Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Mai Lin rushes down the stairs, sobbing, Darreo in hot pursuit. Bonita notices this, stands, and interposes herself between Mai Lin and Darreo. She grabs Mai Lin roughly. Squeezing her face, she examines the wounds, and checks her teeth. Bonita then tosses Mai Lin into the seat next to her.

"Well," Bonita addresses Darreo, her voice disturbingly sanguine, "you must have done quite something to make her run from you. We'll have to get her healed up before she'll be of use again. 500 gold should cover the temple's expenses." Her voice flips into a growling rage as she adds, "For healing her a second time after I'm done beating you for running from a paying customer!"

Bonita's voice softens again as she adds, "Now then, do we have a deal?"

Behind Bonita, Mai Lin is in tears, utterly terrified, pleading with Darreo.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Why that is... is..." Darreo starts to sputter. He calms himself and puts on a menacing face. "You said she was available for anything and yet I find myself here instead of enjoying myself. I should be compensated for that, I didn't pay for this type of work out."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

As Darreo begins his negotiations, Nathan leads the others, ostensibly annoyed with Darreo's abuse of their prize, back toward the man with the tattoo they saw before. And while Nathan seems quite benign and disappointed in his friend during the cross, once he gets to the pesh dealer, his face turns decidedly darker. His eyes become a blood red as he growls out, "You've crossed the fire-wolf, friend. It's time to pay your debt. You tell us the whereabouts of the Wolf's missing servants, or we see how well the pesh tastes flavored with your blood."

OOC: Intimidate with a little more Prestidigitation fun:

Intimidate (1d20+9=28)

Huzzah!

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
GM:
Excellent roll!

But first, some upkeep.

Here are the total XP amounts before the start of this adventure:

Darreo: 1,470 XP (2nd level) Needs 1,830 to level
Nathan: 2,718 XP (2nd level) Needs 582 to level
Tahn: 1,398 XP (2nd level) Needs 1,902 to level

The adventure started on 22 April
Today is 9 August
Number of days: 109

Bypassed entry (CR 1)=133 XP each.

Darreo and Tahn each receive 109x11=1,199 XP and 109x12=1,308 GP.
That's 1,199 XP and 1,308 GP for Darreo and Tahn.

Darreo now has 2,802 XP
Tahn now has 2,730 XP

Nathan receives 53x11=583+56x15=840=1,423 XP and 53x11+56x17=1,535 GP

Nathan now has 4,274 XP and is Level 3.

Now that we've got that done, I'll give Tahn a chance to respond and move things ahead.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn follows Nathan over to the table to confront the tattooed man. He fingers his concealed blackjack and eyes the other men in the establishment to see if anyone of them notice the exchange. His awareness is heightened by the danger around him, and his sharp elven eyes pick out every detail around him.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Nathan speaks, and motes of holy fury start streaming from his hands and face--apparently someone liked what he had to say. Instantly, the gang member stands, unceremoniously dumping his women on the floor, and starts to take off running toward a cellar door.

Darreo, meanwhile, tirades against Bonita, who looks at him with jaded fury. "Ahem, we appear to have a difference in opinion," she says pointedly.

A number of men around the room stand up to face the party.

Tahn looks around the crowded, seedy establishment. He quickly ascertains that there are two groups becoming agitated. Three burly men, well-trained, appear poised to defend Bonita. Another three have the same squid-tentacle tattoos and are ready to defend him as well. Some of the prostitutes, knowing what this means, have begun to slink out of the room, while some of the men aren't entirely sure what to make of present events.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

OOC: ooh! Hooray for extra backup from the motes. :D

"Afraid running wasn't one of your options," Nathan says, drawing a wand from his belt. With his free hand, he grabs a handful of the furious motes from the air. They burst into flame at his touch and he smiles, the celestial fire drawing flickering shadows across his face.

"Divine judgement it is, then." He opens his hand, and the flaming motes streak toward the fleeing man.

OOC: Move: draw mage armor wand
Standard: Heavenly Fire attack vs. the fleeing man, whom Nathan and I are banking on being of evil alignment. :)

Heavenly fire ranged touch; damage (1d20+3=13, 1d4+1=5)

[sblock=Resources]HP: 12/12
Spells per day: 1st: 5/5 remaining
Heavenly Fire: 6/7 remaining[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn slides his weapon from out of his sleeve and grips it in one hand. With his other he flourishes his long coat and twists his body in a distracting move. Suddenly, a twin of Tahn stands by his side also holding a weapon. It is an exact copy of him and it also holds a blackjack in its hand. The both smile evilly at the same time at the group of men headed their way.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Using "Copy Cat" from the trickery domain. It is like mirror image but with only 1 copy. That uses up his move action, so for his standard he will draw his sap and wait for them to come to him!
[/SBLOCK]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The motes righteously slam into the gang member, knocking him across another seated patron who rises with a "HEY!"

GM: Waiting for [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] for the rest of the round.

Remove ads