Votes: 46 20.9%
  • 55-59

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Poll closed .

Maelish

Explorer
Jeez. Normally I feel like an old man at 30. But y'all are making me feel like a little baby up in here.

I know of a retired military officer who games with folks back where I grew up. He started with White Box d&d and now their group plays 5E.

And if that shocks you, check out your local wargame convention. The large number of gamers on walking canes and in wheel chairs might surprise you.

Fenris447

Explorer
And if that shocks you, check out your local wargame convention. The large number of gamers on walking canes and in wheel chairs might surprise you.

A surprise, to be sure. But a welcome one.

My wife and I have agreed that we're bringing our 2070 Xbox and our D&D 17e books to the retirement home. We'll stop gaming when we're dead.

Northern Phoenix

Adventurer
At 26 i usually imagine myself on the older side compared to many of the 16-20 year olds who are being brought into the hobby with 5e. Seeing the poll results here helps me realize why i often disagree with or am baffled by many of the opinions i see posted here.

Maelish

Explorer
At 26 i usually imagine myself on the older side compared to many of the 16-20 year olds who are being brought into the hobby with 5e. Seeing the poll results here helps me realize why i often disagree with or am baffled by many of the opinions i see posted here.

I get a lot of disagreement from younger gamers on some topics. It's not that their opinions are wrong, they are correct for what they have experienced. But it's hard to explain sometimes that - what interests you in gaming will evolve over time.

At 26, you are probably starting to see that for yourself. But in many communities, it's more likely the youngest of us are the most active at sharing their opinions. At lot of older gamers prefer to let you get older and figure it out on your own.

I get a lot of disagreement from younger gamers on some topics. It's not that their opinions are wrong, they are correct for what they have experienced. But it's hard to explain sometimes that - what interests you in gaming will evolve over time.

At 26, you are probably starting to see that for yourself. But in many communities, it's more likely the youngest of us are the most active at sharing their opinions. At lot of older gamers prefer to let you get older and figure it out on your own.
So a younger person's opinion doesn't actually matter?

Remove ads