• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I can't WAIT for this month's character builder update!

darjr

I crit!
I attached a sreeencap. It's 4 main columns:

- Ability Scores, Skills, Languages
- Defenses, Racial features, Class features
- Initiative, Senses, Action Points, Feats (I wish the feat block was smaller)
- Hit Points, Basic Attacks, Other Equipment.

If the Character Portrait window was smaller, I'd have added it there.

That is very cool, thank you. I'll have to do something similar now. :)

Anyway, I think that you can hand that format out by handing out a character file.

Klaus

First Post
That is very cool, thank you. I'll have to do something similar now. :)

Anyway, I think that you can hand that format out by handing out a character file.
But the character is MINE, preciousssss!

:lol:

The character sheet has awesome customisability (is that even a word?), but I wish there were a few more controls to play with, like determining how many empty lines in a box beyond the filled ones, choosing to add magic items and coins to the Other Equipment section or not and resizing the portrait box.

Caliber

Explorer
But the character is MINE, preciousssss!

:lol:

The character sheet has awesome customisability (is that even a word?), but I wish there were a few more controls to play with, like determining how many empty lines in a box beyond the filled ones, choosing to add magic items and coins to the Other Equipment section or not and resizing the portrait box.

I'm definitely with you there Klaus. I'd love to be able to adjust not only the width of each panel but also its vertical height ... especially at low levels TONS of space is wasted with useless blank lines.

That said, if you go to the layout option in the menu, you can save your custom layout into a file that you could share with any friends (nudge, nudge, I'm your buddy right? :p) you want to share with. I've created two custom layouts that I use, essentially trying to move things around to get them closer to how the sheets my group used in 3.5 laid things out. They're ... ok. But definitely room for improvement, once the character builder gives us some more layout customizability (I'm thinking that isn't a word ...) :)

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Same thing with feats; it'd be nice to be able to tell the character builder that for a specific character you never want to see a certain feat offered again. Then you could weed out the feats which are just never going to fit your character concept.

There is a way to do this, though it's a little indirect.

First go Manage tabe, the click on campaign settings. THis should bring up a list of every source the CG draws from. Click to expand the source with offending feats, expand feats to show a list of every feat in that book, then uncheck the feat you want it to ignore.

It could be a lot simpler, but at least its something.

StormHarbinger

First Post
That's a good trick, but that would make the feat invisible for ALL characters I build, neh? I'd like it to be custom for each character. I'm definitely thrilled to see they're still tweaking, though. For whatever reason, I only expect content updates every month, not improvements.

zoroaster100

First Post
I feel the same way. I statted out one PHB2 character this weekend, for a player that wanted try out a goliath barbarian character for our game on Sunday. It felt like it too a long time because I've gotten spoiled by how easy it is to build a character with the CB. I can't wait to try building some PHB2 characters on the CB tomorrow.

Hawke

Explorer
I think WotC is on Pacific Coast aren't they?

You're correct... however, Dungeon/Dragon stuff usually goes live at midnight Eastern Time. I just assumed that comp/cb updates would follow the same schedule. Obviously that's wrong... so it following Pacific Time schedule wouldn't make me any more correct =)

I think sometime in the day tomorrow is most likely.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads