D&D General How old were you when you started playing D&D?

How old were you when you FIRST started played D&D?

• Under 10 years old

• 10 to 12

• 13 to 15

• 16 to 17

• 18 to 21

• 22 to 25

• 26 to 30

• 31 to 39

• 40 to 59

• 60 or older

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dire Bare

Legend
It did not. By that time, Isle of Dread was what was packaged in the Expert set.

His second character lived a much longer career, and Roughwood Homespread managed to make it all the way to becoming an Immortal. In one of my remaining BECMI boxed sets (I have all the books, but the actual boxes have mostly succumbed to time), I discovered that I still have his character sheet:

View attachment 131927
Roughwood Homespread is the best halfling name I've ever heard! :)

Dire Bare

Legend
I have so many characters written up on line-ruled paper from back in the day. I never bothered with official character sheets until 2e. Of course now anyone with a printer can just print their own, of whatever style works for them.
You print out your character sheets?!?! On paper? Dude, old school represent! ;)

sillyburt

Explorer
I started back in Xmas of 1980. I asked for the dungeon board game but got basic D&D instead (5th grade). This was before the redbox set and had the wizard & armored archer on the front peering in at the red dragon. 50 now

p.s. my set also had the chits and no dice. The dice was bought separately and from what I understand they fell apart after XX amount of use. I've still got my dice from that set since trying to find gaming groups back then was difficult.

DND Basic Boxed Cover Art.jpg

Last edited:

I started back in Xmas of 1980. I asked for the dungeon board game but got basic D&D instead (5th grade). This was before the redbox set and had the wizard & armored archer on the front peering in at the red dragon. 50 now

p.s. my set also had the chits and no dice. The dice was bought separately and from what I understand they fell apart after XX amount of use. I've still got my dice from that set since trying to find gaming groups back then was difficult.

View attachment 132006
I bought that boxed set too... by mistake, actually. I ran into some gaming groups in college and decided to buy the rules for 'Dungeons and Dragons'... not realizing that the groups I wanted to join were using AD&D. Still, I got the basics down pretty fast, tried rolling up some PCs, and eventually got the AD&D books....

Remove ads