D&D General How Was Your Last Session?

Weiley31

Legend
Well aside from the fact that I lost my pc Character Sheet, and still can't find it, I was initially sad but the DM was able to work in my substitute character to help out the characters in a meaniful way by knowing the NPC we were looking for and being able to lead the other PCs to said NPC. So props to our DM for net letting me feel left out while still contributing to the story.

The next session though? I'm hoping I can find my PC's Character Sheet. Not only because, well it's my PC, but the Barbarian player, as we were leaving the last session, said to me "You know, I would REALLY like to be fighting by your character's side" for this major battle that's gonna be coming up in the next session or SUPER SOON!!!.

I know I could remake him, but I can't remember half the ability scores or the skills I had.

Last edited:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Well aside from the fact that I lost my pc Character Sheet, and still can't find it, I was initially sad but the DM was able to work in my substitute character to help out the characters in a meaniful way by knowing the NPC we were looking for and being able to lead the other PCs to said NPC. So props to our DM for net letting me feel left out while still contributing to the story.

The next session though? I'm hoping I can find my PC's Character Sheet. Not only because, well it's my PC, but the Barbarian player, as we were leaving the last session, said to me "You know, I would REALLY like to be fighting by your character's side" for this major battle that's gonna be coming up in the next session or SUPER SOON!!!.

I know I could remake him, but I can't remember half the ability scores or the skills I had.

If you find your character sheet, I'd strongly suggest making a digital compy on your computer or phone just in case. There are quite a few form-fillable character sheets that you can just type your info in and then save. You'll have to update it after each game session, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

pemerton

Legend
We played a Zoom session yesterday - continuing our Prince Valiant game.

The PCs completed their trip across Anatolia, making friends with a local nob;e (Sir Fregos) but earning the enmity of his enemy Wassel. The PCs arranged passage for them and their warband to Cyprus, but Wassel sailed ahead of them and they weren't able to find a boat to intercept him.

So when they arrived in Cyprus they were assaulted on the beach and had to fall back to their boats. About twenty soldiers of their 100-member warband were lost. But when they were landed on a deserted beach down the coast they were then able to ride hard to cut off their enemies from the beach before the latter could return to their castle. Some fierce fighting saw them defeat their opponents, with superior generalship and the advantages of being mounted at the top of the slope. And then they were able to take the castle. They took the enemy commander, Ozgad, prisoner.

So far, therefore, their plan to take Cyprus is on track!

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Sadly, the player of the bladesinger character decided to drop from the game. This caused the other players to worry if they were going to be okay now that are down one member. I let them know that I had been beefing up the encounters because there were six of them and now I can just tone it back to adventure's default. I think that by the end of the session they realized that they were going to be fine—even if they were rolling like crap again like last time..

So, picking up from last week, the party entered entered into the Redbrand's hideout. Thanks to Cleron, the very perceptive cleric, they found most of the traps and secret doors allowing them to unwittingly avoid certain encounters and unintentionally beeline to the boss fight. The boss, one Señor Glasstaff, was quickly chumped by Wrath and Chali anticlimactically before he could even take his action. The pally of vengeance and the barbarian decided to literally take his head (to return to Halia as proof). They then went off to encounter the nothic, and things were proceeding calmly until Arco and Gundar discovered Thel's half-eaten body and Gundar was like "oh, hell no". The session ended before we that combat started, however.

The party spent a lot of time overthinking the pit trap and how to safely circumvent it—because this is the sort of thing we D&D players excel at. ;) All in all, the session went well and I look forward to the next session.

TTS 1.jpg

pogre

Legend
My epic group faced a 20th level mage outfitted with a simulacrum and tons of magic gear, an ancient red dragon, and the Arch Devil Moloch in one encounter. They destroyed them in two rounds. Only Moloch managed to escape.

In the spirit of full disclosure, this was 7 PCs with an angelic ally. It was still impressive.

I try to run an epic adventure every 8 weeks or so for my weekly group. That way they can break out their original PCs and do some world shaking. It is getting tougher to come up with meaningful encounters for them though. Still fun to do from time-to-time.

We played another session of... THE HORROR AT HUXLEY HOUSE.

This is a small Film Noire horror campaign that I occasionally run when one of our players or DM's drops out. We play through roll20, and the campaign is almost entirely in black and white (including maps and player portraits).

1595246624322.png

Last time the players explored most of the basement.

1595246534135.png

This time the players explored most of the 1st floor of the house, and ran into their first real puzzle in the Game Room, which they were unable to solve. I may need to drop an extra hint next time to help them with that. As they uncovered more lore regarding the house and its mysterious history, they finally made their way up to the 2nd floor, only to be greeted by the eerie voice of a woman singing.

They quickly noped out.

The players reached 3rd level in my Dragon Heist/Deck of Many Things mashup. Their previous mission took them to Grimshackle Jail, an island prison just outside Waterdeep Harbor, to free a dwarf architect held there. This dwarf built a secret vault holding a fortune in gold. The players are seeking it -- but so are agents of the drow and the Xanathar Guild. The players defeated the agents and escaped from the island in the drow boat with the dwarf in their possession.

This session opened as the characters rowed their boat back to Waterdeep. The dwarf pleaded they take him to a wizard or cleric who could protect him from extraplanar threats. His cell wasn't designed to keep him in; it was designed to keep something out. What, exactly? It turns out that the only way to open the secret vault is to stand before it with a complete Deck and draw a card. Once you've tested your luck, the vault doors open, and the fortune is yours. After building the vault, the dwarf was forced by the cleric that hired him to prove that it worked as designed -- by drawing a card from the deck. Unfortunately he drew the Skull Card, summoning an Avatar of Death -- his death. When his apprentice tried to interfere, a second Avatar appeared and slew her. In the confusion, the dwarf architect fled, ultimately finding refuge in Grimshackle Jail.

The players docked and unloaded the boat. That was when the dwarf's Avatar materialized and attacked. The wizard tried to banish it with dispel magic. Instead, a second Avatar appeared -- this one looking like the wizard. Then the fighter attacked the dwarf's Avatar -- and a third Avatar appeared that resembled the fighter himself. The rogue, seeing the direction this was going, hid.

Ultimately, the fighter and wizard managed to slay their Avatars. For a few minutes, it genuinely looked like one or more characters would die. Perhaps even a TPK. But not this day! However, the dwarf architect was slain. When his Avatar dematerialized, in its place was the Skull Card. The characters retrieved it and added it to their collection. Three cards down, nineteen to go.

In the drow boat was a crumpled note with the location of the safe house they intended to take the dwarf. The characters are headed there in the next session.

A lot of character backstory reveals also happened, but the above are the highlights.

jasper

Rotten DM
Long but fun. I was asked by special request to do some AL in nearby city. OOPS plugged in the wrong address and drove 12+ miles pass the place. Then overshot the place coming back into town. I arrived an half hour late. To find two of my semi-regular players who I haven't seen since Jan. Four new to me players. All new to AL. Only 2 who had homebrew D&D. So half the time was a new person classes on various AL/D&D subjects. Going back next week.

Nebulous

Legend
We are getting ever closer to the end of Forge of Fury. It's a great adventure, I love it, it has been brutal. The PCs just hit 5th level in the duergar lair and a significant power boost. I don't know how things will go with the dragon below though, I am sort of expecting some PC deaths but we will see. There might be two sessions left of this campaign i'm hoping.

Zardnaar

Legend
Completed There is No Honor from the Savage Side. Just gonna focus on Sasserine and skip most of the AP just mining it for parts.

Wonder if my groups one of the few playing in person idk?

Remove ads