Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan smiles. "You're being very brave, Mai Lin," he assures her.

"I think we need only decide who's going to stay with Mai Lin to take the blame, and which of us are going after our squid-tattooed friend. We could try bringing the whole thing downstairs, but while our decoy would be close should we need backup, it might be harder to keep Bonita's attention as we grill our friend.

"If we do go that path, I'd nominate Darreo to play the fiend. Being further away won't be as much of a deterrent to your special crossbow, I'd guess."

OOC: Arguably, Magic Missle makes distance easy to deal with for Nathan, but I figured the high Cha character might be useful for plying information from someone? Just my thoughts at the moment.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"True," Darreo says patting the bow. "If I come in a little late all the better."

OOC: Got a plan then. Let's see how bad we can botch it.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
GM:
It's a plan then. I'll need a Disguise check for decorating Mai Lin, and a general strategy for the others. I'll get a map up and we'll do this.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan begins a short back-and-forth with his unseen celestial companions, and several respectably bruise-like discolorations form on Mai Lin's face and arms. He wets his thumb and wipes it on her cheek near her mouth, and the result turns red, as if blood has been smeared away recently. He cocks his head to one side as he considers.

"Well, yes, Grandfather gave me enough of them that I know what a beating looks like," he mutters to the air next to him as he surveys his handiwork

OOC: Not sure if this would be subject to Aid Another from any folks, so this is without any of that: Disguise check (1d20+4=20)

I think our strategy is to have Mai Lin go running down with Darreo close behind, showing Bonita her bruises. While Darreo argues / haggles over the price for 'damaging the goods,' the others will move in on the man with the tattoo. Since I know we're trying to short-time this to a conclusion, I figure they'll probably try to Intimidate rather than do any sweet-talking.

At least, that's my understanding. Objections / amendments?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn takes out his own mundane supplies in order to assist Nathan in completing his work. He botches it badly, smearing too much orange in with his red and making it look more like she was eating a messy dessert. He wipes away as much as he can and lets Nathan resume his superior work. Once completed he nods and shakes his sap to settle the weights at one end. He pulls it back up into his sleeve so that it won't show until he is ready to use it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: And a week later :p jk IVV

Darreo thinks on what he should say and do to keep Bonita busy. Maybe something sinister or truly evil. He thinks hard a sthe others work on the disguise but comes up with nothing.

"Your not evil or violent of course you can't think of anything." a soft feminine voice says in his head. "But you better become a fast-talker, right quick."

As he shakes her image out of his mind he finds it easy and replaced by the large red eyes and dark hair of the mermaid he saw at The Dunn Wright the night before.

"Is she more beautiful than me?"
the voice asks in a whisper.

"Are we almost ready?" Darreo asks with a little impatience, wishing to be done and away.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
GM: I'm getting a map together, but let's not let that stop us. When Darreo heads down the stairs, I'll get the action started.

Nathan does his work, and Mai Lin looks in terrible shape. He has even managed to make her eyelid droop and look a little puffy. With a bit of Mai Lin's lipstick, he also made a passable blood stain dripping down her mouth. Everyone is confident that she is ready for the show.

Last edited:

Remove ads