• 55+

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • I am beyond space and time

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Poll closed .

pming

Legend
Hiya!

47 here, playing for last 37 years. One thing that kinda surprised me...about 75% of the folks here, as of this post, are 35 years or older! O_O Man...no wonder we bicker, n' argue, 'bout 'oo killed 'oo...bout, this'us suppose to be a h'appy occasion...so I'll stop there. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

werecorpse

Adventurer
47 years old and been playing for 39 years!

*And yes I begrudge those 8 years of not playing! I blame it on poor parenting! I would have been rolling D20's in the womb if I had but known.

Bit harsh, if you started playing at the beginning of '77 you got in pretty early in the hobby. Even Gygax didn't start playing 8 years before then.

I'm 49 for a few more weeks.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I'm 55...without the '+' until next summer. :)

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], a question: where does the data come from, that gives the ages of users? I'm not sure if Google knows my age...at least, I don't remember telling it. Ditto male/female etc.; though this computer is regiestered to my name etc. nobody including Google knows who is actually using it at any given moment. (obviously, I am now as I'm posting; but anyone in the household could browse the front page and at best would still show up as me)

Lanefan

My impression is that hobbyist under-30 do use web forums, but more as reading and reference than for participating.

I am at the older end and treat Reddit the same way although I am a near lurker here as well.

nsanelilmunky

First Post
I'm 29. I haven't been able to play much because the people back home thought D&D was devil-worship when I was in Highschool (I'm from Nebraska originally) and later on, I was working too much or moving around too much to find likeminded people. Roll20.net has helped with that though. I played with a group a little bit with that, but mainly watch twitch streamers who broadcast their campaigns and connect with them through Twitter and Discord.

Lylandra

Adventurer
Google Analytics has no idea what your EN World profile says. It's measuring the 4 million unique visitors overall, not just the 200K forum members.

To be honest, I'd find the comparison between the average EN reader and the forum crowd (divided into people with an (active) account and people who simply lurk) quite interesting, but I guess this sort of data would be rather hard to get (User profiles don't need to be filled out completely and I know that, for example, women tend to hide their gender online)

Remove ads