• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.

I’m not getting email notifications.

Rune

Once A Fool
Well, more specifically, not from being quoted, anyway.

I do get them from private conversation updates (at least, I hope I still am – they were being sent to my spam folder).

Hopefully, I’ll get them from “message” summoning, ‘cause that’s kind of important.

Would anyone mind testing that by “message”-tagging me?

Rune

Once A Fool
That used to cause problems, back in the day, if the user you were looking for had a name that included part of another. The system would just summon the other user.

For instance, if their were a user named “Run”, summoning me with an @ tag instead of the bracketed method would have instead summoned “Run.” Also happened all the time with multiple-word user-names. Many’s the time I was summoned in place of Rune Explorer.

Time will tell if it’s still an issue, I guess.

(The @ tag auto-summon also created interesting results when we got the WOTC migration and a bunch of people were referring to twitter users by starting with an @.)

Advertisement