D&D General How old were you when you started playing D&D?

How old were you when you FIRST started played D&D?

• Under 10 years old

• 10 to 12

• 13 to 15

• 16 to 17

• 18 to 21

• 22 to 25

• 26 to 30

• 31 to 39

• 40 to 59

• 60 or older

Results are only viewable after voting.

collin

Explorer
I had just turned 15 - 1979. Started by playing from the boxed set of rules (whatever that was at the time) and then soon moved on to playing AD&D.

Last edited:

. I was the DM and my brother tells me his very first character, cleric, died from a pit trap on his first outing, but I don't remember that part at all.
ya know, there was a pit trap in the very first room of the very first cave in the Caves of Chaos/Keep on the Borderland module... did that one still come included with the red box set?

It did not. By that time, Isle of Dread was what was packaged in the Expert set.

His second character lived a much longer career, and Roughwood Homespread managed to make it all the way to becoming an Immortal. In one of my remaining BECMI boxed sets (I have all the books, but the actual boxes have mostly succumbed to time), I discovered that I still have his character sheet:

1611863236061.png

ya know, there was a pit trap in the very first room of the very first cave in the Caves of Chaos/Keep on the Borderland module... did that one still come included with the red box set?

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
It did not. By that time, Isle of Dread was what was packaged in the Expert set.

His second character lived a much longer career, and Roughwood Homespread managed to make it all the way to becoming an Immortal. In one of my remaining BECMI boxed sets (I have all the books, but the actual boxes have mostly succumbed to time), I discovered that I still have his character sheet:

View attachment 131927
Ahhhh... the good old days.

When D&D character sheets were sold in packs of 200 and called "Notebook Filler Paper."

Remove ads