• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I... actually met a girl!

Aaron L

Hero
Well, Im finally going down to meet her on Friday :) Our friend and his girlfriend are driving us down and were all going out with some other friends who live down there. Im staying with my friend and my brother for 2 or 3 weeks.

Her and I have several things planned to do :) Se said shes taking me dancing weather I want to or not, were going out to a Japanese resteraunt and to see the Illusionist.

I hope I dont screw this up! Thank you for all the advice, everyone. I will take it to heart, I need all the advice I can get. :)

Aaron L said:
Well, Im finally going down to meet her on Friday :) Our friend and his girlfriend are driving us down and were all going out with some other friends who live down there. Im staying with my friend and my brother for 2 or 3 weeks.

Her and I have several things planned to do :) Se said shes taking me dancing weather I want to or not, were going out to a Japanese resteraunt and to see the Illusionist.

I hope I dont screw this up! Thank you for all the advice, everyone. I will take it to heart, I need all the advice I can get. :)

Just relax and be yourself. Simple advice but I know it can be very hard to follow sometimes, especially when you're trying to impress someone. Like others have said. The worst that happens is that the date goes horribly wrong and you never see her again. You're not ruining a really close friendship if things don't work out. There's really no down side here so you have nothing to worry about.

Of course, I'm not the one going on the date so I can say those sorts of things. :) If I were in your position I'd be in trouble for one because I'm already married, but I would probably be nervous. It's natural to be nervous.

Olaf the Stout

Mycanid

First Post
Aaron L said:
Her and I have several things planned to do :) She said shes taking me dancing whether I want to or not, we're going out to a Japanese restaraunt and to see the Illusionist.

Hey! Japanese food! My favorite! :D

I never liked to go "dancing" myself.

I wish you luck my good sir.

dreaded_beast

First Post
Congratulations!

Out of curiosity, since you've met her through mutual friends, does she share the same interests as you, such as RPGs?

However, it doesn't matter whether or not mutual interests are shared; the ability to be yourself around the other person and for them to accept you for who you are is of much more importance in my opinion.

Enjoy yourself and have fun!

Aurora

First Post
dreaded_beast said:
Congratulations!

Out of curiosity, since you've met her through mutual friends, does she share the same interests as you, such as RPGs?

However, it doesn't matter whether or not mutual interests are shared; the ability to be yourself around the other person and for them to accept you for who you are is of much more importance in my opinion.

Enjoy yourself and have fun!
Good point. Of course, it helps if she is a gamer :)

Good luck Aaron. Be yourself and anytime you feel yourself getting overly nervous, just stop and take a deep breath. If she notices, just blame it on pain :)

Aaron L

Hero
Well, not exactly RPGs, but she likes fantasy and video games and anime, and she played EverQuest for a few years. I talked to her before about my 70th level dark elf necromancer on EQ and she was impressed, heh :)

So, if things work out, Im going to try to introduce her to D&D.

That would be awesome.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i wouldn't go crazy on the topic of geekery, unless she seems to be right there with you, though it seems she's at least somewhat comfortable with that sort of thing. :)

save the D&D-introducing for a bit unless she clearly displays an interest in learning more. :)

Priest_Sidran

First Post
I am glad to here your good news, and hope that all is well with your back (my father has had a number of back surguries because of Degenerative bone disease, so I have dealt with growing up with it as a part of life).

About the geekiness, If you can talk to her about your character and she's impressed I am sure that eventually you will convert her to D&D, just don't dm her yourself I have learned the errors of DMing gals I was going with it isn't pretty.

Best advice I can give be yourself, and make her laugh...laughter is the true key to a persons soul...so stock up on the jokes

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads