D&D 5E How often do you play?

Mercule

Adventurer
Roughly every-other Friday. Kids sports, etc. get in the way, but it's pretty close.

We used to do a once a month marathon, but it was hard to maintain flow and anyone missing was a huge deal. I think what we're doing is about the minimum I'd be comfortable with, other than total beer-and-pretzels, Tomb of Horrors style hack-and-slash (i.e. treating it like a board game).

Belisarius76

Banned
Banned
Quite a few threads recently (level gains/xp per session, etc) have gotten me thinking about how often the majority of people actually tend to play, and how long those sessions are for.

I'll start:

We play about once per fortnight, session lasts around 4-5hrs

Would be interesting to see what other peoples' D&D time looks like, and what the 'norm' is :)

Once per week, 2.5-3 hours per session

Gronin

Explorer
My game time has taken an upswing as the kids move out (YEAH!!!). I play twice a week for 3 to 4 hours each session. The are 2 different campaigns with some of the same players. I DM one (it is currently 5th Edition and we seem to change systems in this group every year or so) and the other is DMed by my wife and is a long running 4th Edition campaign.

halfling rogue

Explorer
In my "normal" gaming group, we hardly ever get a chance to play anymore. I sometimes feel like the last time we played (end of summer '14) might have been the last hurrah. With lives slowly moving away from each other and with kids and a thousand other things it's hard to get everyone together for a sustained period of time. Now, whenever we do get together it's relatively last minute and most of them would rather play video games.

But with 5e I've started playing with my kids and we've probably been averaging once a week, sometimes more (like if we're snowed in...heh). Sessions last probably 1-2 hours.

Nine Hands

Explorer
My gaming week starts with a Pathfinder game I run on Sunday for 4 to 5 hours. I took over for my wife so she could finish college. On Tuesday, I run Dresden Files for 3 hours or so. On Thursday, I play 5E for 3 to 4 hours and finally on Saturday I run a homebrew mecha game for 3-4 hours.

Remove ads