D&D 5E How often do you play?

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Real Life group meets once every three weeks for 3 hours. 6 players involved so the number of dropped games is small. All participants married and with children, age span 43-53.

MapTools group plays weekly in a shared campaign (3 DMs) for 3-4 hours. Not sure about the exact age of the 5 players, but I'm th oldest - by a wide margin, I guess.

Ricochet

Explorer
I game a lot. Made a promise to myself to game more as a new year's resolution in 2013. Having had a baby actually helped with this, as I've cut back on work and my wife's maternity leave has been awesome. :)

Number of players below includes the GM. Notice that the groups are relatively large, so someone can miss a session and we are still playing (due to kids, work etc.)

So currently:
I GM a game every other week for 5 hours. (high-level Pathfinder, seven players)
I play in Rise of the Runelords for a full day one sunday each month. (mid-level Pathfinder, six players)
I play in Kingmaker once ever other week for 4 hours (mid-level Pathfinder, six players)
I play in Hoard of the Dragon Queen once a month for a full day (low-level 5e, five players)

Once my own campaign (which has been going for seven years and is nearing the end) and the Kingmaker games wrap up, I plan to replace those with 5e.

So for the foreseeable future, a staggering 6-7 game sessions per month. A few months last year I had 10+ sessions. This is the best I've managed since probably my early twenties, and I'm 34 now. I've made it a priority and it has worked out. :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
As DM:

Friday each week in theory, about 3 weeks out of 5 in practice, 3 hours or so
Sunday each week quite regularly, about 4-5 hours

As player:

Saturday each week (about 4 weeks out of 5 on average), 5 hours or so
Another party that sails when something else sinks and we all can make it, about once every other month.

Lan-"currently active in the 'another party'"-efan

Sadras

Legend
5e - We try for once every two weeks, around 4-6 hours (5 players), we often get this right.
2e - Then we have another group (3 players) that plays on average once a month for just over 3 hours.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
It has varied a lot over the last few years.

Recently we've been playing pretty consistently biweekly, but each session had been relatively short, around 3 hours on average.

Before that, last year scheduling was hard (largely because of myself, as I've been working a lot), so we would meet every 4-8 weeks but generally for longer sessions (4-6 hours).

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm currently DM'ing a 5E campaign about once every 9.78 days (i.e. our schedule varies between once a week and once a fortnight), running an AD&D Dragonlance campaign about one weekend every two months, and participating in the usual smattering of PBEMs.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Several campaigns...

Wednesday evening weekly (D&D Encounters) for 2 hours
Friday night - two campaigns alternating each week (D&D 5E and Deadlands Noir) for 3-4 hours
Saturday evening weekly - D&D 5e for 2 hours
Saturday evening fortnightly - D&D 5e Expeditions for 3 hours

Cheers!
I'm always astonished at the amount of D&D you stuff into a week [MENTION=3586]MerricB[/MENTION]!

TRDG

Explorer
GMing main group every Sunday late morning/afternoon, about 5-7 hours running PF campaigns on Roll20 for almost 3 years now.

Player every Monday for Pathfinder and D&D 5th ed, DMing some now and then for 5th as well, also running Dungeon Command and Pathfinder card games over at Roll20, as well as Flames of War and other wargames from time to time, also on Roll20 in the last 3 years.

Cheers, anyone "guess" yet what days/nights I have off from work yet?? LOL

Tom

Remove ads