D&D General How serious are your D&D games?

How serious are your D&D games?

• A complete farce (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lots of humour (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • Mostly serious, with moments of levity (Lord of the Rings)

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • Deadly serious at all times (Conan the Barbarian)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Wallows in misery (Game of Thrones)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Here's a few off the top of my head:
"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"
Gimli and Legolas's "competition" counting orcs they have killed.
Merry telling Pippin "I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."
Sam describing meals with "po-tay-toes" to Gollum and saying Gollum could not say no to them, but Gollum says "Oh yes we could."
My favorite are all the Merry and Pippin scenes in the extended editions. After they have lembas bread explained to them, and that each one can last a fellowship member days, one of them asks the other: "How many did you eat," to which the other replies, "four."

And, of course, them totally not being stoned while watching the ent-wrought destruction of Orthanc. (Yes, yes, JRRT probably didn't mean for pipeweed to be marijuana. The book remains intact, no matter what Jackson did in the movie.)

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Here's a few off the top of my head:
"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"
Gimli and Legolas's "competition" counting orcs they have killed.
Merry telling Pippin "I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."
Sam describing meals with "po-tay-toes" to Gollum and saying Gollum could not say no to them, but Gollum says "Oh yes we could."
My favorite are all the Merry and Pippin scenes in the extended editions. After they have lembas bread explained to them, and that each one can last a fellowship member days, one of them asks the other: "How many did you eat," to which the other replies, "four."

And, of course, them totally not being stoned while watching the ent-wrought destruction of Orthanc. (Yes, yes, JRRT probably didn't mean for pipeweed to be marijuana. The book remains intact, no matter what Jackson did in the movie.)

Ah. I wasn't thinking about the movies.

Yeah, there's levity in the books, though it is of a different kind than the movies, for the most part. Gimli commenting on the shield he is given with a horse on it, Legolas teasing everyone that can't run on top of the snow, and a bunch of things in the shire, both in the beginning and at the end. And of course, Tom Bombadil.

Remove ads