• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

jaldaen

First Post
One more question about zones: How does the typical Target line fro them read.

Examples: Any creature in the zone or All creatures in the zone.

Rechan

Adventurer
Kobold Avenger said:
I got some more questions on top of my other ones.

1) What can some of the really powerful magical implements do beyond giving bonuses to attack and damage and adding to criticals?
Most of the implements that are magical all have some ability, and then you tack on the bonus. Those abilities are like using 'encounter or daily' powers of certain classes. There's an 18+ wand that gives you a daily use of the Warlock's Soul Flaying power.

Also, all magical implements seem to give bonus crit damage, like magical weapons.

Orbs are awesome. Let me tell you. There's 20th level Orb that, as a daily interrupt, lets you cancel the power a monster just recharged, and in exchange, you recharge an encounter power.

2) Are the Staff of Power or Staff of the Magi now implements?
Staff of Power, yes.

Gansk

Explorer
baberg said:
Page 7 of the MM. You probably skipped it because it's in the description of "how to read the stat block" but right at the end it says they don't mention Healing Surges because they're rarely used, but gives those values.

So monsters cannot take second winds? What about NPC allies?

Rechan

Adventurer
Kobold Avenger said:
3) What are the variants of Dwarves, Elves, Eladrin, Humans, Halflings, Dragonborn and Tieflings in the Monster Manual? And do they get things that make them very different from a PC with class levels?
Darven Bolter, Dwarven Hammerer,
Dragonborn Soldier, Dragonborn Gladiator, Dragonborn Raider, Dragonborn Champion.
Eladrin Fey Knight, Eladrin Twilight Incanter, Bralani of the Autumn Winds, Ghaele of Winter.
Elf Archer, Elf Scout.
Halfling Slinger, Halfling Stout, Halfling Thief, Halfling Prowler,
Human Rabble, Human Bandit, Human Lackey, Human Guard, Human Berzerker, Human Mage
Tiefling Heretic, Tiefling Darkblade.

To answer your last question: Yes. For instance, when the Tiefling Heretic is hit, it can teleport 5 squares.

Holy crap. The Goblin Picanter is missing! As is the Bugbear Headhunter! THe Foulspawn pic looks goofy, but the monsters are nasty. Reused ar for Hags.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads