG instead.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Which is a choice you made. For some people ease of use has intrinsical value.

Same for games with pay to progress faster.
Some people have more money than time. So it seems fair that more casual players can help themself and just add some money into the mix.
Absolutely. Did I say otherwise? I was pretty clear that was my personal perspective.

delericho

Legend
It depends on whether I'm currently playing and what the offering is.

First up, if they did digital versions of the Dragon and Dungeon magazines of old (not the 4e successor, which was something of a step down, and not Dragon+), then I'd subscribe in a moment. And that whether I'm playing or not - but it would need to be in PDF format or similar.

For anything else, I'd only consider it if I'm actively playing. And since my games at the moment are in an environment where online access is difficult, it would either need to be PDFs or tools for preparing the game. I have no use at all for D&D Beyond, a VTT, or anything like that - I can't use them. But, I'd happily pay for really good tools for preparing a game... provided I'm actually playing.

In terms of price, $25 a month is probably my limit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases