I Am Your Father! The Spoiler Spoiler Thread -- What are the biggest ever spoilers? [spoilers]

Omand

Hero
He certainly does! They even have a kid by the sequel. But then she gets re-cast in the third movie.
Ummm ... Pretty sure the reference here is to Rick in "Casablanca", not Rick in "The Mummy."

That said, I can understand the confusion. Might be helpful if people named which movie they were "spoiling" for this type of context where characters in wildly different movies have the same name.

Cheers :)

DragonBelow

Adventurer
One from the books:

Catelyn Stark survives the Red Wedding thanks to some Lord of Light shenanigans, and then basically gets forgotten about.
IIRC she kills Brianne of Tarth, and Podrick. We just didn't see that in the show. I like the show version better.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Ummm ... Pretty sure the reference here is to Rick in "Casablanca", not Rick in "The Mummy."

image4-4.gif

practicalm

Explorer

That said, I can understand the confusion. Might be helpful if people named which movie they were "spoiling" for this type of context where characters in wildly different movies have the same name.

Cheers :)
Yes these were all Bogart film spoilers because it was more interesting to spoil something without listing where it was from.

I mean I could also spoil Oceans 11 where they don't get the cash. But that's the original movie.

One major spoiler annoyance I had was some troll in a Youtube comment posting that Kylo Ren kills his father Han Solo, about two days before The Force Awakens came out. It didn't actually diminish the impact of the moment, though.
Oh my god, someone did that to me on the general chat of a Star Wars: The Old Republic server, and it's the only time I've ever actually been mad about someone "spoiling" something. The movie had been out for several days at that point, but we were saving it for Christmas. I was playing a Star Wars game specifically because I was hyped about it. And they were clearly doing it just because they sucked.

Remove ads