D&D 5E How often do you play?

Pickles JG

First Post
Once a week for a couple of hours in the 5e game I run

Once every 2 monhs for 6 hours (4egame)

Once a month ish playing Adventurers league for 4 or 8 hours.

Once a fortnight for 3-4 hours n my stuttering Ikrpg group due to start again sometime.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Twice a week, two groups. One evening group for about 3 hours, give or take, and a weekend one for 4-5 hours.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I run one game that targets twice a month (for short, weeknight sessions), and another that targets once a month (a long, weekend session).

The latter is not hitting the target very often.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
We schedule to play every week but wind up playing 2 out of every 5 or 2 out of 6 weeks because of one person or another's scheduling conflict (a job might come up for someone), weather, sudden commitment (wedding or funeral out of town), or illness. All of us are fine holding off to make sure the whole group can play unless there is to be an extended absence then we manage with a smaller group until folks return. On the unscheduled conflicts, we play boardgames mostly but sometimes cancel outright, like if there is a blizzard. Games are usually four to five hours but sometimes as long as seven.

Tormyr

Adventurer
My group grew out of a Next play test Encounters table that had a very dedicated 6 people in it. We play Wednesdays when schedules permit. Otherwise we shift to a different day of the week. We generally play for 3 hours a week. We started a 5e conversion of Age of Worms back in April of last year, and we are probably going to wrap up chapter 5 on Wednesday. We take a week off in between each chapter to play a different game to try to combat campaign burnout.

darjr

I crit!
One group every Wednesday, encounters. Run Pathfinder Society once a month. Starting a weekly lunch hour game at the office. Probably Wednesdays. Then the current hoard/Tiamat game needs to be moved so I can start the new season.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I play or DM Roll20 once a week for about 3 hours. I also play or DM in person with long time friends, but we only meet about once every 6 weeks or so (although those sessions go for about 6-8 hrs).

Game wise, I prefer the shorter but more regular sessions.

Once a week, for between 3 and 5 hours. Three players plus me. One player an old school AD&D head, another an online rpger having the first taste of tabletop, and the AD&D head's 16 yo son, whose rpg cherry we've plucked.

Remove ads